Hey XM Engineers... Signal Issues Again?

Bralio

Waddle-doodle
Apr 13, 2005
FL - Mule of the US
Last three or four days have been just shit signal reception - every single cloud/bridge/garage/bird/gnat and anything else that happens to get between my beloved car roof and XM bird causes it to drop.

I've talked to other XMers in the area (west-central Florida) and I'm not alone, so figgered I'd bitch a little. (BTW: type "figgered" in a Firefox window, and right-click it to spell-check it... *ding ding ding*)

Just fix it for god's sake...

:mad4:

belmont

and then what happened
Dec 8, 2004
AZ
i've noticed it too

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
yeah, thought maybe had a pinched antenna wire
or something in my car

Jame_gumb

a.k.a "jeremy" from cleveland
Jun 11, 2007
Cleveland,Ohio
what about my inno not staying on record when i hit it??? been happening for a few days now.. it keeps stopping the record

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
haven't noticed any inno recording problem
i record 6 to 2:30 at home
and last half hour of r&f in the car
maybe if you lose the signal the recording stops?

NoFilterPaul

British & I don't give a fuck!
Mar 15, 2005
New Jersey
I've noticed it a bit last night and this morning, and i'm in central jersey

mightymalachi

Be afraid...be very afraid.
Feb 9, 2006
Definitely not Florida
Ive noticed it in Lakeland. It's been a weak signal. It hasn't really come back fully since the "upgraded" a few weeks back.

Jame_gumb

Jun 11, 2007
Cleveland,Ohio
haven't noticed any inno recording problem
i record 6 to 2:30 at home
and last half hour of r&f in the car
maybe if you lose the signal the recording stops?
no i havent taken it from its home dock not really sure what it is... i have o&a on record from 6am 11:30am but it hasnt recorded and if i hit the button it stops

MelissaY1

Resident Star Fucker
Nov 28, 2005
NY
I haven't had any issues by me but if there are signal issues, the Inno does indeed stop recording on it's own. I was doing so en route to work on the train the other day and there's one area where the signal is always kind of shoddy (lot of trees, etc.) and it stopped recording for a bit.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
No issues here in NC. I've had no signal issues, though I haven't had my Inno off the dock to really see if something's amiss.

Maybe XM is adopting Sirius extensive repeater network? ;)

Jame_gumb

Jun 11, 2007
Cleveland,Ohio
Maybe XM is adopting Sirius extensive repeater network? ;)[/QUOTE]well i guess it time to flush and call my mom if thats the case

R

ratcity10

I have issues. Signal issues that is...mid Nassau county to mid Suffolk county LI.

nataskaos

He's no good to me dead.
Jul 7, 2006
BFE
getting signal loss here in indiana too.
when I change the channel, it craps out sometimes and has to reload.

May 15, 2007
No issues here in NC. I've had no signal issues, though I haven't had my Inno off the dock to really see if something's amiss.
Why do you keep your Inno on a dock? Do you fish a lot?

niklbag

Hooked on chronic worked for me!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
Jersey
Last three or four days have been just shit signal reception - every single cloud/bridge/garage/bird/gnat and anything else that happens to get between my beloved car roof and XM bird causes it to drop.

I've talked to other XMers in the area (west-central Florida) and I'm not alone, so figgered I'd bitch a little. (BTW: type "figgered" in a Firefox window, and right-click it to spell-check it... *ding ding ding*)

Just fix it for god's sake...

:mad4:
my regular radio is getting better reception then XM lately. seems like even tree leaves are blocking the signal.

S

Snkypete

Didn't have any signal yesterday morning on the way to work, spotty onm the way home and both to/from work today.

decoupage_douche

Bitch should put a river rock under her clit hood
May 14, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
I'm up in Tallahassee and I've been having the same damn problems with recording on my Inno! Lately it wont even start on a pre-set recording time and I wake up to no fucking show!! I'm sick of piece of shit XM equipment....:arrrh:

Taintkisser

has anyone seen my NAZI Helmet?
Feb 15, 2006
Dix Hills
I have issues. Signal issues that is...mid Nassau county to mid Suffolk county LI.
the damned signal sucks raw monkey cock out here on the island. EVERY GODDAM TREE, building, or cloud breaks up the signal...I have bought like 3 new antenna and I get the same thing.

mattiew23m

Nice Head Deek
Feb 17, 2006
Secaucus, NJ
been having problems here lately.. I just think there is a lot of shit going on at xm, and i don't like it. First we hear that the studio is not even being worked on, then we hear the feed get cut from the boys, along with numerous other problems, no some of us are getting signal problems... WTF XM???