High Voltage Wiring Help Needed

Stig

The Star of Wackbag. Without me, you have nothing.
Before you touch those live wires with bare hands, make sure you are well-grounded.

TomC

uppity neobarb
On a 3 wire the neutral and ground are tied together inside the unit. 4 wire they are seperate. Ultimately they go back to the same place in the main panel.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Just found thread, this is same I would have said. The equipment has some 120v controls and requires neutral by code when built and inspected, but ground and neutral go same place. FYI the new plug is cheap and I prefer the twist lock.
PS double 3 way switches are the work of the devil. Replace both exactly like they were wired. I can figure it out looking at them can't explain it.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
double 3 way switches are the work of the devil. Replace both exactly like they were wired. I can figure it out looking at them can't explain it.
Thanks...I'll hit the Depot for a new set this weekend. I pulled them out and they looked like they were wired up accordingly, so I am hoping it's just a bad switch or an improper one for that application. Hopefully it is as simple as swapping them with new ones.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Thanks...I'll hit the Depot for a new set this weekend. I pulled them out and they looked like they were wired up accordingly, so I am hoping it's just a bad switch or an improper one for that application. Hopefully it is as simple as swapping them with new ones.
They will never work again

mud

If you wire them up to match current wiring and it doesn't work confirm that the common screw of each switch has either the power wire or the load (wire to light) going to it. Each switch will have 1 or the other. The other 2 screws (travelers) are just connected to the same on the other switch but those 2 wires being reversed won't matter but if the common wire is switched with a traveler you will get the issue described.
3 ways are nothing. The real fun is when there is a couple 4 ways in there too and controlled from 3 or 4 switches.

THE FEZ MAN

If you wire them up to match current wiring and it doesn't work confirm that the common screw of each switch has either the power wire or the load (wire to light) going to it. Each switch will have 1 or the other. The other 2 screws (travelers) are just connected to the same on the other switch but those 2 wires being reversed won't matter but if the common wire is switched with a traveler you will get the issue described.
3 ways are nothing. The real fun is when there is a couple 4 ways in there too and controlled from 3 or 4 switches.

And it’s best to do this with the power on

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Marathon install, 4 cooks and we weren't any of them. That indian did good.

I do love this customer - vendors get to pick the plant music - the mehicans weren't digging Black Sabbath as much as we were apparently...

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Fuses the finger cut ends of PVC and PU conveyor belts so they become endless (popular in bakeries or anywhere sanitation is an issue).

Mostly its humping the 200lb+ beast around, setting it up, threading the belts through the machine, pressurizing, etc. Takes 10 minutes to 300 degrees, 5 to cook, and 10-15 to water cool back down. Then disassemble, move to the next one, repeat.

6 hours for 4 belts is pretty good. I only help when it's my customers - the rest are on their own. Nice break from sales calls.

THE FEZ MAN

Fuses the finger cut ends of PVC and PU conveyor belts so they become endless (popular in bakeries or anywhere sanitation is an issue).

Mostly its humping the 200lb+ beast around, setting it up, threading the belts through the machine, pressurizing, etc. Takes 10 minutes to 300 degrees, 5 to cook, and 10-15 to water cool back down. Then disassemble, move to the next one, repeat.

6 hours for 4 belts is pretty good. I only help when it's my customers - the rest are on their own. Nice break from sales calls.

Very interesting thank you

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Put both wires in your mouth at the same time.

maz

TRueWDTer
Marathon install, 4 cooks and we weren't any of them. That indian did good.

I do love this customer - vendors get to pick the plant music - the mehicans weren't digging Black Sabbath as much as we were apparently...

I don't see any 3-way switches on that

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Back to the 3-way switch...swapped the plugs with new ones today. I think on one switch they had the hot and common wires switched. Switching them around and the lights are working as designed. Unfortunately the electrician ran black wire for both hot and common so without some other designation it was an easy mistake to make.

Back to the 3-way switch...swapped the plugs with new ones today. I think on one switch they had the hot and common wires switched. Switching them around and the lights are working as designed. Unfortunately the electrician ran black wire for both hot and common so without some other designation it was an easy mistake to make.
The other wire was probably the "traveler" and wouldn't have been white anyway. With switches you sometimes won't find any neutral or ground wires in the box that contains a switch. This is a pain in the ass when you want to add a z-wave or radio based switch that needs a neutral to keep it powered.

THE FEZ MAN

You survived? oh well