Henry Rollins' spoken word shows

Nov 8, 2005
Below Canada
anyone else checking him out on his latest tour. I'll be seeing him in Glenside (Philly) saturday, and was wondering if anyone else is going, or going to any other shows.
i don't agree with his politics, but he's a great story teller, and very funny (i think).

Swamp CAve

aka Fuzzy Dunlop
Jan 27, 2005
Chapel Hill, NC
I've seen Jello Biafra speak, but not Henry. He never tours in NC.

I didn't agree with half the shit Jello says, but he funny and interesting to listen to.

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
Both are interesting.. do you know of any other Rollins dates near NY/Phila? thx,

Smokezilla

U. S. Backstroke Roulette Champion
Jul 30, 2005
BumFuck-Egypt, KY
I saw Rollins a few years ago at the University of Kentucky. . . He makes some pretty decent points. . . I really enjoyed listening to him telling stories about travelling the world and being "real" with people. It was pretty entertaining stuff.

izzy izkowitz

Chris Hansen is my hero
May 23, 2007
I always used to like his spoken word shit and his show on IFC, but lately he has been so big into the Bush bashing it seems like that is all he talks about anymore. We get it Henry, you hate GW. next topic.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Aug 20, 2004
Rollins has a very unique take on the world, and is very intelligent in his expression of it. I've been a fan for a long time.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
He's always been good every time I've seen him.
Completely missed that he was going to be around here today. Crud.

kimothee

Token Gimpy Cunt
Aug 31, 2004
The Edge of the Water, Norf Jersey
I didn't know he was going to be in the area either, otherwise I would have gone! I've watched some of his spoken word DVD shows - a couple were really intense, others hilarious. Hopefully will catch him the next time around. A friend of mine saw him and said he was awesome.

Digital_Trauma

"man of leisure". . . aaaand repeat
May 2, 2005
Lexington, KY
I've been a big fan on his spoken word shows since most of you were minus four years old.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
I didn't know he was going to be in the area either, otherwise I would have gone! I've watched some of his spoken word DVD shows - a couple were really intense, others hilarious. Hopefully will catch him the next time around. A friend of mine saw him and said he was awesome.
It can go back and forth sometimes from being hysterically funny to completely serious. That's the only thing keeping it from being Hank's Comedy Tour pretty much. He's even kind of been taking some of the pacing of his 'act' from Eddie Izzard.