Helmet Cameras! Contour/GoPro......others......

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002
In a hot tub having a snow ball fight.
I have a Contour+ helmet cam that I got this past fall for making various videos, mostly for when I am fucking around skiing. http://contour.com/

So far I love the thing. It takes some great video and the bluetooth connect app to the phone that lets me line up the camera and change the settings remotely is awesome. The only thing I don't like about it is the battery life. I can only get about 3 hours out of a fully charged battery and had to buy a spare.

If you have one, what did you get and why?

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
I got the GoPro mainly because I was interested in the time lapse features and it seemed a little more popular amongst the crowd. I think the two are pretty much a toss-up though. I do like the Contour's ability to stream to a wireless device and wish GoPro would figure that out.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002
I just uploaded a few videos that I took. 3 of them I had the camera mounted to the side of my right leg below the knee. I think the one that is file 34 I had on the side of my helmet. I was mostly just screwing around at a little resort in western New York. I wanted to take a trip to Whiteface but just didn't have the time this year.

http://contour.com/users/chiapeteater

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
Peek and Peak actually had snow to ski on?
How many runs were open when you went?
I grew up 4 miles from there.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002
They made A LOT of snow this year. They were 100% open up until about March 12. Then they closed down the terrain parks and shit that the knuckledraggers used. The last time I went skiing there was March 15 and it was really starting to deteriorate then. They got bought out by Scott Enterprises and apparently they tossed some money into the place. They bought a brand new Pisten Bully snow cat/groomer and they did a hell of a job maintaining the slopes with what little natural snow fell.

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
Oh, I know all about the Peek.
I have many friends and family that work there or know everything that goes on.
The winter was not nice for the new owners.
My best friend was layed off and just started working there again lastweek to get ready for golf season.
Did you go to the French Creek Tavern?

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002
I ate at the FCT years ago with a couple of friends that run the NASTAR course at Peek. Haven't been back in a long time. I don't even know if the place is open at the time I leave Peek. I usually try and get off the slopes by 3pm, before the school buses get there and drop off the annoyances.

I want to try golfing there this summer. I'd like to try the upper course once but I ain't as good a golfer as I am at skiing. Might stick to the lower course at first.