Holy Shit Jimmy Page can't tell a story...,

Earth2murf

HATES EVERYONE!!!
Apr 2, 2005
Rotten County NY
"we finished the record in 30...36 hours......8 hours" ....Dude i know the drugs were good in the '70 but how do ya get 8 hours cunfused with 36 hours...Now i want to hear hours of interviews with this guy.I saw Jimmy live in the late 80's at the ritz in NYC..i was only about 38 feet fom the stage i mean 8 feet from the stage and ole' Jimmy was wacked on herion.Jimmy was not sallowing the spit in his mouth,insted her would just slobber out a cup ful of spit all over himself.the dude was drenched in spit and sweat.The crowd was horrorified with this,and this went on for the whole 2 hours... All that said i got to see a very different Jimmy years later when he toured with the Black Crowes,Jimmy was on top of his game and he wasn't drooling all over himself..Im looking foward to seeing Zep if i can afford the ticket prices....

Oct 5, 2004
jersey
Jimmy's been a mess since the late 70s, he was better for most of the 90s and played technically very well for the Page & Plant tours, and Crowes gigs. but now combine his rough past with old age and his generally annoying english accent and you're right he's borderline unintelligible sometimes, but it's not that bad for a guy who, by his own admission, should have been dead years ago.

Got One?

.....and she was a stewardess.
Aug 3, 2004
ak-ROWDY
"........and it sounded good."

if i fucking hear that one more time....

kevtv

Resident Music Nerd
May 31, 2004
that 36 hours to 8 hours things is so fucking annoying. every time it comes on i run to my speakers and lower the commercial.

his math skills rival mike tyson.

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
And I was just about to get all riled up, thinking this was about our precious Lil Jimmy.

Apr 14, 2003
Eastern MD
I've been really trying to listen to it lately thinking that he's saying that its "36 hours....in actual hours" but I guess this will be the same way as Kelsey Grammer's "Oh good/dear lord". The part I can't stand is immediately after that when he says something about imagining the cost of the studio time.

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Feb 10, 2006
Oceanside, NY
Commercials suck, channel rules.

...and I was hating on it when it first came out.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
count me in

"........and it sounded good."

if i fucking hear that one more time....

yeah, this bugs me too for whatever reason. It also doesn't help that one of my long time friends has been a Led Zepplin fanatic for years and every time we talk about music, he's always got to make some sort of LZ/Jimmy Page reference even if it's a stretch to what we're talking about. He must have told me at least 100 times about how Zep produced all their own stuff, Page is a guitar god, the band were a bunch of wild and crazy guys on the road, blah blah blah. Mainly because of him, I'm burned out of Led Zepplin. :mad4:
Plus, he used to have this mix tape in his car years ago that he ALWAYS FUCKING PLAYED everytime we drove somewhere and I swear to God, it was like Chinese water torture listening to the same ten songs over and over and over and over......:arrrh:

Earth2murf

HATES EVERYONE!!!
Apr 2, 2005
Rotten County NY
.....growing up it was zep vs Sabbath..i was always in the sabbath crowd...after high school is when i got into zep...

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
Yeah the ZEP commercial that runs on 202 has no replaced "H-A-R-R-Y" as the most annoying one in circulation

hybriddriver

she is ice cream
Feb 20, 2006
PA
i'm fairly certain he says "in hours...in actual hours"

i've never heard "eight" in that commercial

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
i'm fairly certain he says "in hours...in actual hours"

i've never heard "eight" in that commercial
He does indeed say "in actual hours".

Which only enrages me more, because what the fuck else would we expect you to mean, Jimmy. When you say "hours", what unit of measurement which the human race has delineated to represent the passage of time did you expect us to think you meant. If you say "36 hours", how could we not expect that to be anything but "actual" hours. It's not as if you say "36 hours" and we really think you mean something DIFFERENT.

The Zeppelin ads on XM are the most godawful creations, and they play them a dozen times every hour it seems. It makes me want to put my fist through the goddamn wall.

hybriddriver

she is ice cream
Feb 20, 2006
PA
I think he means that they weren't just in the studio for a day-and-a-half, they were there longer but the recording itself only took 36 actual hours. As a part-time recording engineer, that makes perfect sense to me.

boardsofcanada

You're a Charcoal Briquette..ditsoon..a moolinyan
Jun 8, 2006
Led Zeppelin died with John Bonham. You're not going to see Led Zeppelin.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I think he means that they weren't just in the studio for a day-and-a-half, they were there longer but the recording itself only took 36 actual hours. As a part-time recording engineer, that makes perfect sense to me.
That's it EXACTLY. He was clarifying.... The studio bill was for 36 hours of recording time... spread out over... who knows how long.

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
Thanks, Tommy Technical, I really needed your explanation there.