HOV maids

Nov 5, 2002
Washington D.C.
These are like meter maids with guns. Their sole job is to try to catch you driving alone in the left-most thruway lanes. And like meter maids, they are completely deaf to logic and reason.

Hypothetically, if I were to make a website dedicated to these fine public servants with pictures of them, anyone know what the legalities involved would be?

Obviously the site would be only to honor their brave duty and give them thanks for serving the city of Atlanta and keeping us safe.

fkornre

Boogity Boogity Boogity...Let's go racing boys...
Nov 4, 2006
monroe twp, nj
i pick up hitchhikers, hookers or people walking and take them with me so I can use those lanes...

Sharpshooter

Yeah I'm new! Wanna fight about it?!
Dec 17, 2007
Your mother's pee-hole
I know some small frail looking guys who do that. I just think to myself, "what a great way to get ass *****!"

Nov 5, 2002
Washington D.C.
What "Logical" reason could you have to drive in the HOV lane alone?
Well, for starters, if it's open and the rest of the lanes are completely slammed shut and stopped. That's pretty logical to take the only open lane of traffic. Also to pass someone in front of me who is diddling themselves or doing makeup, going 10 under the speed limit.

Nov 5, 2002
Washington D.C.
Simple solution - don't drive in a HOV lane if you're alone
I think anyone who doesn't drive in the HOV lane alone when the rest of traffic is stopped, is an idiot.

Sure I get a ticket occasionally but I usually shake my head at the dopes who are sitting there still when I breeze by them.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
Well, for starters, if it's open and the rest of the lanes are completely slammed shut and stopped. That's pretty logical to take the only open lane of traffic.
This is the reason the lanes exist sir. If you were allowed to just use them whenever the other lanes are congested, where's the incentive to carpool?:nuts:

fkornre

Nov 4, 2006
monroe twp, nj
I don't know if you're serious but that actually sounds like a great idea.
lol...def not serious...just trying to be funny...

shortly after 9/11 when the tunnels and bridges were open for traffic, you had to have more than 1 person in the car with you, the news did reports on homeless people who would make money by being "passengers" in cars so people could get through to NY/NJ at the hours that the HOV was being enforced...

That was another fine episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm.
never seen this show...

Nov 5, 2002
Washington D.C.
This is the reason the lanes exist sir. If you were allowed to just use them whenever the other lanes are congested, where's the incentive to carpool?:nuts:
Well sure I get the intention but in reality it just makes traffic worse. Make traffic more congested in order to encourage people to carpool? That's just offensive.

It's unrealistic to try and get people to carpool, especially in today's economy when so many people are often changing jobs and coming from all different surrounding areas of a big city like this one. This isn't 1950 when everyone is headed to the same factory at the same time in the morning.

BCH

Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
Well sure I get the intention but in reality it just makes traffic worse. Make traffic more congested in order to encourage people to carpool? That's just offensive.

It's unrealistic to try and get people to carpool, especially in today's economy when so many people are often changing jobs and coming from all different surrounding areas of a big city like this one. This isn't 1950 when everyone is headed to the same factory at the same time in the morning.
It's not all that unrealistic, put an ad on craigslist, get hooked up with someone from your vicinity and meet at the park-n-ride in the mornings. Maybe a thread here for O&A friendly carpools or something... You'll save alot on gas if you split it with someone else. If my commute weren't 30 seconds and I didn't have a company car, you bet your ass I'd carpool.

fkornre

Nov 4, 2006
monroe twp, nj
i HATE carpooling....i dont want others in my nice car especially if they smoke, and i dont want to sit in other peoples cars...my mornings to work i listen to the show and dont want to hear people talking or asking me shit at 7am...

BCH

Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
i HATE carpooling....i dont want others in my nice car especially if they smoke, and i dont want to sit in other peoples cars...my mornings to work i listen to the show and dont want to hear people talking or asking me shit at 7am...
Aww Come on buddy. You and I could carpool! We could listen to the show and talk Roush Racing during the breaks.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I think anyone who doesn't drive in the HOV lane alone when the rest of traffic is stopped, is an idiot.

Sure I get a ticket occasionally but I usually shake my head at the dopes who are sitting there still when I breeze by them.

oh grow up ... when did obeying the rules of the road constitute being an idiot? Know what? By your standards I'm an idiot but I'm damn proud to be one. I'm also proud of my driving record. I've been driving for almost 28 years and in that time I've had 3 traffic tickets.

How many "occasional tickets" have you gotten?