How does "You Can't Say That Wednesday" work?

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
Sorry, but I'm "Need the bit explained to him" guy.

You don't announce you are going to say something you can't say.

You don't say what you can't say (ie Big Black Cock).

So you don't announce that you are going to say something you can't say on radio, then say what? Do you begin to say something you can't say, but then...what?

Do you realize Phone Call Thursday makes more sense to me than You Can't Say That.

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
i'm glad you brought this up...i was thinking about it today and i have my own jizbag speculation about it. they went into the radio war thing at the end of the CBS show today, saying that they would continue it on the XM side. the people listening on CBS were probably like "oh man people eating shit, having mayo spread all over themselves, drinking dish soap and piss....i gotta get XM".

Similarly, they are probably like "oh shit, what did that guy just say? i bet the XM people got to hear it"

Also, they always bitch about how they can't say things on CBS. Case in point, Hummer Tuesdays.

So i think it works like this...people call in and say "hey guys love you love the show, my dicks all shitty from your asshole, punchin out" (or any barrage of curse words they can get out) CBS dumps it and the boys act like he said something absolutely amazing but you can't say it on the REGULAR radio.

basically i think it's a commercial for XM so the boys can get more subs and quit stupid freeFM. but maybe i gave that too much thought :)

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
i'm glad you brought this up...i was thinking about it today and i have my own jizbag speculation about it. they went into the radio war thing at the end of the CBS show today, saying that they would continue it on the XM side. the people listening on CBS were probably like "oh man people eating shit, having mayo spread all over themselves, drinking dish soap and piss....i gotta get XM".

Similarly, they are probably like "oh shit, what did that guy just say? i bet the XM people got to hear it"

Also, they always bitch about how they can't say things on CBS. Case in point, Hummer Tuesdays.

So i think it works like this...people call in and say "hey guys love you love the show, my dicks all shitty from your asshole, punchin out" (or any barrage of curse words they can get out) CBS dumps it and the boys act like he said something absolutely amazing but you can't say it on the REGULAR radio.

basically i think it's a commercial for XM so the boys can get more subs and quit stupid freeFM. but maybe i gave that too much thought :)
Very interesting take on the whole thing. Listening to the show on XM, I was wondering what the angle was, your proposition is very plausible.

Jan 9, 2006
Delmar, NY

This sounds about right to me. They just don't want you to drop the dreaded N word on either side of the show. I think that was the problem with that one call today. On a related note, and this may have been talked about already, but did anyone else notice that when they replayed an old WNEW bit about fireworks with Jim Breuer earlier this week they edited out the word "chinks" multiple times on XM?

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA

Tax Kuntz

just being an ass
Jul 6, 2003
Parsippany, NJ
What came first, the promo for it or Opie saying it?

If the promo was made in advance, then there may be an angle.

Could be just another stupid thing to name a day of the week.:idontknow

Tomorrow is "Touch yourself Thursday"

can they say that?

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
What came first, the promo for it or Opie saying it?

If the promo was made in advance, then there may be an angle.

Could be just another stupid thing to name a day of the week.:idontknow
when erock was bitching about the sweeper opie said that tim made it very quickly about something that wasn't even mentioned on the air if i remember correctly

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
when erock was bitching about the sweeper opie said that tim made it very quickly about something that wasn't even mentioned on the air if i remember correctly
That is correct. The same intern that has been throwing together promos very quickly.

Saying something to dump out of CBS seems plausible. I guess that has to be it. How can you say something you can't say if you don't say it when it's not to be said.

So next Wednesday would be a good time to call in and sing my rendition of "My Dick's All Shitty"

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
That is correct. The same intern that has been throwing together promos very quickly.

Saying something to dump out of CBS seems plausible. I guess that has to be it. How can you say something you can't say if you don't say it when it's not to be said.

So next Wednesday would be a good time to call in and sing my rendition of "My Dick's All Shitty"
Awe, I'm a dummy. After listening to today's show again, I not only heard the bit done correctly, but someone did it by singing, "My Dick's All Shitty".

How the hell did I miss that? I stink.::hammer:

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
Sep 28, 2006
Northern VA
[This post edited because none of this could be posted.]

UsedLadBag

Your moms box.
Feb 4, 2005
Boston
I would say you do things like:

use your phone to beep yourself.

Or set up your call for something really nasty and just before the money shot, play Van Halen really loudly into the phone.

Like dat.