Home Depot Cashiers Are Idiots

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
So I go to buy some tools for the upcoming renovation on our new place. Buy a Milwaukee sawzall, blades, prybar and a 12" compound miter saw. Get home and find out dude did not charge me for the miter saw... even though I saw him scan it etc... so go back to the store and pay for it.

Like when I went through the doors the anti theft thing like beeped... meh.

Yes I know I could have gotten a miter saw for free... but I figure Karma is a bitch... and best go back and pay for it.

Edit I know I will get tooled on for not saying "fuck it" and keeping the saw... again meh.

ginaf20697

Jul 26, 2005
NH
My Home Depot has self checkout. Definitely one of the greater inventions lately.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I use self-checkout whenever possible, but there isn't one in the tool department.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
Edit I know I will get tooled on for not saying "fuck it" and keeping the saw... again meh.

yep....
you jack ass. :action-sm

that being said. your right, karma is a bitch with my luck i would have cut my finger off with the "free" saw :icon_roll

Rattlehead

Hey Asshole Face!
Jan 19, 2008
Eh, i would have done the same thing, I love free shit, but hate stealing.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
I use self-checkout whenever possible, but there isn't one in the tool department.
Yep every time I buy power tools... I do the human checkout thing... as they have to deactivate the Symbol tag thing etc...

And ummm the last three times I got the same guy... and lets say he had ummm issues... like creepy "put the lotion in the basket" shit.

On a side note the manager dude shook my hand... and basically congratulated me for being a ummm non savage...

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
yep....
you jack ass. :action-sm

that being said. your right, karma is a bitch with my luck i would have cut my finger off with the "free" saw :icon_roll
Ya well that and my chick in law enforcement... do ummm do the math etc...

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Yeah, you did the right thing...you'll get your reward in heaven.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Yeah, you did the right thing...you'll get your reward in heaven.
Hmmm that could be a little hard due me being an agnostic... just got the wicked guilts when I was filing the receipt... yada... horse farm business etc...

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
First of all it is not stealing. You brought the shit to the fucking savage at the check out. The fact that they chose not to charge you is there problem. I would have kept my mouth shut.

As for
Home Depot Cashiers Are Idiots
, have you ever seen one Home Depot employee who wasn't?

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
First of all it is not stealing. You brought the shit to the fucking savage at the check out. The fact that they chose not to charge you is there problem. I would have kept my mouth shut.

As for , have you ever seen one Home Depot employee who wasn't?
Well New Hampshire... so umm pretty savage free... but dude is creepy though....

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
I love it when they charge you for a section of pipe with the per foot price.

I vividly recall errors by the cashier that was a huge bonus for my dad.

Zona992006

New Wackbag
Jan 26, 2007
So I go to buy some tools for the upcoming renovation on our new place. Buy a Milwaukee sawzall, blades, prybar and a 12" compound miter saw. Get home and find out dude did not charge me for the miter saw... even though I saw him scan it etc... so go back to the store and pay for it.

Like when I went through the doors the anti theft thing like beeped... meh.

Yes I know I could have gotten a miter saw for free... but I figure Karma is a bitch... and best go back and pay for it.

I hope you don't get banned for this. You pulled a anti whackbag move on that one..

PDX909

May 12, 2007
Portland, OR
Karma is a bitch.... it ran over my dogma...

what? someone had to FFS.

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
Dec 12, 2001
NY
Better man than I am....I'm thinking I would have kept it, now I feel bad.

Didn't even think of that....that's exactly what would have happened to me.