House Panel to TSA: Stop Searching Kissinger and Rumsfield

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
(Newser) – House officials have some words of wisdom for the TSA: Don't pat down Beyonce. Seriously. After all, "she's not going to blow a plane up," says Rep. Mike Rogers, who heads the House Homeland Security Transportation Subcommittee. "There are certain people that are just so well-known that you've just got to use your common sense," he added during a meeting yesterday. Others cited as deserving of a free pass: Donald Rumsfeld and Henry Kissinger, the Los Angeles Times reports.

During the meeting, TSA boss John Pistole noted that security efforts are being redesigned to focus on passengers agents know little about, and pointed out that the TSA now lets seniors over 75 keep their outerwear and shoes on during screenings. "If we have treated somebody unprofessionally, then shame on us because we have not done the job that we are expected to do," Pistole said. Meanwhile, complaints have actually decreased: This March, the agency got 1,294 complaints after screening 56 million people; last March 55 million were screened and 1,445 complaints registered, officials say.
They used Beyonce as a smoke screen but you know it wasn't Beyonce that sparked this.
I'm sure Rummy and Kissinger gave some people a call so they wouldn't be subject to the same intrusive unconstitutional pat downs as the slaves.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
They used Beyonce as a smoke screen but you know it wasn't Beyonce that sparked this.
I'm sure Rummy and Kissinger gave some people a call so they wouldn't be subject to the same intrusive unconstitutional pat downs as the slaves.
Or maybe Rand Paul. Remember his little incident? Oh wait, he's apart of the globalist elite now.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
To be completely fair here, there's a common sense thing involved here. They don't know me from a hole in the wall, but if someone of international fame were to go through, the recognizability factor alone should dictate that they're probably not going to do anything stupid like smuggle a bomb on board a plane. That's not to say they still shouldn't go through standard check in processes to look for weapons; after all, celebs love to carry their firearms. But don't waste time looking for shoe bombs on Beyonce.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Has anyone else noticed that Kirk has been going into troll overdrive this past week?

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
Has anyone else noticed that Kirk has been going into troll overdrive this past week?
I think he's making up for lost time. Also, he's been getting slapped around like a chew toy around here recently; he's probably trying to fight back.

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
I think he's making up for lost time. Also, he's been getting slapped around like a chew toy around here recently; he's probably trying to fight back.
Which makes us beat him harder.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
To be completely fair here, there's a common sense thing involved here. They don't know me from a hole in the wall, but if someone of international fame were to go through, the recognizability factor alone should dictate that they're probably not going to do anything stupid like smuggle a bomb on board a plane. That's not to say they still shouldn't go through standard check in processes to look for weapons; after all, celebs love to carry their firearms. But don't waste time looking for shoe bombs on Beyonce.
Then where's the cutoff? Should the artist formerly known as Cat Stevens get a pass too?

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
I knew a Jersey boy would say only some people should be subjected to this nonsense.

I love how all of you TSA worshipers say that old people and kids need to be harassed and molested because ALQ may have hidden something in their underwear or on their wheelchair while they weren't looking. But that could never happen to the great Henry Kissenger who is wanted for war crimes in a few countries.

So make up your mind is ALQ sneaking stuff into peoples underwear and wheelchairs and bags or not? If not, then the TSA can stop with the unconstitutional searches on everyone and not just Kissenger. Kissenger can't even go into some countries because hes a wanted criminal and the Jersey trendies want to give him special rights that no one else in the airport has.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I knew a Jersey boy would say only some people should be subjected to this nonsense.

I love how all of you TSA worshipers say that old people and kids need to be harassed and molested because ALQ may have hidden something in their underwear or on their wheelchair while they weren't looking.
That's not why we say old people and kids need to be molested.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
50/50

Do what you want. It's a free country.
A free country? The NDAA and the patriot act tell a different story. and the millions of pages of laws and regulations that aren't in the best interest of the American people.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
A free country? The NDAA and the patriot act tell a different story. and the millions of pages of laws and regulations that aren't in the best interest of the American people.
It's all good

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
This is why we need to focus all of our money on space exploration and conquest so we can get off of this fuckin' prison planet and onto the oppression free surface of another planet. Well...oppression free as long as there are no fuckin' aliens there to beat into submission and use as slave labor.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
The Challenger exploded because it didn't hit one of those tiny holes in Earth Cage

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
This is why we need to focus all of our money on space exploration and conquest so we can get off of this fuckin' prison planet and onto the oppression free surface of another planet. Well...oppression free as long as there are no fuckin' aliens there to beat into submission and use as slave labor.
Who's to say the collectivists wouldn't ruin another planet with their commie nonsense?

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Who's to say the collectivists wouldn't ruin another planet with their commie nonsense?
So? If we're spreading to multiple other planets, let them take over a couple. Unless you're so insecure in your beliefs that you think they'll win every time.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I hope there's oppression in space too so I can get a Firefly-class ship and live as a space pirate.

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
[video=youtube;tD-UFUOl29A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD-UFUOl29A[/video]