How do you get this thing appart? Bathtub valve

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
I have to replace a section of hose from the Bathtub valve to the shower block thingy. This isn't the exact faucet, but it looks damn close. There is just a red and blue graphic instead of "H" and "C". I need to get the back plate off but the handles have to come off to remove the center tube thing, which is just a spacer. There are no set screws anywhere The front cap appears to be a single piece and it doesn't seem to just pop off. How does this thing comes apart?

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
I have to replace a section of hose from the Bathtub valve to the shower block thingy. This isn't the exact faucet, but it looks damn close. There is just a red and blue graphic instead of "H" and "C". I need to get the back plate off but the handles have to come off to remove the center tube thing, which is just a spacer. There are no set screws anywhere The front cap appears to be a single piece and it doesn't seem to just pop off. How does this thing comes apart?
See that divot to the left of the OFF? Start noodling shit in there until an unlock is achieved.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
On all the ones I have here, the small center section of the plastic handle comes off (probably the piece with the graphic itself - that's how the one in my master bath works). It looks like it's all one piece but it's not. You need a really small flathead screwdriver or something similar to do it. Then you'll see there's a screw. Then off comes the handle.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
On all the ones I have here, the small center section of the plastic handle comes off (probably the piece with the graphic itself - that's how the one in my master bath works). It looks like it's all one piece but it's not. You need a really small flathead screwdriver or something similar to do it. Then you'll see there's a screw. Then off comes the handle.
Yeah, it didn't seem like it would come off but it did. I was hoping to just be able to get the back plate off without a lot of disassembly, but it looks like there more layers to remove.

Tempted to do this to get at the stupid pipes.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
start by growing a dick and becoming a man. once you do this come to the realisation that men dont ask for directions or help with something like this from others. next step is to just figure it out by downloading a PDF of the assembly directions and buying a rebuild kit if necessary from your local plumbing supply store

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
I got pissed off by a deteriorated shower knob one time and took an angle grinder to it. That made short work of the knob.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
I got pissed off by a deteriorated shower knob one time and took an angle grinder to it. That made short work of the knob.
I have a wash sink in my basement, I tried to change the washers and stripped out the screws immediately, I got out a pipe cutter and put in two shark bite ball valves, fuck that faucet