Hitler's Disney Sketches; Ant can fill those empty walls.

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
Apparently this gentelman claims to have found some sketches of disney characters done by Old Adolph himself...Ant could hang one of these on one of his empty walls...

The Snow White characters Bashful and Doc, which the museum director William Hakvaag
believes were drawn by Hitler, along with a sketch of Pinocchio

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/02/23/whitler123.xml&CMP=ILC-mostviewedbox
Did Adolf Hitler draw Disney characters?
Last Updated: 3:34am GMT 26/02/2008

The director of a Norwegian museum claimed yesterday to have discovered cartoons drawn by Adolf Hitler during the Second World War.

William Hakvaag, the director of a war museum in northern Norway, said he found the drawings hidden in a painting signed "A. Hitler" that he bought at an auction in Germany.

He found coloured cartoons of the characters Bashful and Doc from the 1937 Disney film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, which were signed A.H., and an unsigned sketch of Pinocchio as he appeared in the 1940 Disney film.

Hitler tried to make a living as an artist before his rise to power. While there was no independent confirmation yesterday that the drawings were the work of the Nazi leader, Hitler is known to have owned a copy of Snow White, the classic animated adaptation of a German fairy tale, and to have viewed it in his private cinema.

Mr Hakvaag, who said he had performed tests on the paintings which suggested that they dated from 1940, said: "I am 100 per cent sure that these are drawings by Hitler. If one wanted to make a forgery, one would never hide it in the back of a picture, where it might never be discovered."

The initials on the sketches, and the signature on the painting, matched other copies of Hitler's handwriting, he claimed.

"Hitler had a copy of Snow White," he said. "He thought this was one of the best movies ever made."
Discoveries of Nazi-era memorabilia have repeatedly turned out to be mistaken or the result of a hoax. However, art attributed to Hitler continues to sell at auction, even if its provenance is far from complete.

Nineteen watercolours and two sketches said to be by Hitler were sold in Britain two years ago for a total of £118,000.

The auction firm Jefferys said the seller did everything possible to authenticate the works.

The pictures of cottages and rural scenes were found in a farmhouse in Belgium and were believed to have been painted while Hitler was a young soldier in the country during the First World War.

MelissaY1

Resident Star Fucker
Nov 28, 2005
NY
As soon as Disney gets wind of these believe me they'll snatch 'em/buy 'em off the guy and probably sue the museum in the process. They're a bunch of Nazis themselves...stupid Disney...

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Wasn't it rumoured that each of the Dwarfs was based on stereotyped aspects of jews???

D

dare I say

If I remember right Walt Disney himself wasn't real fond of the jewish people

Brokeback Jimmy

Laundering your Swastikas since 1912
Jan 30, 2006
Remember kiddies, you can't spell jewelry without "JEW"

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
If I remember right Walt Disney himself wasn't real fond of the jewish people
All you have to do is find a derogatory cartoon of a Jew and compare it to the drawing of Captain Hook. The resemblance is remarkable.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Awe...those are adorable.

Makes me want to grab Addy's face, put my finger under his chin and go *scootcha scootcha*.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
I don't know. From what I've heard over the years, Disney was more anti-Negro than anti-Jew. I think you could say the same things about the Seven Dwarves being representations of all things bad about Negroes, especially that lazy, shiftless one Sleepy.

But back to the topic at hand. From the Wiki:

It has been well documented that Adolf Hitler watched this film with a roomfull of children, and was delighted by Disney's adaptation of the German fairy tale. In fact, Hitler offered Disney anything he wanted in exchange for Disney's creation of feature-length animated features in Germany. Though this is the basis for the Walt Disney as a Nazi rumors, Disney's biographer Bob Thomas proves that Disney declined Hitler's invitation, and in fact soon entered production on such anti-German projects as Der Fuhrer's Face and Victory Through Air Power.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I don't know. From what I've heard over the years, Disney was more anti-Negro than anti-Jew. I think you could say the same things about the Seven Dwarves being representations of all things bad about Negroes, especially that lazy, shiftless one Sleepy.

But back to the topic at hand. From the Wiki:
I think its a combination of both. All you have to do is look at the crows in Dumbo(btw I miss Heckyl and Jeckyl cartoons) and the fact Song of the South will probably never see the light of day.

MelissaY1

Resident Star Fucker
Nov 28, 2005
NY
I think its a combination of both. All you have to do is look at the crows in Dumbo(btw I miss Heckyl and Jeckyl cartoons) and the fact Song of the South will probably never see the light of day.
Yeah I love how everyone paints Disney as "Uncle Walt", etc. I'm not saying he wasn't a shrewd guy and accomplished amazing stuff in his career. I love a lot of the early animation and some of the characters to this day.

But if you ever read the biography Walt Disney: Hollywood's Dark Prince, there's a lot of shit that went on in that company. From the way they ran their animation studio like a sweat shop to "alleged" contacts Disney had with the mob to finance some of this stuff...

Stig

Wackbag's All-Time Greatest Heel
Jul 26, 2005
NH
As soon as Disney gets wind of these believe me they'll snatch 'em/buy 'em off the guy and probably sue the museum in the process. They're a bunch of Nazis themselves...stupid Disney...
Disney was uber pissed when Hitler called Auschwitz "The Happiest Place On Earth."

Stig

Wackbag's All-Time Greatest Heel
Jul 26, 2005
NH
Not to mention Looty, Muggy and Rapey.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
I saw a digital copy of that floating around some of the file-sharing sites. ;)