OpieRadio Logo
Anthony Cumia Show Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Home Network/Game Issue

Discussion in 'Wackbag Tech Support' started by Yesterdays Hero, Jan 9, 2018.

1. tattered

tattered Uber-Aryan
    Wackbag Staff

yeah. wired is ALWAYS faster

2. JoeyDVDZ

JoeyDVDZ That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!

Unless you're running old 100 mbps connections that is... then it's not quite as quick. And god forbid you've got 10. Holy balls, talk about crawling.

3. Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein Infidel and White Interloper
    Wackbag Staff

It's the only way to go. I have ethernet drops in every room of the house except the kitchen, laundry room, and my mother-in-law's bedroom. I really do need to run a drop to the garage so I can put an AP on the ceiling. Wi-Fi is a bit spotty out there.

4. JoeyDVDZ

JoeyDVDZ That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!

I have the same problem in my basement. I have a couple of lines run for the stuff that was easy to get to, but I also want decent wireless coverage for the devices that can't stay near the wall directly beneath my office. I have an AP here at work that I'm going to bring home, but it's 802.11 G. Shouldn't matter, but N or A would be preferable.

5. Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein Infidel and White Interloper
    Wackbag Staff

My house is block construction and L-shaped. I have three wireless APs deployed in addition to the router. It was the only way I could get reliable Wi-Fi everywhere.

JoeyDVDZ likes this.
  6. gorram

gorram ;)

If you can't run new ethernet in your house/condo/apartment and don't use the cable lines in your house you can use inexpensive "DIrectv DECA" adapters to carry network signal. They are limited to 100mbs which should be more than fine for most applications. You can use these at the same time as Directv but not Dish or Cable.

Cable tv uses a similar adapter called MOCA if yout coax wiring in your house is being used for cabletv, but they are not inexpensive.

7. Bobobie

Bobobie Registered User

You want to be sure to host the game on the Tower.