it's a funny name
Mar 7, 2005
North Beach, MD
Man Takes Hostages At Clinton Campaign Office
Witnesses Say Man Has Bomb-Like Device Strapped To Chest
http://www.wmur.com/news/14737868/detail.html
POSTED: 1:14 pm EST November 30, 2007
UPDATED: 2:08 pm EST November 30, 2007
ROCHESTER, N.H. -- An armed man has taken two campaign workers hostage at the Hillary Clinton campaign office in Rochester, police said.

LIVE VIDEO: Watch Continuing Coverage

Officials with the campaign confirmed that there were two workers taken hostage in the office on 28 North Main St.. A woman and her baby told workers at a neighboring business that she was released by the hostage-taker.

"A young woman with a 6-month or 8-month-old infant came rushing into the store just in tears, and she said, 'You need to call 911. A man has just walked into the Clinton office, opened his coat and showed us a bomb strapped to his chest with duct tape,'" witness Lettie Tzizik said.

There are several police officers positioned across the street from the office, crouched down behind cruisers with guns drawn, according to a reported at the scene.

"I walked out and I immediately started running, and I saw that the road was blocked off. They told me run and keep going," said Cassandra Hamilton, who works in an office adjacent to the building.

Nearby businesses have been evacuated, and the St. Elizabeth Seaton School has been locked down.

"There are sharp shooters on the roof, and police are negotiating with someone in the building," said another witness, who did not want to be identified. "The police are notifying all the business owners on the street to evacuate. There are fire trucks behind the Hillary Clinton office."

Clinton, who is not in New Hampshire, is attending a National Democratic Committee meeting in Virginia. Presidential candidate Barack Obama also has an office in Rochester, and it has been evacuated. There were no reports of any injuries.

Refresh this page for updates

Copyright 2007 by WMUR. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Did two workers bring the same dish for Fried Foods Friday? (They are women afterall.)

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
If it turns out that Hilary orchestrated it, I will get some sort of respect for her, unless it's done really sloppy and obvious.

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
What a dumbass. Why the fuck did he do it when Hillary isn't even there?

K

Kandi Kobain

Can you imagine if he had strapped that bomb under her desk? The shrapnel from her fat kankles would have made that room like a slaughterhouse.
:::pS this is my very first post. I think that was pretty good for my first try. I will try even harder on my future posts so thank you for allowing me to join wackbag. hugs and kisses.... Kandi Kobain

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
you guys sure it's not just someone who's trying to sell her half a million brake pads?

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
We should have more bomb control, if it saves just one child's life, it's worth it.

Jan 6, 2006
That's pretty crazy.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Snuke!

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
Dec 12, 2001
NY
the only thing that could be better is if it's actually Bill begging her to drop out of the race
Actually, it would have been better if the guy had a bomb instead of road flairs.

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
Jan 26, 2006
Brooklyn, New York
What a dumbass. Why the fuck did he do it when Hillary isn't even there?
Because he wouldn't have been able to even enter the building. Hillary recieves protection from the Secret Service from Bill and she is a presidential candidate.
When I met Bill a few months ago I remember his Secret Service guards. These guys you were afraid to even look the wrong way in the vicinity of them.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
"IT'S ALL A GIANT CONSPIRACY!!! SEE, IT CAN'T BE A SINGLE HOSTAGE TAKER, THEY'VE BEEN TELLING US TWO NAMES!!!!!!"

-- 9/11 Conspiracy Douchebags.

Arch Stanton

It's all about the funny!
Nov 22, 2004
Long Island
Attention whores....school is open. This little thing is getting the full media blitz.

I await the copy cats.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
"IT'S ALL A GIANT CONSPIRACY!!! SEE, IT CAN'T BE A SINGLE HOSTAGE TAKER, THEY'VE BEEN TELLING US TWO NAMES!!!!!!"

-- 9/11 Conspiracy Douchebags.
I'm not saying anything happened, I just want a new investigation.

Cunts.

Cybouncer

Not Fat, Big Boned!
Feb 26, 2006
Long Island, NY
That's my hometown. Born & raised.

It's full of fucking lunatics, I'm so not surprised.

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
Shame she wasn't there. Although then she would have gotten pity votes so I guess it's good she wasn't.

ginaf20697

Jul 26, 2005
NH
Look who brought back the Hitler mustache!

Accused hostage taker: 'I wish I would've died'

By BEVERLEY WANG
The Associated Press
16 hours, 56 minutes ago

DOVER – The man accused of using a fake bomb to take hostages at a Hillary Rodham Clinton campaign office said in a jailhouse interview he wishes police had killed him during the standoff.

Leeland Eisenberg, 46, is being held on $500,000 bail, and a judge has ordered him to undergo a psychiatric evaluation.

"I wish I would've died, I really do. I regret the fact that I didn't because now my suffering continues," Eisenberg said in an interview Tuesday with The Associated Press.

Eisenberg is accused of taking six hostages at Clinton's storefront campaign office in Rochester on Friday, showing them road flares strapped to his body and claiming they were explosives. A mother and an infant were released quickly, the others later. Eisenberg's family and lawyer have said his actions were a desperate plea for help after he repeatedly sought mental health treatment and was rejected.

His plan was a suicide plot inspired by movies and voices in his head, Eisenberg said.

"I'd see things on TV and the voice would say, 'That's it. That's how you need to do it,'" said Eisenberg, who said he has bipolar disorder. "I remember a scene from a movie where a person had a bomb strapped to them and as soon as they came to the door the police blew them away."

He said he purposely wrapped the flares around his waist to give police a clear shot at his torso. But when the last hostage was released and Eisenberg walked out of the office after 5 1/2 hours, police arrested him without firing a shot.

In the more than 40-minute interview in a jail conference room, Eisenberg was articulate, speaking evenly and clearly. No guards were present, and he was not shackled or handcuffed.

Eisenberg said he was unemployed and uninsured, having recently lost his job at a local car dealership. In the days leading to the hostage taking, he said he was drinking heavily and trying desperately to get mental health treatment.

"I have regrets not so much for myself but for the four people that I traumatized, I do, I really do. There's nothing I could do to make amends for them. Saying sorry is just trivial," he said.

His temper flared however, when he was questioned hard about the trauma he caused the hostages and how his actions could have convinced Clinton to help him.

He answered by recounting his multiple failed efforts to get help.

"How do you think that traumatized me? Let me flip the script on you for a minute," he said. "I'm not a criminal. I'm sick in my mind."

Prosecutors have said Eisenberg has a long criminal record, including two **** convictions. At a court hearing this week, authorities said he was sentenced to 10 years for **** in Worcester, Mass., in 1985 but apparently escaped the next year and committed another ****. He was sentenced to 11 to 20 years for that offense.