OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Hospitals in England could be on the brink of collapse, leading physicians say

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by SOS, Sep 13, 2012.

1. SOS

SOS ONA
    Wackbag Staff

Hospitals in England could be on the brink of collapse, leading doctors say

2. mikeybot

mikeybot SPANAKOPITA!!!

But, but....government run health care is supposed to be great!

3. Discoman

Discoman Well-Known Member
    Donator

I think we should Logan's Run this shit and have an age where people should just drop dead.

4. fletcher

fletcher Darkness always says hello.
    Donator

European governments going bankrupt means governmental programs fall apart. Makes sense.

5. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

6. KRSOne

KRSOne Registered User

Preview for America, Obamacare is put in place to save us all, prices go up and no one can afford health care, government comes in to save us again by taking over health care, only the ultra rich and politicians get good health care, the rest of us die.

7. weeniewawa

weeniewawa it's a man, baby!!!

I will watch this on the American news when they report on it.

I will also die before they do

8. countryblumpkin

countryblumpkin team derosa

you realize "obamacare" is still private companies right?

so what you're saying is you want more regulation to keep prices down,that's not very free market of you.

9. Bluestreak

Bluestreak This space intentionally left blank.

Let him go... he thinks the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

10. countryblumpkin

countryblumpkin team derosa

"the goddamn germans ain't got nothin' to do with this!"

11. VMS

VMS Victim of high standards and low personal skills.

Keep up. What Kirk is saying isn't that Obamacare is government healthcare: he's saying that Obamacare is over-government regulation of private healthcare, pushing private healthcare to the brink and creating an artificial crisis that will then necessitate government healthcare.

It's one of the conspiracy theories about Obamacare.

Personally, I don't buy it. I don't think Congress was or is smart enough to plan this out, and President Obama is frankly too much of an incompetent jackass (seriously, throw "your" legislative keystone TO CONGRESS to write????) to plan that well, either. Obamacare is legitimately the best job they could manage.

Which is incredibly, incredibly sad.

12. Begbie

Begbie Wackbag Generalissimo

Seriously?! What crazy nutjobs would believe a crazy scheme like that?!?! Gotta be the teabagger birthers who hate black people. They're nuts. I mean, it's not like Obama came out and admitted, that in his first term as POTUS, he wanted universal healthcare installed by the end of his first term. And it's not like he admitted that it's going to take 10, 15, 20 years in order to truly eliminate the private insurance companies. I mean, come on! ;)

Ultimately, the progressives (mostly on the Democratic side and including Obama) have made it pretty clear in the past that they want single payer healthcare in this country. This has been a signature issue for the progressives for decades and decades, but they've never been able to gain traction because it's just not popular among the center-center/right-small gov't liberals. Yet they've continued to push for it, and yeah, some "crazies" seem to think the progressives have adopted a sort of Cloward-Piven strategy regarding healthcare...pollute the current system and set it up for a massive failure, then say, "Oh, would you look at that...our healthcare system is in shambles...hmm, I guess we'll just have to take it over and rebuild it into something else...that universal healthcare in Europe is pretty neat."

I think the original plan that was pushed (circa July 2009) was something that could have led us down the path of single payer healthcare. We didn't get that bill...but we did get about 8 months of tiring healthcare talking points from both sides, closed door negotiations between Pelosi/Reid/Obama/etc, and Obama deflecting from his C-SPAN promise as long and as much as he could. The end result was a bill that only passed by Obama buying the votes of Senators and that I see as more a hybrid of two things: a bill that could lead us down the path of single-payer and a bill that is just a colossal mess but they had to get something thru because the public's patience was lost and Obama needed to be able to say he got his healthcare plan thru. That's how I see it. Will this mess of a bill lead us to single-payer? I doubt it. But it's such a fuckin mess that, over time, it will make things worse, and by that point...who knows?