How Has Obamacare Affected You?

Floyd1977

Anytime I hear "single payer" all I think about is if the government went to their job and said "your services and time are worth x amount, and that's it, that is all you are getting paid and not a penny more" I just laugh, because that is what insurance companies do to the body shop business, you get x ammout of money to fix x thing, and that's it take it or leave it, and if you leave it some other hack will take that money.

If doctors are going to have their incomes completely dictated by the government why become a doctor?
Insurance companies do pretty much the same thing to doctors. My father complains about it constantly.

Because being a shit-paid doctor in the US is still better than being a shit tank scooper in India, or an assembly line cyborg in China.
Debatable. Those jobs don't require you to stay current. And you don't have lawyers circiling around you like sharks just waiting for you to make the slightest mistake.

Insurance companies do pretty much the same thing to doctors. My father complains about it constantly.
But if one insurance company is dogging you, you drop them and focus on clients with other insurances. Or if your reputation allows you can work cash-only. None of these are possible in a single-payer environment.

domelogic

These guys are great. Threatening to withhold money from insurances and possibly having premiums go up is really bad but actually having our premiums skyrocket (thanks Obamacare) is perfectly fine. Is a dem ever wrong?

Chuck Schumer to Trump: 'Stop playing politics with people's lives' over cost-sharing reductions

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., hit out at President Trump over his Saturday threat to withhold payments to insurers if a new healthcare bill is not approved in the near future and called on him to "stop playing politics with people's lives."

"If the President refuses to make the cost sharing reduction payments, every expert agrees that premiums will go up and health care will be more expensive for millions of Americans," Schumer said in a statement. "The president ought to stop playing politics with people's lives and health care, start leading and finally begin acting presidential."

Schumer was responding to a series of tweets from the president, who reiterated his plan to let the Affordable Care Act "implode" if no bill is passed.

The cost-sharing reductions have been a political sticking point in recent months as the administration has continued to make the payments for them despite threatening repeatedly to withhold them. The payments help subsidize insurance plans for those on the individual markets.

Experts say withholding the payments would cause premiums to skyrocket and make even more insurers leave the market altogether.

"After seven years of 'talking' Repeal & Replace, the people of our great country are still being forced to live with imploding ObamaCare!" Trump said. "If a new HealthCare Bill is not approved quickly, BAILOUTS for Insurance Companies and BAILOUTS for Members of Congress will end very soon!"

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., echoed Schumer's concerns in a tweet of her own, calling on Trump to stop the "sabotage" of the healthcare system.

"Threatening to hike Americans' premiums is inexcusable. Stop the sabotage & work with Dems!" she wrote.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., echoed Schumer's concerns in a tweet of her own, calling on Trump to stop the "sabotage" of the healthcare system.
A healthcare system that they exempted themselves from.
These cunts are despicable.

Floyd1977

These guys are great. Threatening to withhold money from insurances and possibly having premiums go up is really bad but actually having our premiums skyrocket (thanks Obamacare) is perfectly fine. Is a dem ever wrong?

Chuck Schumer to Trump: 'Stop playing politics with people's lives' over cost-sharing reductions

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., hit out at President Trump over his Saturday threat to withhold payments to insurers if a new healthcare bill is not approved in the near future and called on him to "stop playing politics with people's lives."

"If the President refuses to make the cost sharing reduction payments, every expert agrees that premiums will go up and health care will be more expensive for millions of Americans," Schumer said in a statement. "The president ought to stop playing politics with people's lives and health care, start leading and finally begin acting presidential."

Schumer was responding to a series of tweets from the president, who reiterated his plan to let the Affordable Care Act "implode" if no bill is passed.

The cost-sharing reductions have been a political sticking point in recent months as the administration has continued to make the payments for them despite threatening repeatedly to withhold them. The payments help subsidize insurance plans for those on the individual markets.

Experts say withholding the payments would cause premiums to skyrocket and make even more insurers leave the market altogether.

