OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Hobby Lobby standing up against Obamacare tyranny, refusing to follow court orders

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by KRSOne, Jan 9, 2013.

1. KRSOne

KRSOne Registered User

Hobby Lobby Fights The Good Fight Against Obamacare Tyranny

Good for them, its their company they shouldn't have to provide anything they don't want to, if people don't like it they can quit.

2. Yesterdays Hero

Yesterdays Hero She's better than you, Smirkalicious.

So now, your latest thing is to quote a big ass story, and dump a 1 sentence plop at the end. That about right?

The fuck happened to you. You lost your passion for being a human version of chicken little.

3. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

Plan B is not an "abortion pill." Hayseeds.

twatyousay, BIV and Mags like this.
  4. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

Yes it is because Jesus

twatyousay and Wrecktum like this.
  5. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

You're right, because scientifically speaking, that thing with arms and legs and a brain and heartbeat is just a clump of cells. SCIENCE!!!

(Yes, I know that doesn't apply in this case, but still - "because Jesus" is about as generalizing and wrong as what I said)

6. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

Obama: Hobby Lobby can Slobby my Nobby.

7. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Why bother? Violating the First Amendment rights of Christians is fine with these assholes.

8. BIV

I don't know what that has to do with the price of young boys in the Vatican. This is not a 1st issue. As much as I hate Obamacare, denying basic medical needs based on their fantasies is bullshit.

twatyousay likes this.
  9. Creasy Bear

Creasy Bear gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
    Donator

It's still real to them, dammit!

Mags likes this.
  10. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Always forget that free practice clause, don't ya? They have every right to their "delusions", just like you have every right to yours. Someone else paying for your Plan B pill isn't "basic medical needs".

11. BIV

Then they should take their delusions to a field that doesn't effect other people.

In my religion I believe all medical practices are okay...except blood transfusions. But I still have the right to be a paramedic because of that free practice clause, right?

Your right to free practice ends when you start denying basic care. You don't want to give out morning after pills? Become a fucking banker. It's basic medical care, shitdicks.

Not to mention these ignorant fucks can't seem to wrap their head around the fact that the morning after pill is not an abortion.

twatyousay and Party Rooster like this.
  12. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

A store that sells scrapbooking supplies is in the medical business? You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

13. BIV

They got themselves into the medical business.

twatyousay and DanaReevesLungs like this.
  14. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

It's not their main business. If the employee wants a Plan B pill, all she needs to do is go elsewhere. This idea of forcing people to do something just because you disagree with their religious beliefs is dangerous.

15. BIV

Letting people who have religious beliefs that forbid medical practices be in charge of medical decisions is more dangerous.

twatyousay, Falldog and Psychopath like this.
  16. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Again, you're not getting the point. No one is forcing these people to go to this clinic. It's not the same as calling the paramedic. It's a benefit provided by an employer.

Your employer gives you benefits. They choose those benefits based on various criteria. Cost, how desirable the benefit would be to employees, does the benefit fit their business model or ethics, etc. If your benefits don't include a company car, should they be forced to give you one? You sure could have used a free car recently. No, you went and got one on your own.

Plan B pills are the same thing. They're readily available, cheap, AND THEY'RE NOT BASIC CARE. Just go to fucking Wal-Mart and buy the damn thing. Stop demanding that someone else take responsibility for your fuck ups. (Not yours, obviously. The slut demanding free pills. If there even is one.)

You can't just support erosion of rights when the victims are someone you disagree with on religious matters. Once you do that, you open yourself up for even worse treatment. And there are a hell of a lot more of them than there are of you.

17. KRSOne

KRSOne Registered User

I don't care if its vitamin C, government should stay out of our lives. If someone got into the white house and said no more abortion pills, you would all cry and run to the 1st for protection.

18. Creasy Bear

Donator

Wha? The right to free government abortion cheese pills is protected by the 1st Amendment?

I'd run to that argument? Would I? Would I really?

19. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

That's exactly what's going on here, except the government isn't paying. They're just forcing a private party to pay.

20. Creasy Bear

Donator

Don is right here... it's not about forbidding anything... it's about making somebody(an employer) pay for it. If any sort of procedure or medication is even the least bit controversial to the because jeebusers or the tinfoil hatters... fuck it... don't mandate it. It's always ever piddling bullshit that's not even worth the hassle of trying to talk sense into the senseless.

Like Don said... just go to White Trash Mart and buy a year's supply of Burden-B-Gone for like 8 bucks. Problem solved.

21. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Hell, just ask the baby daddy to pony up the money. He should be happy to avoid 18 years of child support. Anything to avoid forcing employers to do even more than they already are being forced to.

Enough of the free shit mentality.

22. Creasy Bear

Donator

Yes... I understand that. I'm curious as to how a body would go about justifying the right to employer-subsidized abortion pills using a 1st Amendment argument. How the fuck would that even work? Flushing a blood clot falls under free speech how?

23. Creasy Bear

Donator

Shit... Planned Parenthood(God bless 'em) throws them around like jelly beans. You don't even need D' Shawn Smoochie-Wallace to pay for it.

24. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

They don't give a fuck about the First Amendment. Especially the free practice clause. If this employer gets off the hook, it sets up a lot more companies to challenge the mandate.

It has nothing to do with free speech. It's free practice. You know, the part that protects your right to be a heathen.

25. Pigdango

Pigdango Silence, you mortal Fuck!
    Donator

As soon as they offer a health care benefit, yes - they are in the medical business. Their only legal option might be to drop coverage for all employees, which is of course what Obama really wants.