High Velocity Bowling [PS3]

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Downloaded this off the PSN Store over the weekend for $10 bucks and was pleasantly surprised. There are obvious similarities to the bowling game in Wii Sports, but HVB goes a little further by adding a little of the Hot Shots Golf formula and adds in unlockable characters, outfits and game modes. The bowlers you control all have their own stats, letter graded on their Spin, Speed and Accuracy.

The game itself is pretty simple: you tilt the Sixaxis to position your bowler on the floor, then tilt the Sixaxis again to adjust your aim, then try to time your throw and velocity by swinging the controller back and forward to release the ball as your bowler slowly walks towards the foul line. To add spin to the ball you hold down either the L2 or R2 buttons as you swing the Sixaxis. It's simple to play, but difficult to consistently throw strike after strike.

As of now there is no online multiplayer, but the rumor goes that it will be unlocked once Home is up and running. Also good news that this game will play custom soundtracks off the hard drive -- just hit the select button to go to the XMB to sort your tracks.

For $10 bucks, this is a no brainer purchase.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
I'm going to get it, and I'll have to tell Aero to DL it now since he has a PS3. That's right Bogey, you convinced him to get one. Good Man Good Man

Aero 1

Mar 18, 2005
Clifton, NJ
I'm going to get it, and I'll have to tell Aero to DL it now since he has a PS3. That's right Bogey, you convinced him to get one. Good Man Good Man
not getting that shit, i have a Wii, and nothing beats wii bowling.

please, that retard didn't convince me to get shit. i got it because of movies. now that i have all 3 of them, i can still tell you that the ps3 sucks. Ratchet is just another button smasher with disney type video. this is what you guys thought was great? thank god it was free. the only thing right now that i might consider to get is time crisis for it once the price goes down and those retards decide to sell the gun separately.

besides, you are a cunt.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
not getting that shit, i have a Wii, and nothing beats wii bowling.

please, that retard didn't convince me to get shit. i got it because of movies. now that i have all 3 of them, i can still tell you that the ps3 sucks. Ratchet is just another button smasher with disney type video. this is what you guys thought was great? thank god it was free. the only thing right now that i might consider to get is time crisis for it once the price goes down and those retards decide to sell the gun separately.

besides, you are a cunt.
you're so full of shit you stink. you love your PS3, you keep telling me you hope Bogey adds you soon. And I'm going to dl this bowling game asap.

and Aero's PSN name is AeroR1 for those of you who want to commend him on his purchase