"After seven years of 'talking' Repeal & Replace, the people of our great country are still being forced to live with imploding ObamaCare!" Trump said. "If a new HealthCare Bill is not approved quickly, BAILOUTS for Insurance Companies and BAILOUTS for Members of Congress will end very soon!"

"Threatening to hike Americans' premiums is inexcusable. Stop the sabotage & work with Dems!" she wrote.
You could have worked with him, Chuckie. But you all refused like the little butthurt crybabies you are. You've forced him into this position. You only have yourselves to blame.

Floyd1977

Mrs. 1977 got some kind of skin infection. Got a script from her doctor for some kind of cream. Pharmacy tried to charge he $300. Was a big "Nope" from her. Guess we've got to go with Robitussin.

So prescription coverage is something we don't have anymore. Any of the Dems care about our plight and how for all intents and purposes we lost out insurance thanks to Obamacare? No, just the 23 million who didn't want to buy insurance in their first place (and it makes me wonder what the fuck they're getting out of it. If my deductibles are so high that I'm essentially uninsured for anything non-catastrophic, what good is their insurance. Why would they be dying in the streets if they didn't have it anymore)

Now I'm not a liberal who wishes death on people who anger them, but I'm pissed McCain is at the end of his career, because I'd love to see his ass get handed to him in the next election. I hope I see it with the other two pussy GOP RINO traitors.

Last edited:

lajikal

Mrs. 1977 got some kind of skin infection. Got a script from her doctor for some kind of cream. Pharmacy tried to charge he $300. Was a big "Nope" from her. Guess we've got to go with Robitussin.
This brit lady said she shops around for the generic brand that is like 1/10 of what others try charging her.

Heard insurance companies might be raising premiums soon supposedly because of fears stemming from Trump's threat to stop secure gov payments to them. LoL.

Floyd1977

Heard insurance companies might be raising premiums soon supposedly because of fears stemming from Trump's threat to stop secure gov payments to them. LoL.
Yeah, it will suck, and Trump will take it in the ass over it, (while no one, who mattered anyway, came down on Obama for skyrocketing premiums and deductibles). But, it didn't have to be this way.

Floyd1977

This damn fool again. Sad thing is that single payer healthcare is coming in the not too distant future. All the projected 2020 Democratic Party contenders are on board with this. As soon as one of them wins and gets the senate and House, our economy is destroyed and the real "dying in the streets" will essentially take hold.

Democrats want to cancel the health policies of 180 million Americans

ObamaCare falsely promised Americans they could keep their health plans, but what Democrats really had in mind is now clear: They want everyone to lose their insurance and take what government gives them instead.

That’s obvious from Bernie Sanders’ Medicare for All scheme, rolled out Wednesday with the support of the party’s chief 2020 presidential hopefuls.
ObamaCare kicked some 7 million people off their plans. But Bernie’s bill would outlaw both employer-paid health care and private insurance for individuals.

That is, more than half the country — 180 million people — would have to say good-bye to their current plans (which they’re mostly happy with) and switch to BernieCare. (Most of the other half is already on some form of government health plan.)

Think of it as medical care run by, say, Motor Vehicles. Or the Veterans Administration: Long lines. Dangerously long waits for treatment. Shoddy service. Scarce resources. Fewer choices . . .

And monster bills. Sanders & Co. won’t talk about the costs. But independent estimates put it at $1.4 trillion or more a year.

Nor do they say where that money will come from, though Sanders has floated some ideas: Raise taxes through the roof. (And if that crashes the economy, tough.)

OK, we get it: These Dems don’t like competition or free markets. They believe government should run things. Everything.

It’s why they fight to keep the government monopoly over schools. But competition (from, say, charters) has proven the better model in public education. Lawmakers should be looking for ways to boost competition — not scrap it.

