• Bohemian Rhapsody

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ammy Prime Wheel of Doom

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Fuck It All, Drop Both Films, Do Entirety of Goliath Season 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Queen_Bona

If he has a gardener than how come the lawn looked like such shit that Moose even commented on how shit i looked?
Gardener seemed to be afraid of water or something. He could not cut grass in the rain.

Queen_Bona

I have fonder feelings towards it than Fantastic Beasts.
FB was confusing and weird. This movie didn't at least have a bunch of pointless plots and didn't take 30 minutes' worth of pointless introduction.

LiddyRules

RIP King of France. Gutted Like Fish Under R Line
WTF Half in the Bag???
They were a lot kinder to the movie then I thought they'd be but I kind of understand some of their point of view. (Other than saying the film looked fine, it was dark af.) I think they were more annoyed seeing this built up as the next new worst movie, which it isn't, but by moving off of the "OMG SO BAD" they were able to delve into the more 'arcane' (i.e. not Travolta) aspects of the movie that made it terrible. So their thesis was wrong, but the accompanying analysis was mostly same page.

Though as for the next new worst movie, I do think Nine Lives could take that banner. That movie was fucked up. I can't find the HitW thread for it.

LiddyRules

Here are questions from then the board was down:

Why do they have so many weird paintings on their bedroom wall?

Did Sonnenfeld not know how to teach actors to use CGI?

How long has he been in a coma for? It's less than a week and they're already having a building opening?

Why is he on the cover of Wired? What exactly does he do?

Why is the cat on the bus/why is that guy just sitting there completely calm about it?

What's with the Peppermint colored tie?

So are those actually cats or were they people transformed into cats and kidnapped back by Walken?

Suicide? Suicide on a comically long elevator? What is wrong with this movie?

You're telling me that none of the reporters noticed a henchman grabbing a cat with a plastic bag?

You're telling me that those plastic bags contained nothing in them?

They were a lot kinder to the movie then I thought they'd be but I kind of understand some of their point of view. (Other than saying the film looked fine, it was dark af.) I think they were more annoyed seeing this built up as the next new worst movie, which it isn't, but by moving off of the "OMG SO BAD" they were able to delve into the more 'arcane' (i.e. not Travolta) aspects of the movie that made it terrible. So their thesis was wrong, but the accompanying analysis was mostly same page.

Though as for the next new worst movie, I do think Nine Lives could take that banner. That movie was fucked up. I can't find the HitW thread for it.

I love that Jay said that during the final confrontation he was saying "what am I supposed to be feeling here?" because I said that exact thing too:

I'm deeply unsettled by this because I have no idea what emotional impact they're going for.

LiddyRules

I love that Jay said that during the final confrontation he was saying "what am I supposed to be feeling here?" because I said that exact thing too:
They said a lot of the things we said. I think Mike brought up how Dunbar should have been more fan friendly at the start, which is something I commented on. I liked the "he gets to the police station, gets his lawyer, then explains everything" 'after the credits' ending they gave. I didn't infer Moose's street character becoming a pirate based on the picture but that fits.

I think the end comment is right. It's worth watching to see where it went wrong. Because I don't regret watching it and I wasn't bored like with a lot of modern HitWs. But it certainly seems like a film school script with film school production values.

They said a lot of the things we said. I think Mike brought up how Dunbar should have been more fan friendly at the start, which is something I commented on. I liked the "he gets to the police station, gets his lawyer, then explains everything" 'after the credits' ending they gave. I didn't infer Moose's street character becoming a pirate based on the picture but that fits.

I think the end comment is right. It's worth watching to see where it went wrong. Because I don't regret watching it and I wasn't bored like with a lot of modern HitWs. But it certainly seems like a film school script with film school production values.
It was not laughably bad. It was utterly baffling. It was like Branded, but Branded was baffling for totally different reasons, and that movie was also not poorly made. It's not Neil Breen. It's just a movie that had no idea what it was trying to be, which resulted in some complete WTF moments. Anything less over-the-top from Travolta and you'd fall asleep during this.

LiddyRules

It was not laughably bad. It was utterly baffling. It was like Branded, but Branded was baffling for totally different reasons, and that movie was also not poorly made. It's not Neil Breen. It's just a movie that had no idea what it was trying to be, which resulted in some complete WTF moments. Anything less over-the-top from Travolta and you'd fall asleep during this.
I think Travolta threw off the balance but this movie would be nothing without him.

Because if Moose was a kinder, probably younger, simpleton who misread Hunter and his relationship, then a lot of the rest of the movie makes more sense. But since he's an elderly man who looks like he's spent his life in and out of institutions, it's hard to feel sympathetic towards him since you can imagine him accidentally snapping the neck of rabbits.

But without Travolta's honestly compelling performance, what else would this movie have going for it? It doesn't take a satirical or hard-edged look fandom and obsession, which I think you could do something with. Especially because Hunter was a shitty horror star and how insane and entitled the sci-fi/horror community has gotten over the past few years.

LiddyRules

I'm good Tuesday Wednesday Thursday next week.

Wait, I'm going to see Jay and Silent Bob 2 next Thursday.
I've naught planned for this week so you decide and I'll probably be able to make it.

I think Travolta threw off the balance but this movie would be nothing without him.

Because if Moose was a kinder, probably younger, simpleton who misread Hunter and his relationship, then a lot of the rest of the movie makes more sense. But since he's an elderly man who looks like he's spent his life in and out of institutions, it's hard to feel sympathetic towards him since you can imagine him accidentally snapping the neck of rabbits.

But without Travolta's honestly compelling performance, what else would this movie have going for it? It doesn't take a satirical or hard-edged look fandom and obsession, which I think you could do something with. Especially because Hunter was a shitty horror star and how insane and entitled the sci-fi/horror community has gotten over the past few years.
By the way they liked Us?? That's way more shocking than their reaction to this movie.