Hollywood star Rob Schneider turns Republican, citing Democratic ‘disaster’

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Hollywood star Rob Schneider turns Republican, citing Democratic ‘disaster’
Hollywood television and movie comedy star Rob Schneider, 50, said he’s been a lifelong Democrat but can’t take it any longer. He’s moved into the GOP camp and announced a switch to the Republican Party.

“The state of California is a mess, and the super majority of Democrats is not working. I’ve been a lifelong Democrat and I have to switch over because it no longer serves the people of this great state,” said Mr. Schneider, as The Blaze reported. “The last time I made a movie was seven years ago and that’s because we’re not being competitive.”

Mr. Schneider, known for his “Saturday Night Live” rendition of Rich, the copy repair guy, as well as several movie appearances in the likes of “Deuce Bigalow, Male Gigolo” and other Adam Sandler productions, also said overregulation is killing his vitamin business.

He’s fled the state to avoid the hefty California regulations, he said in The Blaze report.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/1/hollywood-star-turns-republican-citing-democratic-/#ixzz2gbd75gyH
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
Star? You can have him back.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
one down, the rest of hollywood to go

he will have a career as long as Adam Sandler keeps making movies

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
Jul 16, 2005
Texas
At least we have Kid Rock and Marshall Mathers. Both Republicans. They are from Detroit, ya think they might have their reasons?

Graveyard

Jul 28, 2012
Too bad he's still Rob Schneider.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
At least he is actually using his brain. Unusual among celebs.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Obligatory.

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
"Star" is a bit much no?

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I look forward to seeing the new alternate ending for The Chosen One, where he shoots the fucking hawk and then clear-cuts the forest around the tribe's mountain, so he can build the world's largest Wal-Mart there.

/HitW callback.

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
I look forward to seeing the new alternate ending for The Chosen One, where he shoots the fucking hawk and then clear-cuts the forest around the tribe's mountain, so he can build the world's largest Wal-Mart there.

/HitW callback.
I feel like there should be some smallpox laden blankets in there too...

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
There's a fairly good number of late 80's - early 90's SNL alums who seem to go the route of the middle-right. Jon Lovitz, Adam Sandler, Dana Carvey, Dennis Miller, Victoria Jackson...now Rob Schneider. And I know of, at least 3 (Miller, Lovitz, Schneider) who were big time liberals and saw the light.

That, or they were always silent about their center-right beliefs and tried to come off as liberal in order to appease the very liberal network execs and producers...to advance their career. And when their career is pretty much going nowhere, eh, might as well come out with your true beliefs. Maybe Bruckheimer will notice and put you in one of his movies.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
There's a fairly good number of late 80's - early 90's SNL alums who seem to go the route of the middle-right. Victoria Jackson
Victoria Jackson is a far-right Christian asshole.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
There's a fairly good number of late 80's - early 90's SNL alums who seem to go the route of the middle-right. Jon Lovitz, Adam Sandler, Dana Carvey, Dennis Miller, Victoria Jackson...now Rob Schneider. And I know of, at least 3 (Miller, Lovitz, Schneider) who were big time liberals and saw the light.

That, or they were always silent about their center-right beliefs and tried to come off as liberal in order to appease the very liberal network execs and producers...to advance their career. And when their career is pretty much going nowhere, eh, might as well come out with your true beliefs. Maybe Bruckheimer will notice and put you in one of his movies.
If you had to listen to Al Franken hopped up on coke going on about how great Liberalism is, you'd either go crazy or go conservative. Victoria Jackson did both.

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
I think this is what it is. You hear guys like Robert Davi and Jon Voight say there are plenty of A list actors that just keep their mouths shut about politics that are right leaning.

Wasn't Phil Harman also?

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
I think this is what it is. You hear guys like Robert Davi and Jon Voight say there are plenty of A list actors that just keep their mouths shut about politics that are right leaning.
I wonder who some of them are..... Robert Downey Jr. (though he's stated as much), David Spade (donated money to the Phoenix police), Denzel Washington doesn't seem too political (which may be a tell...but his skin may also be saying differently), Mel Gibson (one needs only to listen to his tapes...), Bruce Willis (I think he's stated it as well), Joe Pesci, Mickey Rourke, Kevin James, James Woods....

I don't really mind actors that are democratic either, I only hate the actors that try to preach at people (left or right).

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
I wonder who some of them are..... Robert Downey Jr. (though he's stated as much), David Spade (donated money to the Phoenix police), Denzel Washington doesn't seem too political (which may be a tell...but his skin may also be saying differently), Mel Gibson (one needs only to listen to his tapes...), Bruce Willis (I think he's stated it as well), Joe Pesci, Mickey Rourke, Kevin James, James Woods....

I don't really mind actors that are democratic either, I only hate the actors that try to preach at people (left or right).
I just gave up on giving a shit what any of the actors/musicians personal opinions are. Like RATM, love the music but I don't even want to hear any of them being interviewed. Plenty of the great actors are further left than even Obama or Pelosi but thankfully it does not come across in their performance.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
show_reference said:
Wasn't Phil Harman also?
I've heard that also...though I'm not sure. I forgot Norm MacDonald, and Martin Short supports the Canadian conservatives.

Gary Sinise is a fairly big name that continues to get work. Kelsey Grammar would never have gotten the Frasier spinoff had he been as openly conservative as he is now. NBC would never have it.

Then there's the game show hosts which are all predominantly conservative...Pat Sajak, Chuck Woolery, Alex Trebek, Drew Carey, John O'Hurley...

Also, no shortage of the attractive conservative women...Jessica Simpson, Leeann Tweeden, Heather Locklear, Laura Prepon, Heidi Montag, Jessica Simpson, Hillary Duff, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Angie Harmon, Kathy Ireland, Kelly Clarkson (Ron Paul nut), Patricia Heaton...

Then, fuck, even the Godfather of Gangsta Rap, the late Eazy-E was a big Republican. And LL Cool J and 50 Cent have also had some leaning to the right...though I think they're back under their political disguise over fear of getting "Stacey Dashed".

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Drew is a libertarian. So are Kane from the WWE and Kurt Loder from MTV. Also, Adam Baldwin (Jayne from Firefly) is a conservative-leaning libertarian.

Last edited:

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
Rob Schneider still exists?

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
“The last time I made a movie was seven years ago and that’s because we’re not being competitive.”
Everyone else makes movies all the time. If Rob Schneider can't get a movie made anymore, maybe it's not because of the economy.