Horrific Abdominal Cramping....

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
So, Thursday night, I was eating dinner and suddenly started cramping up. Like "can't even stand up straight" bad. Starting thinking back and realized I had taken a shit maybe once since Monday. Ate a lot of cheese Monday.

Ok, figure I'm blocked up. Friday, I get some milk of magnesia and let it do it's work. Doesn't totally clear everything up as I had hoped, so yesterday I 'borrowed' some of that stuff they make you take before a colonoscopy (you know, drink this and shit for 8 hours straight). That seemed to clear everything out, but now, 24 hours later, I still am cramping horrifically. Not as bad as before, but it still feels like there's a blockage. Somwhere in my intestines, as the pain isn't high enough to be in my stomach. I can walk now, but sitting certain ways causes some pain.

Thoughts?

Serious replies only, obviously. :)

WhiteHonkyDevil

Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
I's just a poor boy and my insurance from work doesn't kick in for another month.

izzy izkowitz

Chris Hansen is my hero
May 23, 2007
sounds like what was happening to me before I had to have my gall bladder removed. it would get these cramps that would come on hard and fast and I would be doubled over in super intense pain. turned out I had almost 50 gallstones. get to the doc. if you don't have insurance yet, not sure what to tell you. when I was having the attacks they started out just maybe once or twice every few days and kept getting more and more frequent. hope it all works out for ya dude. did you just get a new job, and if so, did you have insurance at the old place? if it has been less than 60 days since you had coverage you may be eligible to pick up cobra coverage. pretty expensive, but cheaper that thousands of dollars in hospital bills.

JimsInfectedEye

That's very hurtful, sir.
May 21, 2005
Philadelphia
When you push your belly, does it hurt? I had something similiar, and it turned out to be a mild case of diverticulitis.

If I'm not mistaken, cigarsandscotch wound up needing surgery to correct his diverticulii, not 100% sure though.

Do you have the shits?

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
sounds like what was happening to me before I had to have my gall bladder removed. it would get these cramps that would come on hard and fast and I would be doubled over in super intense pain. turned out I had almost 50 gallstones. get to the doc. if you don't have insurance yet, not sure what to tell you. when I was having the attacks they started out just maybe once or twice every few days and kept getting more and more frequent. hope it all works out for ya dude. did you just get a new job, and if so, did you have insurance at the old place? if it has been less than 60 days since you had coverage you may be eligible to pick up cobra coverage. pretty expensive, but cheaper that thousands of dollars in hospital bills.
Yeah I had gall bladder stones, and the cramps were horrific. The symptoms do sound similar. I didn't have insurance either and I waited 3 weeks until my eyes were yellow and I couldn't hold down a glass of water before I finally went to the hospital, where I was misdiagnosed with a kidney infection. A day later I passed them.

If you don't have insurance go to one of those cheapo clinics.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Are any of your apples unaccounted for?

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Is it on the lower right side? I had the same thing with my appendix. The doctor said occassionally an appendix will get blocked and puss build-up will cause slight pain before the blockage clears but sometimes the blockage will stay and the pain will continue until your appendix bursts and your abdominal cavity is filled with shit and you die shortly after.

Thouigh if its been happenign since Thursday it unlikely to be that since usually you have less than a day or two from when symptoms start till it hits terminal.

There are intestinal diseases like Crohn's or Diverticulitis which can cause discomfort and constipation. They're chronic conditions which will bug you for a long time.

Gallstones would be a safe painful but not entirely terminal bet though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallstone
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diverticulitis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chron's_disease
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appendicitis

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
I've had the same thing twice, it happens about once every five years. I can't sit, stand, move, eat, sleep, anything. I go to the emergency room, the load me up on morphine, the pain goes away, they test my blood and find that my white blood cell count is through the roof. The they feel my tummy is hard, but they aren't sure what. Everytime in the morning everything if fine again. Weird

J D

Staten Island Sucks
Jun 18, 2000
Staten Island
Sounds like appendicitis or something along the lines of needed immediate care. Go to the ER.

thelord68

There's always time for lubricant
Feb 24, 2003
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
If it is on the right side and hurts more when you press on it - its most likely the appendix - don't fuck around. I went to my doctor, who blew the diagnosis, and ended up walking around for nearly two weeks with a ruptured appendix. (I'm extremely lucky I lived) Yes I sued and settled, but it doesn't make up for the massive surgery or the months being bed-ridden, or the years of ongoing problems. It should have been a simple procedure - 2 days in the hospital and back to work in a week.

If you are eating and the food appears to be passing (you said you did the Fleet Phospho or similar stuff) then it is not likely to be a bowel obstruction, which would also require immediate surgery. Depending on how much of the prep stuff you drank, you could be feeling cramping from effects of that.

On the plus side, if you're not puking, not passing solids, bleeding or running a high fever, then it probably doesn't need surgery.

On the minus, it could be something like diverticulitis, IBS, or stones and there is little that can be done immediately other than painkillers and long-term treatment.

As someone else said, if you don't want to go to the ER, then at least spend the $100 and go to one of the walk-in clinics.

I'm not a doctor, I don't play one on TV, I didn't stay at Holiday Inn Express - - just throwing my 2 cents in on the place you go for dick jokes, not medical advice.

HerkyJerkyLiz

Posts below off topic.
Oct 14, 2004
it could be so many different things but i have crohns.. sounds similar to a blockage which you dont want to fuck around with. if the pain gets worse or other symptoms start popping up, go to the hospital.

WhiteHonkyDevil

Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
I pressed on the area really hard, felt something move, and suddenly feel wonderful.

So, I'll probably die in my sleep.

rowdy

raging alcoholic
Dec 9, 2005
Southern IL
get to a doctor but just for fun take some of that stuff opie took last year that made him shit his pants. cant remember the name of it. POWERFUL laxative

Dec 18, 2005
Huntington, New York
THe liquids are osmotically active laxatives. Basically, they draw more water into the lumen of the intestine to make you shit liquid.

You can do the osmotic laxative coupled with a stimulant/irritant laxative that creates intestinal motion to help propel the bolus, such as Dulcolax.

I've had this even recently and did what I mentioned. No worries. It was odd.

Sct Ptersns Twn

Looking 4 a New 1st Mate
Dec 4, 2005
Gloucestershire
My appendicitis was one of the worst pains ever. If it was that, and it was Thursday, you would be in the hospital right now.

Good luck bro. :action-sm

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
Yeah, it's probably not appendicitis if you're sitting on the computer posting on Wackbag.

This sort of thing happened to me once when I hate a large Papa John's pepperoni pizza using like 5 garlic sauce dips. The next day I had the diarrhea feeling of "Oh no, if I don't make it to the bathroom in 3 seconds shit is flying out" yet I couldn't shit at all. I was all blocked up.

I couldn't move my stomach hurt to bad. That's when I decided maybe I'll stop eating fast-food.

sued

Now you know
Sep 2, 2004
Montclair.NJ
If you arent dead and dont take a HUGE poop today go to the er. Even if you dont have insurance. You dont want a blockage where they have to cut your intestines to remove it. You'll never be the same.

AssOrgy

Feb 10, 2006
Boston
If you:
a.)Have a vagina
b.)This pain happens roughly every month
and c.) You find yourself bleeding out your p-hole.
There is no cure. Kill yourself!