HitW July* Schedule

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
*and end of January

There are four common complaints I see whenever we schedule a HitW:

1. Not enough notice, both so people can acquire the movie and make themselves available
  2. Start time is too late for a weeknight
  3. Some people can’t make Wednesday’s, which is @LiddyRules ’ best day. Most notably @Bill Lehecka @crippledalbino and @ruckstande
  4. We never do anything on a weekend
Your pal Piggy is going to try to change a few of these things.

Following is the schedule for the next several weeks:

Wednesday, January 24th at 9pm EST - The Boss Baby, our first animated HitW! Available on Netflix

Tuesday, January 30st at 8pm EST - Bright! Available on Netflix

Wednesday, February 7th at 9pm EST - Amazon Prime Wheel of Doom! Movie will be chosen a day or two before event,

Tuesday, February 13th at 8pm EST - King Arthur - Legend of the Sword! Available on HBOGO

Wednesday, February 28th at 9pm EST - The Lost World (1992) Available on Amazon Prime.

I should have the exact Friday or Saturday date sometime this week, and that movie will be...WARCRAFT! Available on HBO Go!

So there you go. I look forward to seeing how much you people can complain about this...

Pigdango

Donator
Please note all of the Wednesday choices are short, so even with the 9pm start time we will still be done early.

Pigdango

Donator
Maybe I should tag everyone to make sure they see this...

Wednesday, January 24th at 9pm EST - The Boss Baby, our first animated HitW! Available on Netflix

Wednesday, February 7th at 9pm EST - Amazon Prime Wheel of Doom! Movie will be chosen a day or two before event,

Tuesday, February 13th at 8pm EST - King Arthur - Legend of the Sword! Available on HBOGO

Wednesday, February 28th at 9pm EST - The Lost World (1992) Available on Amazon Prime.

Aside from The Boss Baby because that's this week, if anyone wants to suggest any changes to the movie selections, have at it. I limited my choices to Prime, Netflix, and HBOGo, but with more notice, there's probably less need to do that. I'd ask that you only make suggested changes if you're planning on participating on that date.

@Neon
@Neckbeard
@Bill Lehecka
@HandPanzer
@whiskeyguy

Pigdango

Donator

Aside from The Boss Baby because that's this week, if anyone wants to suggest any changes to the movie selections, have at it. I limited my choices to Prime, Netflix, and HBOGo, but with more notice, there's probably less need to do that. I'd ask that you only make suggested changes if you're planning on participating on that date.

@crippledalbino
@Hog's Big Ben
@Discoman
@DrewDown
@mascan42

Pigdango

Donator

Tuesday, January 31st at 8pm EST - Bright! Available on Netflix

@DerFuhrerScooby
@JoeyDVDZ
@ysr50
@Ballbuster1
@SOS

Pigdango

Donator

@mikeybot
@Steve McQueen
@Mikefrombx
@Absolutely
@DR. Jimcy M.E.

LiddyRules

RIP King of France. Gutted Like Fish Under R Line

@DerFuhrerScooby
@JoeyDVDZ
@ysr50
@Ballbuster1
@SOS
I approve everything other than the titles and the dates.

Pigdango

Donator

@Falldog
@lajikal
@TomC
@WhiteHonkyDevil
@ruckstande

Pigdango

Donator

@Lord Zero
@GrammatonCleric
@Creasy Bear
@Chip Spackler
@Medicine Man

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
Maybe I should tag everyone to make sure they see this...
Good idea. I watch this forum but wackbag has been a bit wonky for me lately, so this is the first time I'm seeing this. Barring anything unexpected, I should be in for most of them.

Pigdango

Donator

@MayrMeninoCrash
@MT_Jonny
@frankjg
@AlanSmithee - I would have scheduled Eraser if I thought you'd be around? So if you're going to be around, let us know...
@MrAbovePar

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator

Tuesday, January 31st at 8pm EST - Bright! Available on Netflix

@crippledalbino
@Hog's Big Ben
@Discoman
@DrewDown
@mascan42
Cool. Will try to hit the Tuesday ones. By the way, next Tuesday is the 30th, not 31st.

LiddyRules

Cool. Will try to hit the Tuesday ones. By the way, next Tuesday is the 30th, not 31st.
I'm fine shifting Bright to Tuesday. I might hover but I can't foresee myself sitting through it again.

Pigdango

Donator
next Tuesday is the 30th, not 31st.
God dammit! @SOS can you do some repair work? Bright is on Tuesday the 30th!

I'm fine shifting Bright to Tuesday. I might hover but I can't foresee myself sitting through it again.
I would like to watch it but can't see myself doing it in a non HitW setting. Since Tuesdays are spotty for you I figured they would be a good day to do movies that you said were stinky but didn't vouch for. I was glad to see Assassin's Creed is no longer on HBO though. I've read enough about it to know that it's probably too much of a slog to do as a HitW.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
I was glad to see Assassin's Creed is no longer on HBO though. I've read enough about it to know that it's probably too much of a slog to do as a HitW.
Bright has a much better chance of working than AC imo.

LiddyRules

Bright has a much better chance of working than AC imo.
At least Bright is stupid and you can make fun of how Ayers thought he was doing something deep. The biggest problem is that when it drags, it drags. A lot and often. But it takes a good 45 minutes, hour before you start groaning that it's still going on.

They approached AC with more gravity than MacBeth. And that's why you check out in the first 15 minutes.

DrewDown

All are welcome
I'm tentatively in for Bright next Tuesday. Quick question, though. When I visit Wackbag on my computer these days, I get a hostile website warning about coin mining or some such. Makes me reluctant to visit the site. What gives? I feel like there was some discussion of this before the holidays, but I didn't really follow the thread.
Anyone? Anyone?

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
I'm tentatively in for Bright next Tuesday. Quick question, though. When I visit Wackbag on my computer these days, I get a hostile website warning about coin mining or some such. Makes me reluctant to visit the site. What gives? I feel like there was some discussion of this before the holidays, but I didn't really follow the thread.
Anyone? Anyone?
Zag set up some voluntary cryptocurrency mining thing and it hits everyone's virus software.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
Anyone? Anyone?
What browser are you using?