As for Bernie’s offer of “free health care for all”: Why trust that after all the broken promises of ObamaCare?

domelogic

Yes but for some reason they never seem to have to
abide by all the rules they want set up for us.
Hmm now why is that? Not on our healthcare or ss and they get a pension for what life. Pretty much unlimited spending, etc. Yup they are in it for the people

KRSOne

Kimmel knows what the best healthcare is for 300 million people hes never meet.

Jimmy Kimmel Has No Moral Authority On Health Care Just Because His Son Had Heart Surgery. Here's Why.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/21330/jimmy-kimmel-has-no-moral-authority-health-care-ben-shapiro

But Kimmel didn’t stop there. Instead, he invoked his son’s health situation to suggest socialized medicine as a solution. He explained:

I am politicizing my son’s health problems, because I have to … somehow Japan and England and Canada and Germany, France, they all figured health care out, and don’t say they have terrible health care, because it’s just not true.

To ignore the health care cost and rationing problems in France and England and Canada and Germany and Japan is simply ignorant.

But Kimmel's argument is absurd on every level....

Kimmel’s invocation of his son is also absurd on a moral level: Kimmel’s son didn’t lack health care. Neither would anyone else who needed surgery at CHLA. That’s because CHLA is a charity hospital with an endowment of hundreds of millions of dollars. Emergency heart surgery is not denied to babies based on ability to pay.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
It's almost that time of the year again! When we employer-based healthcare people find out how much more money is going to be siphoned out of our paycheck for health insurance for 2018! I'm going with $25 per paycheck.

Floyd1977

It's almost that time of the year again! When we employer-based healthcare people find out how much more money is going to be siphoned out of our paycheck for health insurance for 2018! I'm going with $25 per paycheck.
Don't forget about how much your deductible is going to go up!

the max

attempted murder? now honestly, what is that?
I cringe every time I get any HR emails lately. Open enrollment is starting soon and they still haven't sent out any information. Wonder if they're just delaying the inevitable.

Stig

Make America Gay Again.
I haven't posted here in a while, so here's an update: When the ACA went into effect, I was on my wife's insurance. She worked for JP Morgan Chase and the plan was spectacular, because of a gigantic plan group size. Now we're on my plan with a 50 or so employee company, and for way more than I paid working at the same company on another tour of duty before, our coverage is absolute shit. I'll never hit my out of pocket limit, so I'm paying for insurance that covers nothing AND paying our medical bills. They need to do something to get costs down, although all of Trump's ideas just seem to make shit worse.

I haven't posted here in a while, so here's an update: When the ACA went into effect, I was on my wife's insurance. She worked for JP Morgan Chase and the plan was spectacular, because of a gigantic plan group size. Now we're on my plan with a 50 or so employee company, and for way more than I paid working at the same company on another tour of duty before, our coverage is absolute shit. I'll never hit my out of pocket limit, so I'm paying for insurance that covers nothing AND paying our medical bills. They need to do something to get costs down, although all of Trump's ideas just seem to make shit worse.
I hit it once... the year I almost cut off my thumb.

Floyd1977

Just go socked for a $500 bill for my wife's mammogram. Whatever we have doesn't even pay for preventative shit. Where's the sense in that. Isn't it just going to cost more when by the time a person realizes they're sick, their cancer has already spread. How about depressed people offing themselves because going to a shrink became too expensive.

Just go socked for a $500 bill for my wife's mammogram. Whatever we have doesn't even pay for preventative shit. Where's the sense in that. Isn't it just going to cost more when by the time a person realizes they're sick, their cancer has already spread. How about depressed people offing themselves because going to a shrink became too expensive.
Same here...plan used to cover blood tests and CPAP supplies. Now we just get "preferred rates" on both. I'll just keep using my CPAP mask until it falls apart now...or maybe stop using the thing altogether. And it's not like terrible stuff has ever been caught early with bloodwork

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
$9000 deductible, $100 a month more, 15% extra tax on Medicare, no medical deduction on taxes
Being rich is so fucking cool