Homo Culture

hotshot70

Dec 29, 2006
Iowa USA
Yes, Opie was right. Homo culture is alive and well. Even commercials get special "gay" versions. On Logo, they play a commercial some of you may know. The guy puts on some jeans, and as he pulls them up, a phone booth with a beautiful woman pops out of floor. On Logo, its a sexy man in a tight t-shirt. The Orbitz.com commercials have gay couples, and the car commercials show the cars racing down a turnstyle and as it backs up, the road takeds the shape of the double male and double female signs. I think the gay versions on the jeans commercial is much better. the guy looks more relaxed with a guy appearing than that trashy woman. You all should see these commercials just to decide what you think.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
The Orbitz commercials with the puppets, I think were the first real openly gay commercials. My old roommate worked on those, they were all directed by Roman Coppola. So that's who we can all blame, Francis Ford's spoiled offspring. Them with their winery and lotion companies that they own are the ones fruiting up this once great nation.

I can accept the commercials, they're advertising to a niche market, it's kind of the same as when you turn on BET and they have the Burger King/McDonald's adds, they are exactly the same as what you see on the mainstream networks, except it's black family getting dinner, and for some reason they're all dancing.

What I can't stand is Abercrombie and Fitch, I can deal with the half naked dude standing outside, because there's usually a half naked chick with him, but I can't even step inside the whole fucking place is like a gay dance club. The one near me in LA, is like 3-4 floors, it's nearly pitch black, except for a couple spotlights directly over the tables that the clothes sit on, and they are blaring super gay techno all the fucking time. The one time I got dragged in there with my girlfriend, it was so fucking dark I nearly walked into a mirror.

It's a store that sells fancy dockers, jeans, and bulky sweaters, can't they play normal Americana type music, like John Mellencamp or Springsteen? I don't want to feel like I'm on Club MTV when I'm shopping.

JamesDamit

Spawn of satan
Nov 25, 2004
2869.02 miles from the Stienway Bldg
Yes, Opie was right. Homo culture is alive and well. Even commercials get special "gay" versions. On Logo, they play a commercial some of you may know. The guy puts on some jeans, and as he pulls them up, a phone booth with a beautiful woman pops out of floor. On Logo, its a sexy man in a tight t-shirt. The Orbitz.com commercials have gay couples, and the car commercials show the cars racing down a turnstyle and as it backs up, the road takeds the shape of the double male and double female signs. I think the gay versions on the jeans commercial is much better. the guy looks more relaxed with a guy appearing than that trashy woman. You all should see these commercials just to decide what you think.
You watch Logo. Faggggggggggggggggg ;)

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
10% of the population is admittedly gay, why shouldn't they be marketed to?

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
Gay people have tons of expendable cash... no kids or wife with a credit card.

I love working for de gays.. they put out major bucks in remodeling n shit... first class stuff alll the way.

Usually two white collar guys with no kids... with good jobs = I,ll take that action, there money spends just like mine.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Homo Culture seems somewhat related to "the feminization (emasculation, womanization) of our culture," a theory has been around for a long, long while.

More then 10 percent of the population also likes to steal and murder, does that make it right?
But being gay isn't wrong. In some cases, it's oh so right.

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
Jun 27, 2005
Berkeley, CA
Gays keep the population down and understand the true meaning of "enjoy life." For every gay guy/chick, is one less obnoxious child at the grocery store, on the airplane, or in the general public. I encourage gayness. I fucking HATE kids.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
What about that cell phone commercial where the guys are "Chilling in the Man Cave"???

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
I'd like to send a huge FU to all the "Homo's for Romo," we get it you're gay for a quarterback.

If you're over twenty, please stop wearing complete "outfit's" with the teams' logo on everything, it's very gay and your fat, out of shape mess of a person looks every bit the disaster you really are shitdick's.

