Help me name my new dog

DoucheMeister

I'm a douche!
Jun 2, 2006
Ottawa, Canada
We had a yellow lab for 13 years, and it passed away about 5 years ago.

Time to take the plunge and get anther one, black this time. Going to the breeders on Sunday, and will be putting a deposit down for one from the coming litter some time this summer.

So, baggers, any and all suggestions welcome for the new fella.

Oh yeah, it will be a male, black or chocolate.

thelord68

There's always time for lubricant
Feb 24, 2003
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Earl....

Then you can try to train it to hang a picture, which it won't be able to do, but at least it will have the 'no thumbs' excuse.

Ren5150

Linger Longerer
Aug 1, 2001
Token, obvious reference there.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
My advice is to find a Lab from a rescue group that needs adoption. There's plenty of them out there that need a home. Especially black ones... They often meet an unfortunate fate.

Just my $0.02...

Our Yellow Lab is from an "oops" litter, and my Airedale is from a rescue. That's just how I roll. I'm not trying to crap on your thread, just throwing it out there...

You can probably get a pup or young adult that is neutered, housebroken, has all shots, microchip, etc... And it'll cost 1/3 of what a pup from a breeder will cost.

commish13

Personal Friend of Chris Jericho
May 24, 2005
Emerson, NJ
Call it Flea Man.

Then put it in a bag and beat it with a hammer.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
My advice is to find a Lab from a rescue group that needs adoption. There's plenty of them out there that need a home. Especially black ones... They often meet an unfortunate fate.

Just my $0.02...

Our Yellow Lab is from an "oops" litter, and my Airedale is from a rescue. That's just how I roll. I'm not trying to crap on your thread, just throwing it out there...

You can probably get a pup or young adult that is neutered, housebroken, has all shots, microchip, etc... And it'll cost 1/3 of what a pup from a breeder will cost.
What he said... we only got the GSD from a breeder as her hips and shit were guaranteed... as there are some GSD breeders ummm lets say polluting the bloodline and shit... and breeding these GSDs with massive hind quarters so they show off the GSD stance... meh.

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
I thought of 'Earl' instantly when I read the initial post, and I see I'm not the first.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
There are nearly 18,000 Labs on Petfinder right now, BTW...

Every time you look at your dog's face, you'll have the satisfaction of having saved a life.

EDIT: Didn't notice you're in Canada...

So, here ya go:

http://www.lrro.on.ca/

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
There are nearly 18,000 Labs on Petfinder right now, BTW...

Every time you look at your dog's face, you'll have the satisfaction of having saved a life.
Good point... our BC is a rescue dog... oh here is my mother in laws dog (another rescue dog)... a Lab/BC cross... the Lab part really mellows out the Border Collie part:)

And our BC... Peggy...

Everyone thinks they are related due they are both tri colors etc...

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
i too have an adopted dog, and cat... mixed breeds, contrary to old adolph's rants, actually tend to live/be better, healthier dogs that live longer, healthier and happier lives.

Stig

Wackbag's New Favorite Heel
Jul 26, 2005
NH
Just name it what East Side Dave would name it: Labbie. Or Doggie.
Did I mention he's an idiot?
I knew a Greek guy with a black lab that he named Zeus.

Stig

Wackbag's New Favorite Heel
Jul 26, 2005
NH
i too have an adopted dog, and cat... mixed breeds, contrary to old adolph's rants, actually tend to live/be better, healthier dogs that live longer, healthier and happier lives.
Mutts tend to have all of the best attributes of the dogs that made them. They're great. I have a purebred Golden Retriever right now, and he's awesome. But my previous two were a Samoyed/Sheltie mix and a Chow mix of some sort, both from the pound, and they were both unbelievably great dogs.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
Chubs McLaughlin.

Pedro

Ramses

Bluto

Bronco

Momo

MrCrazypoopsex