Holy Shit, $76 million opening for I Am Legend

umo

Jan 27, 2005
I cannot begin to comprehend how this movie did so spectacular. Will Smith is the only person on the screen for about 75% of the film. How can just one man carry a whole gottdam blockbuster movie? Dont be surprised if I Am Legend shatters all box office records and establishes Will Smith as the biggest box office attraction alive, dead, or yet to be born.

Snake2k9

C'mon Sonnen.
Apr 20, 2004
Staten Island
I think what is even more amazing is...Alvin and the chipmunks got $45 million.:arrrh:

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I saw the trailer, I didn't think it looked bad. But I had no clue how enthusiastic people were for this movie. Like did it really seem like a must-see opening weekend, spectacular to anyone?

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
There hasn't really been a big Hollywood type movie since the summer.

This is what the general population wants, not the indie type flicks that get released this time of year.

umo

Jan 27, 2005
"Ron Paul is crazy. Not every American deserves the right to bear arms. Our Founding Fathers were smart enough not to arm the negrow. My home is now a fortress because negroes have guns." _anthony cumia

justifyyourgarb

You drab South Bend cocksuckers are all the same.
Mar 15, 2007
I'm pissed I put 9 dollars towards this total.

I thought it fuggin sucked.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I want to know how many theatres were filled with people on cell phones, bad weaves, saying DAMN! at every action scene, and the food stamps they are using at the local store for dinner? (Ding, Ding)

umo

Jan 27, 2005
I want to know how many theatres were filled with people on cell phones, bad weaves, saying DAMN! at every action scene, and the food stamps they are using at the local store for dinner? (Ding, Ding)
"The movie made $76 million in one weekend. I think the theaters were filled with more than just the naggers, Jim" _club soda kenny

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
The title of the movie isn't even grammatically correct.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Which, aside from the fact that I'd see the first 6 min of Dark Knight again, I'd only see it in IMAX. The schwoogies won't pay the extra money for it.

umo

Jan 27, 2005
If you could have any car from any car dealership in NYC, would you pick a Ford?

And another thing. Will Smith killed his German Shepherd by choking her to death. Who wrote the script for this movie, Michael Vick?

ChrisH

Waddle Doodle
Jun 11, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Yesterday's 1:50 p.m. showing at the UA Brooklyn Heights/Downtown Brooklyn theater? Check. Fucking savages.

Hopefully given the big box office take so far, they can afford to hire competent screenwriters for the sequel. I liked the movie, but if you spend *any* time actually thinking about some of the MAJOR plot holes, you'll drive yourself freakin' crazy. Ugh.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
I liked it. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I rarely see a movie or hear a song I don't like. I just don't get it.

Dre

(Insert Witty Line Here)
Mar 11, 2006
Facing a monitor.
The movie was O.K. at best, I'm sure a huge amount of that money came from Batman fans, seeing it at IMAX for the first 6 minutes of Batman before the movie, which they could have, like I did, waited and saw it online, and not have to see I Am Legend at IMAX and see it at a regular theater. I would have seen no difference in that movie no matter where I saw it.

N.Y. Johnny

Fake Twitter Friend
Sep 9, 2005
Texas
If you could have any car from any car dealership in NYC, would you pick a Ford?

And another thing. Will Smith killed his German Shepherd by choking her to death. Who wrote the script for this movie, Michael Vick?
:clap:

Coincidence. Maybe not. I hadn't been to the movies since 3:10 To Yuma, and I had no clue how much garbage there was there now. I guess this film came at the right time because it has been hyped up alot and piqued interest.
I really had no clue how bad some movies out there now are and how much more worse its going to be. The Dark Knight Trailer was worth the ticket.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
There hasn't really been a big Hollywood type movie since the summer.

This is what the general population wants, not the indie type flicks that get released this time of year.
National Treasure 2 is going to open huge isn't it? Stupid country.

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
Dec 12, 2001
NY
I liked it. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I rarely see a movie or hear a song I don't like. I just don't get it.
Totally with you (on the movie part, not so much song wise). Can not remember the last movie I saw that I didn't like.

I see the trailer/preview...I know what kind of movies I like...I know if it's my "type" of flick...I go see it = rarely let down. If I'm guilty of anything it's that sometimes I do let the hype get to me (case and point...No Country For Old Men). Was "NCFOM" a really good movie...sure, ok. Was it "THE GREATEST FILM EVER MADE....EVER..........PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!"

No, sorry....I liked it...alot...but fucking "Jaws" smoked it...so did "Shawshank"....so did "The Godfather"....so did "Braveheart"...so did 20 other films I can name right off the top of my head. I still liked it and had a good time going out to see it though...better than staying home and watching "The King of Queens".

How does anyone go to the movies and leave bummed fucking out? I don't get it either...

OH...last movie I saw that I hated was "The Constant Gardener"....fucking awful. Almost walked out of my living room on that shit.