Help fill me in?

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
I've been away for a while as a listener, and just started again after about a 3 year hiatus. Was wondering if you guys could fill me in on a couple things I was wondering...

Master Po - Guessing he didn't make the financial cut in the merger? Is that right?

Steve - He use to be the producer (i think?), so I can't figure out how he wouldn't come over. What happened to him?

Aside from people, I've noticed it seems (at least to me) that the show might be on it's last leg and they might not resign? Is there an open plan for the show to continue else where?

I'm sure there are other things I'll start thinking of, but that's it for now.

Dec 4, 2010
Glassboro, NJ
Steve got laid off after the last contract.

They don't hate Howard anymore.

Anthony doesn't even attempt to hide his disgust with black culture (as he shouldn't)

Opie went to shit and now all he does is tweet nonsense and then talk about it on the show the next day.

Roland back so now each show has anywhere between 2 and 17 guest on any given day.

Jimmy is still fucking hilarious.

Anthony is still fucking hilarious.

Oh and people still bitch about the good ole days but the show is fine and very entertaining.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Dec 4, 2010
Glassboro, NJ
Patrice started getting preachy and annoying but I think that is a reaction to Anthony. Every visit to the show is a debate with him now instead of hilarious relationship advice.

Tippy Tom Died

Jessie Ventura walk of the show after a Truther argument with Jimmy.

They almost did another Homeless Shopping Spree but had to cut it and just have a Homeless Talent Show instead in the fish bowl (Sirius/XM's common auditorium area in their lobby.)

Dec 4, 2010
Glassboro, NJ
Oh and Sam host an hour long after show called After Opie & Anthony Live and I think I am the only person who likes it.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
And not one bogus line or meatspin link. This place is changing. :(

Dec 4, 2010
Glassboro, NJ
Jim Jeffries Came on the show completely blitzed on Ecstasy

Did you miss when they had Intern David? I hope not that was great radio.

Boratfan

Oct 4, 2004
Port Jeff Station NY
Sam and Danny took advantage of NY's legalization of gay marriage and recently held a private ceremony on Fire Island. Sam's mother made the cookies and a fabulous cake and think's Sam will make a wonderful and loving mother one day.

Tallguy

Apr 11, 2011
Arizona
On Friday they have the couch of zilches. So they do a radio show for four people for the last half of the Friday show. Kind of like the old Friday show with people in the bleachers but then they did a show for 20 people.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
On Friday they have the couch of zilches. So they do a radio show for four people for the last half of the Friday show. Kind of like the old Friday show with people in the bleachers but then they did a show for 20 people.
That's not true. I was there for bleacher shows and there were more than 20 people in there. ;)

I used to enjoy a live audience. I think Sirius fucked them big time moving away from the 57th
Street studio to where they are now. They could do great radio away from the corporate asshats.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Look at the edgy guy! They have done the couch of zilches all of.... 2 times. The studio audience shows from the xm days were all awesome. And they did it more than once a week. But you and your opinion matter here, please keep posting.

And fuck your mother.

xingcat

May 26, 2011
O&A lost all their interns after an incident where one of the interns got kicked in the balls. They keep hoping to be able to get the ability to have interns again, but so far management hasn't allowed it.

Opie became a father, which (to my ears) has made him a lot more intense about what his future is going to look like.

Ant has had a show from his house on the internet, on and off, which has sometimes caused him to be censured by management, adding to his frustration.

Jimmy has become a semi-regular on Leno, and isn't allowed (I think?) to mention O&A...more tension.

Sam is all over Sirius/XM, with his own show with East Side Dave on Saturday nights, a wrap-up show after every O&A, and doing some regular DJ-type stuff on the hits channel.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Sam is all over Sirius/XM, with his own show with East Side Dave on Saturday nights, a wrap-up show after every O&A, and doing some regular DJ-type stuff on the hits channel.

And he's still OVERPAID.

xingcat

May 26, 2011
Oh and Sam host an hour long after show called After Opie & Anthony Live and I think I am the only person who likes it.

There's at least one more ...
I like how relaxed everybody is during the after-show. O&A and Jimmy, when they stick around, seem do drop most of the anger they have when they're doing their regular show and just have fun. Ron, with someone engaging to talk to, is as terrific as he can be. Even when it's just Sam and Roland, they don't seem to be trying so hard and are just having fun, which sometimes seems to be missing from the regular Virus shows.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
I like how relaxed everybody is during the after-show
That's exactly the thing I DON'T like about it.

Buncha mamma's boy hipsters thinking/knowing everything's eventually going to be ok.

The fucking nerve of them.

I hope they collectively lose 60% of their teeth in the next year.