You can't flip through five pages of a Maxim/Stuff/FHM-type magazine without a very homo-looking ad for one thing or another. My woman-person and I made a game of it, leaving one of those magazines around the house with a marker and scrawling "NO HOMO" on the ads that deserved it. It seems only the beer ads and ads for Axe body spray have hot chicks.

Now... If you want to see hot chicks in advertising... Pick up a "woman's magazine", like Mademoiselle, Cosmo, etc. There you will find page after page after page after page of hot, sometimes half-naked chicks (with the "good parts" fuzzed out or carefully posed to not show the goods, of course). Women always holler about how men are responsible for them have poor body images, but really, it's their own goddamned magazines that are doing it to them.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
You can't flip through five pages of a Maxim/Stuff/FHM-type magazine without a very homo-looking ad for one thing or another. My woman-person and I made a game of it, leaving one of those magazines around the house with a marker and scrawling "NO HOMO" on the ads that deserved it. It seems only the beer ads and ads for Axe body spray have hot chicks.

Now... If you want to see hot chicks in advertising... Pick up a "woman's magazine", like Mademoiselle, Cosmo, etc. There you will find page after page after page after page of hot, sometimes half-naked chicks (with the "good parts" fuzzed out or carefully posed to not show the goods, of course). Women always holler about how men are responsible for them have poor body images, but really, it's their own goddamned magazines that are doing it to them.
Well those women's magazines have all that in them to make women hate themselves and want to use said products in hopes they look as good as those women. Men really don't have that reaction to guys in their magazines, that's why I don't understand the placement.

Well those women's magazines have all that in them to make women hate themselves and want to use said products in hopes they look as good as those women. Men really don't have that reaction to guys in their magazines, that's why I don't understand the placement.
One can only hope that those men's magazines have done studies of their readership and know lots of young women also read them... And that's who they're targeting. Otherwise those studies have shown that lots of gay men read them and THAT'S the market.

xloosefusionx

May 23, 2007
There was a caller the other day who worked for A&F and said something about the CEO of the company. I work for Hollister (same company, just a branch off of it) and yes, he was 100% correct. This is a picture of him.

...hes in his mid-60s

As for "homo culture" I agree with alot of what the guys said about it, ie, the esmasculating of men and the overly sensitive dumbing down of who "guys" are. I dont mean in the stereotypical "Lifetime" way or the alcoholic football fanatic way, but just in general. The stat-quo for guys is becoming the pussy-whipped, overly chivalrous douche - or in short, the stereotypical "metrosexual".

As for marketing and advertising using guys more, Im not really bothered by it and it doesnt make me feel uncomfortable. Perhaps its because Im not as homophobic as most of y'll (admit it, alot of you are:icon_cool) or because I know that if Im carrying a bag with a guy on it...Im not going to be mistaken as a "fag" or whatver. Not for nothing, the more defensive you are about it, the more gay you come off.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
I used to work at Abercrombie, when our store was remodled he actually was on site for one day, he really does look like shit up close.

He looks young in that picture, but he's scary. He looks like he has an entire fake head, off a doll or something

xloosefusionx

May 23, 2007
He looks young in that picture, but he's scary. He looks like he has an entire fake head, off a doll or something
:clap::haha7:

This is the best way to describe him in person. Not only that, hes got a swarm of handlers and people that just yes him and follow him around, even into the bathroom; one's rumored to be more than a handler, ahhh-ollllle ;)

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Surprised he hasn't been ravaged by the HIV, guess he's not a sloppy party bottom.

hotshot70

Dec 29, 2006
Iowa USA
remember that Snickers commercial where the 2 guys lips meet? Now, even a gay man like me couldn't accidently have that happen with another guy. I really believe the media is trying to make gay the "in" thing for ads.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
remember that Snickers commercial where the 2 guys lips meet? Now, even a gay man like me couldn't accidently have that happen with another guy. I really believe the media is trying to make gay the "in" thing for ads.
The thing I find funny is the commercial where the two guys lips touch by accident got pulled due to media pressure. Meanwhile there's all these commercials that, like you said, are "gay versions" and they just go on.