Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Feb 10, 2006
Oceanside, NY

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
Jul 27, 2006
jersey
do they know about the merger? why not wait till after and buy them both? more gooder?

jimmyjimjimz

Wackbag's version of The Miz
Aug 12, 2005
Rockaway Beach, NYC
Doesn't Google own Youtube? So, that means, if Google buys Sirius, Howard can't sue Youtube, right?

notalentassclwn

Fulltime Wingman
Jul 28, 2005
Vernon, NJ
so if google bought sirius, and sirius owns hoo hoo, does that mean it will be all hoo hoo all the time? And does that also mean, O&A vids will be ba-ba-banned?

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
If Google does buy SIRI, I hope they throw all the dead wood into the furnace.

Burn, Howie, burn.

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
OK, if Google bought Sirius, would the merger still go through?
That is the $100 question (perhaps more than that, coke).

XM wants to merge to save money. Sirius needs to merge to stay a float. So I would think if Google bought Sirius, the merger would fall threw.

But like Fuckwit said, why not wait and buy Sirius, after Sirius buys XM (stated as it's reported with the merger talk).

Which makes me think this is all just a ghey rumor. Don't think it's going to happen, but wish it would.

Or better yet, google buys XM and lets Sirius drown in debt.

I'm placing bets that if google buys Sirius, it wont be long before Microsoft picks up XM. Just a long shot guess from MS's reactionary business model. Which would be pretty cool to stream XM over Xbox Live. Spread that rumor!

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
An after thought: I think this could just be google trying to show they 'could' flex a muscle and get into the satellite business.

Like Donald Trump saying he's thinking about running for president; it's just so people elevate their name through association, but with no intent of being serious.

The Sirius/XM thing seems so far along, I think anyone can throw in a non-serious bid.

Just off the AP, "cokelogic.com to buy out XM radio".

atxklown

Will you do me a Kindness
Jan 26, 2004
Austin TX
AOL has a tie in with XM so how is that going to go through

SwimConnerSwim

O&A Token Midget
Feb 20, 2007
New Jersey
I haven't seen any reports on this on financial web sites. I checked Google, Sirus and XM stock reports and got nothing. Although I'd love nothing better if Google swept in, bought Siruis and tossed Mel and Hoo-hoo out like the trash, I'm thinking this is saber-stock rattling.

Woodfloorlicker

Host, "The Radio Freaks" & Meaty Breasted Zilch
Dec 2, 2005
Philthydelphia, PA
Although I'd love nothing better if Google swept in, bought Siruis and tossed Mel and Hoo-hoo out like the trash
The question then becomes....even if it DID happen, what's to say that Google wouldn't be under the convoluted assumption that Hoo Hoo and Mr. Karmazzi are the stars of Sirius and change nothing? :huh:

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
They'd probably make it more-gooder, just like they've done with everything else they've touched.
yea youtube is soooo much beter now, all that google money behind them just means more regulations so they don't get sued.
Google is only in business for advertising, and if they are involved it just means another way for them to spread their ad exposure.