How exactly does Romney Care work?

boardsofcanada

You're a Charcoal Briquette..ditsoon..a moolinyan
Jun 8, 2006
I'm going to be moving to Massachusetts with my family very soon and I'm wondering exactly how this is going to affect whether or not or how I get health insurance.

I know that you have to by law purchase health insurance there if you are over 18 and you are not currently offered health insurance.
The problem is that just about every shit retail job and up i've had has offered it but the insurance they offer is unaffordable (and basically not worth a shit) for the lower wages I would be getting, so is that going to be subsidized or how exactly does that all work? I'm a college student living with my parents with a household income a little over 100K. Does that disqualify me?

Any kind of first hand knowledge and experiences with it would be great.

Aug 5, 2004
Dont move to Masshole.. problem solved

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
If you're under 26, you can go on your parents' coverage. That's probably the cheapest for you. I don't think state subsidized coverage is an option for you since your parents make over 300% of the federal poverty line.

Of course the easiest thing to do would be to not worry about insurance since you're young and presumably not ill, but that's not an option.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
work till you die to pay for over priced health care that you dont need

boardsofcanada

Jun 8, 2006
If you're under 26, you can go on your parents' coverage. That's probably the cheapest for you. I don't think state subsidized coverage is an option for you since your parents make over 300% of the federal poverty line.

Of course the easiest thing to do would be to not worry about insurance since you're young and presumably not ill, but that's not an option.
Yea I would do that if I didn't have to work. But i cannot receive insurance from them if I have a job that offers it. Most companies offer some kind of insurance if its not a small business...its just shit insurance for too much money.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Yea I would do that if I didn't have to work. But i cannot receive insurance from them if I have a job that offers it. Most companies offer some kind of insurance if its not a small business...its just shit insurance for too much money.
I think you're pretty much stuck. You'll have to buy the insurance. If you lived alone, you would qualify for subsidized coverage.

Of course you could try flying under the radar and not purchasing coverage. I don't know what enforcement mechanisms they have, but I doubt anyone would notice a young retail worker not on the rolls.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
Either cut the strings and get out on your own, or continue milking off mommy and daddy and have them pay your insurance bill each month.

boardsofcanada

Jun 8, 2006
Thanks for the responses...anyone have some experience with it personally though?

boardsofcanada

Jun 8, 2006
Well I don't think going somewhere else would solve the problem anyway since obama care is probably going to pass and the whole country will be like that.
or definitely at least in the northeast.