Hillary lays a turd at defense plant

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
She got to her ack ack ack lines, and nobody gave a shit. And she was deeply saddened by the terrible shooting at the university. I guess she wanted better shooting and more head shots.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/02/15/politics/fromtheroad/entry3838333.shtml

The Silence Was Deafening
Posted by Fernando Suarez

(CBS)
From CBS News' Fernando Suarez:

AKRON, OHIO -- Hillary Clinton made a stop at the Lockheed Martin plant in Akron today, but about the only thing that was hot in the room were the reactors working in the plant. Clinton received an awkwardly chilly reception at the plant, so much so that upon taking the stage the music was cut short because the crowd was just standing there watching her and no longer clapping.

Clinton started her speech by offering her “prayers” to the family members of those who lost loved ones at the shooting at University of Northern Illinois. “I was deeply saddened by the terrible shooting that occurred,” said Clinton.

Clinton then began laying out her standard stump speech and when she reached key applause lines like wanting to build up America’s manufacturing plants or offering universal health care or even building America’s national defense programs, there was nothing but silence.

In fact, Clinton’s first applause came 11 minutes into a 12 minute speech when she said she would bring troops home from Iraq. Clinton quickly wrapped up her speech following the applause.

A campaign spokesman denied that she cut her remarks short and said that Clinton met with supporters and delivered her points of her speech.

Having been to more Clinton events than I care to remember, this was by far the shortest speech and most silent reception I can recall.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
I also liked the way she finally got an applause and she ended on an up note, like George Costanza.

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
The general consensus is that unless she wins the Ohio primary, she won't win the nomination. So this is extremely good news.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I guess the defense industry isn't so happy that her husband put half of them out of work.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
The general consensus is that unless she wins the Ohio primary, she won't win the nomination. So this is extremely good news.
If you're an Obama fan, yes.

From the GOP perspective, the dream scenario would be for Hillary to win at the wire against Obama. Hillary's supporters WILL vote for Obama. A lot of Obama's supporters will melt away if he doesn't get the nomination.

Have the two of them beat each other bloody and (more) senseless, have Hillary's victory disillusion the Obama newbies (ala Gene McCarthy/George McGovern's supporters in 1968), and have all the steam come out of the DNC at that point.

Just sayin'.

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
Jan 26, 2006
Brooklyn, New York
There must have been groaning from the crowd during the part about building up national defense.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
the question i have is whether or not they would have cheered for Obama, ohio did put king george into the white house for second term....

oh and hillery is a cunt

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
Bill gave away so many government secrets for cash that the chinks can make Lockheed Martin stuff and sell it to us.

Why bother giving up the info, just as easy to give them the completed products. Want some nukes? Take as many as you can afford. Got that Chappequa library to build ya know.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
I guess the defense industry isn't so happy that her husband put half of them out of work.
didn't regan end the cold war, there fore eliminating the need for those over inflated defense budgets that basically bankrupted the country?