Hellgate: London Demo and Beta

HumpX

Character Assassin
Oct 30, 2004
Rhode Island
Welp, the demo is out and if you signed up for the beta they are mailing slots out to EVERYONE who left their email addy. The game launches tomorrow but evidently they still need to stress test the server clusters as many of their beta players left in frustration over random crashes etc. It will supposedly last until Sunday evening.

The demo is a huge let down. The graphics suck, the combat is dull and the quests are boring. This game had such huge potential and its been squandered. it feels like a budget game.

I hear the game gets more fun in the higher levels which is the only reason I'm going to give the beta a shot. As of right now though it doesn't look good. :mad4:

Monstercloud

Feb 15, 2005
NH
I've been hearing pretty much the same thing. I never really expected too much of it, although it sounds like a great idea, it ultimately sounds like CoH/CoV... Will have to see for myself once downloads are finished.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
Already in the process of downloading it. Had some hopes for this game but hadn't looked into it too much. I guess I'll try it and see if it really sucks.

Chlorofirm

Aug 26, 2002
cleveland
I'll try it out later today. I read that if you were hoping for Diablo in 3d, this ain't it. Sucks, because thats what me and probably everyone else wanted out of the game. Still going to give it a shot.

HumpX

Character Assassin
Oct 30, 2004
Rhode Island
Here's the account page

you don't need a key or anything. just sign up.

So far the beta is pretty much a reflection of the demo. It's an OK time killer I suppose but I don't see myself getting heavily into it.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
Bah. Lot of hype for this game but it turned out to be a barrel of suck. Oh well.

Stalker2

Jun 7, 2001
TRueWDTer
I`m not going to bother with it sounds like garbage.

Monstercloud

Feb 15, 2005
NH
After a few levels, I have to mirror Hump's statements. It's great for a time killer, but I would never pay money and quit WoW to play this.