"Homosexuality Is A Disease From The West"

SuperGolfer

I got it from a negro
Nov 6, 2004
So says India's Health Minister:

India's health minister, Ghulam Nabi Azad: homosexuality is a 'disease' from the West

BY ALIYAH SHAHID
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Tuesday, July 5th 2011, 10:01 AM

AP
Indian Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad leaves his residence in New Delhi, India, Tuesday. Azad has outraged activists by calling homosexuality a "disease" and "completely unnatural" during a conference on HIV/AIDS.

Ghulam Nabi Azad made the shocking remarks Monday at a conference on HIV/AIDS, which was attended by a slew of senior government officials, including Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.

"Unfortunately, this disease has come to our country too ... where a man has sex with another man, which is completely unnatural and should not happen, but does," Azad said in New Delhi.

Gay rights activists immediately blasted Azad.

They said his remarks were troubling, especially coming from the health minister of a country where roughly 2.5 million people have HIV. India has the largest number of people living with the virus in Asia.

"These comments help no cause. It's definitely not going to help in our fight against HIV," said Anjali Gopalan, head of the NAZ Foundation, a group that promotes gay rights and works with people infected by HIV.

A United Nations official ripped Azad.

"There is no place for stigma and discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation," Michel Sidibé, executive director of UNAIDS, said in a statement that praised India's overall efforts in combating HIV.

"Consistent with the World Health Organization's disease classification, UNAIDS does not regard homosexuality as a disease," he added.

There was no immediate comment from the health ministry. The prime minister's office refused to discuss Azad's remarks.

A 148-year-old colonial-era law declaring homosexuality a crime and punishable by up to 10 years in jail was overturned by the courts just two years ago.

These weren't Azad's first eyebrow-raising remarks.

A few years ago, he suggested Indians watch more late night television instead of having sex as a method to curb the country's population growth.

With News Wire Services

ashahid@nydailynews.com

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...is_a_disease_from_the_west.html#ixzz1RFdHob00

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
The Indian/Pakistani/Afghani/Middle Eastern (shortened as "brown people") attitude towards homosexuality is... weird.

Being gay is very, very bad. Death penalty bad. OTOH, keeping a little catamite (both in the modern sense and in the classical sense) around as a fuck toy is perfectly alright. In societies that don't allow dating or just don't have a tradition of dating, the sexual needs of teenagers and twenty-something men who don't have a wife and family yet needs to be bled off somehow.

In a very real sense, this is the result of polygamous marriages. As long as there's something close to a 50/50 male/female birth rate, and the young males aren't killed off somehow (war is the traditional method), old men with a dozen young wives means 11 young men walking around with boners and no chicks to take care of them.

India is a little different, in that there wasn't really a bad attitude towards homosexuals. Probably have to blame the British for that, especially since they took over India in the middle of their own Victorian Era...

Oct 8, 2005
Reality
There are studies that say consuming BPA as a child will make boys more feminine and possibly gay because BPA plastics leach estrogen into whatever food or liquid you are consuming.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Relevant:

[video=youtube;qCzbNkyXO50]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCzbNkyXO50[/video]

There are studies that say consuming BPA as a child will make boys more feminine and possibly gay because BPA plastics leach estrogen into whatever food or liquid you are consuming.
And there is probably estrogen in breast milk, so should mothers not breastfeed their children? (I did not look this up whatsoever nor do I care about your response)

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
And there is probably estrogen in breast milk, so should mothers not breastfeed their children? (I did not look this up whatsoever nor do I care about your response)
Here:
http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00340652
Effects of Infant Diets on Estrogen Activity and Development
This study has been completed.

First Received on June 19, 2006. Last Updated on October 6, 2010 History of Changes
Sponsor: National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS)
Information provided by: National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (CC)
ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00340652
Purpose
This study, conducted at the Children's Hospital of Boston and the Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, will examine the natural history of infant development in the first year of life and how different types of infant feeding may affect that development. During pregnancy, babies are exposed to the female hormone estrogen from their mothers. Estrogen affects development of breasts and milk production, as well as the development of the uterus, ovaries and possibly other hormonally responsive organs in both males and females. Between 6 and 12 months of age, the effects are reduced. Breast milk and some infant formulas may contain compounds that can act like female hormones in the body and may prolong the estrogen effects. This study will examine the natural history of estrogen activity in infants on different feeding regimens, breast milk, cow's milk, and soy milk and will serve as preparation for a larger study of the effects of soy formula on estrogen activity in infants.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
There are a lot of mays in that statement and it explains nothing.

Whats that?
Jesus, I was just trying to help, didn't know you really wanted a credible explanation to back up your snarky comment to Kirk.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Jesus, I was just trying to help, didn't know you really wanted a credible explanation to back up your snarky comment to Kirk.
I was just going for the Billy Mays joke more than anything.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
Oh well my joke in the other thread sucks a dick now.

jsc315

AnalCunt
Dec 8, 2004
Evergreen Park,IL
Just stop acting like a fool! Thinking you actual understand what gay even means. Drugs DO NOT make you gay. If you believe that then you are more of a fucking moron then I ever even thought you were.

Oct 8, 2005
Reality
Just stop acting like a fool! Thinking you actual understand what gay even means. Drugs DO NOT make you gay. If you believe that then you are more of a fucking moron then I ever even thought you were.
Gay means happy and yes some drugs are made to make you happy.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Just stop acting like a fool! Thinking you actual understand what gay even means. Drugs DO NOT make you gay.
Maybe not, but some certainly make being gay easier and more fun.

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005
Regardless of what religious zealots and similar extremists might think, scientists have yet to determine whether homosexuality is a sickness or a disease