Help My Fire Company

turkyman

Apr 2, 2004
Woodbridge, NJ
Hey everybody. My fire company recently took delivery of a new heavy rescue truck. The company that built it has a monthly "winner's circle" contest where site visitors vote for their favorite truck of the month. If you have a minute, I would appreciate it if you could go to http://www.rescue1mfg.com/poll/rescue1poll.aspx, type in an email address and vote on the big yellow beast on top, "Hopelawn Engine Co. #1, NJ". Feel free to make up different addresses and vote more than once. Thanks!

Also, if you're in a giving mood, I'm shaving my head at the end of the month to support children with cancer. I am putting out a call for donations of any amount. If you can help, please go to my site at http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/shavee_info.html?ParticipantKey=2008-31912 and click Donate Online about halfway down.

Thanks again for your help.

-Brian

Digital_Trauma

"man of leisure". . . aaaand repeat
May 2, 2005
Lexington, KY
I voted for ya, but was tempted to vote for that Bergen County Sheriff's truck. That one was pretty cool, also. I'm on shitty wifi in a hotel, so I'm not going to donate tonight. I'll try to remember your site when I'm home on the weekend.

turkyman

Apr 2, 2004
Woodbridge, NJ
Digital Trauma: Thanks! Since I was in charge of the purchase and design of our truck, I paid a few visits to the factory during construction. The Bergen County truck was nice, I have to admit. It has over $1 million in crime lab equipment installed in the rear. You can see more pics of it by going to the recent deliveries section of the website.

Reddog: Thanks for the help! I took care of your request as well.

CaraC

A real giirrrrllllllllllllllllll
Jun 1, 2005
MA
got 5 votes from me as well....

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Need to head to bed, but put a quick vote in.

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT
3 votes here. I really shouldnt have voted since my uncle works for Kovatch Fire Apparatus....just dont tell him.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I actually liked the Bergen County, NJ rig, but voted for yours 4 times.

p.s.

I'll donate to St. Baldrick's if you donate to NMSS (shameless plug, I know)

;)

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Kris, thanks. $25 has been donated to your MS Walk. Good luck.
ha ha ... I was just about to donate to you - always give to St. Baldrick's - when MS sent me an update that a donation had been made to my account.

Great minds think ... a lot

Thanks Brian - make sure you post before & after pics!

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
Voted, good luck.

BTW, that Bergen County truck could make for one hell of an RV!

rottwielerinpa

I need a new bawx of wine.......
Sep 1, 2002
ne pennsylvania
I voted for ya, but was tempted to vote for that Bergen County Sheriff's truck. That one was pretty cool, also. I'm on shitty wifi in a hotel, so I'm not going to donate tonight. I'll try to remember your site when I'm home on the weekend.
Got one from me also and boy the temptation was there to vote for Bergens also .

turkyman

Apr 2, 2004
Woodbridge, NJ
Hey everybody. This is the final day to vote for Hopelawn Engine Co. as the best looking rescue truck. Also, the St. Baldrick's event was held yesterday. My team raised over $1,200 to help children with cancer. Altogether, the event itself raised over $75,000. Here is a before/after shot of my team. I am on the far right in the before shot.