Hotel Drinking Glasses

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Steve Bass, from PCWorld.com had this in his newsletter last week. I'm glad I vacation in a timeshare - I can put everything into the dishwasher before I use them

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
When O and A played that story a couple of weeks ago, I first thought it was just fear mongering by the media. But then I thought about it, how hard is it to take a glass rack filled with glasses, run it through the dishwasher, and then just rotate the glasses out.

Mar 2, 2005
chicago
i bring my own sheets pillow cases and blanket to hotels let alone not touch the glasses and coffee pot

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I stay in places that have plastic cups sealed in plastic most of the time. The rest of the time I wouldn't DARE drink out of those glasses. And I'm hardly a germ freak.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
I stay in places that have plastic cups sealed in plastic most of the time. The rest of the time I wouldn't DARE drink out of those glasses. And I'm hardly a germ freak.
Same

But, I do have to say... "She then sprays them with a blue liquid labeled 'Do not drink!'"

You know what other substances have labels like that? Tooth Paste and dish washing detergent.

Stick to the story you dumb cunt, quit trying to make it sound like the hotel's trying to poison me with Windex.

MonkeyTits

Jun 20, 2005
I don't know if I'm the first person to do this, but last year I started hitting up the bar downstairs for glasses. Just walked in and asked for two wine glasses, "My wife and I would like a couple of wine glasses for our room before heading down here later."

Works like a charm. Frankly, they'll loan you just about anything out of the bar - corkscrews, champagne chillers...

That's obviously not an option at the Budget Inn but places like that usually have the plastic wrapped in plastic deal anyway.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
eh i dont give a shit, what dont kill ya only makes ya stronger

Lil'GlubGlub

You may call me Chef Glub
Sep 3, 2004
near philly
I am thinking they probably rotate them out after the room is vacated, just like the linens and towels, shampoos, soaps and shower caps.

I know the hotel I worked in had a dishwasher in the housekeeping dept.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I am thinking they probably rotate them out after the room is vacated, just like the linens and towels, shampoos, soaps and shower caps.

I know the hotel I worked in had a dishwasher in the housekeeping dept.
They show'd the one room which was reserved for two nights by two different people - they changed the linens etc and didn't rotate the glasses out.

For some reason I'm finding the glasses thing more creepy than the bedspread with body fluids. :puke:

Lil'GlubGlub

You may call me Chef Glub
Sep 3, 2004
near philly
They show'd the one room which was reserved for two nights by two different people - they changed the linens etc and didn't rotate the glasses out.

For some reason I'm finding the glasses thing more creepy than the bedspread with body fluids. :puke:
but the rooms were probably paid by the same expense acct or CC, and in the hotels eyes, that is one guest. the savages cleaning the rooms only know what they are told by their bosses.

* on the other hand, you did say the linens were changed. hmmmmmmmmm I don't know.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
ive stayed in some real flea bag hotels in my day and never caught anything, you all worry too much

atxklown

Will you do me a Kindness
Jan 26, 2004
Austin TX
I've got the Diamond VIP at Hilton, and when I stay at Homewood Suites they have a dishwasher in the room, and the Embassy I stay at doesn't but when I'm there for the evening reception I keep the glass I use for my 15 Cherry Rum & Cokes. The alcohol must've cleaned it by then.

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
Feb 18, 2005
in a house
same here... i always stay in places that have the wrapped plastic ones.
even if i didn't, who cares... it builds your immune system.

eh i dont give a shit, what dont kill ya only makes ya stronger
yup x2

Vic Mackey

Jay Marriotti is a heiney-bird
Jul 26, 2005
Chicago, IL
I stopped using hotel glasses after watching my buddy use one as a dip cup.