Scotland
Just another 5 minutes, stop fucking around back there

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
The return trip was boring.

No fun facts and blew right by the moon.

BTW, space is fucking huge.
Its like the real Mars landing, you arent supposed to come back.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis

The Mars trilogy by Kim Stanley Robinson makes this argument as well. Initially, a trip to Mars is one way simply because both ways is too much radiation. Now, you can create better shielding, but there's another problem - after an extended period on Mars your muscles and bones would atrophy because you weigh less on Mars, so returning after several years, you would probably be confined to a wheelchair. You might not even be able to keep your head up since your neck muscles wouldn't be used to that kind of weight.

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
The Mars trilogy by Kim Stanley Robinson makes this argument as well. Initially, a trip to Mars is one way simply because both ways is too much radiation. Now, you can create better shielding, but there's another problem - after an extended period on Mars your muscles and bones would atrophy because you weigh less on Mars, so returning after several years, you would probably be confined to a wheelchair. You might not even be able to keep your head up since your neck muscles wouldn't be used to that kind of weight.
So that is what happened to this fella:

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
That's why you have to hit the Mar's gym hard. Don't mind me Martian ladies, I'm just going to do a few reps on the bench press with a 1000 pounds.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
That's why you have to hit the Mar's gym hard. Don't mind me Martian ladies, I'm just going to do a few reps on the bench press with a 1000 pounds.
1000 lbs? Bro, do you even lift?