How Has Obamacare Affected You?

Floyd1977

$9000 deductible, $100 a month more, 15% extra tax on Medicare, no medical deduction on taxes
Being rich is so fucking cool
Jesus. I thought mine was bad (and it is, and will probably be around that for 2018). What I don't get is that what are the people that Obamacare was supposed to help doing. What good is to them if they have deductibles like this? Democrat logic I suppose, better everyone gets screwed equally than a small percentage of people (execept the people who actually make the laws, of course).

Speaking of the Democrats, supposedly Trump is hinting that he's going to reach out to the democrats to try to come up with some kind of deal. Obviously I'm not a huge fan of the democrats, but I can't really blame Trump. Good, the GOP had every opportunity to get something done and as usual blew it. It's infuriating. Trump won by supporting GOP platforms (Strengthening borders, repeal and replace, tax reform) The have majorities in both the Senate and the House and they even had the nuclear option. McCain fucks up the healthcare vote due to a personal vendetta because he got butthurt over a stupid comment Trump made, don't hold you fucking constituency hostage because of that,

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Jesus. I thought mine was bad (and it is, and will probably be around that for 2018). What I don't get is that what are the people that Obamacare was supposed to help doing. What good is to them if they have deductibles like this? Democrat logic I suppose, better everyone gets screwed equally than a small percentage of people (execept the people who actually make the laws, of course).

Speaking of the Democrats, supposedly Trump is hinting that he's going to reach out to the democrats to try to come up with some kind of deal. Obviously I'm not a huge fan of the democrats, but I can't really blame Trump. Good, the GOP had every opportunity to get something done and as usual blew it. It's infuriating. Trump won by supporting GOP platforms (Strengthening borders, repeal and replace, tax reform) The have majorities in both the Senate and the House and they even had the nuclear option. McCain fucks up the healthcare vote due to a personal vendetta because he got butthurt over a stupid comment Trump made, don't hold you fucking constituency hostage because of that,

What I find infuriating is when i say that I get the usual answers;
Well that’s for two people! Ummmmm, we never even had a deductible before, just co-pays (which were tax deductible)
Oh well you just have a shitty plan (we have the best plan offered by my wife’s employer, a very large pharma company)
Everyone pays into Medicare (yes, and we pay in an extra 15%)
You can deduct medical expenses on your taxes (um, not every body, interestingly enough the cut off is $180k, and what is the average salary for congress? $175k...)
And my absolute favorite, Well you’re rich, you can afford it, and everyone needs to pay their fair share, unless you are on Obamacare, then I get to pay your fair share, and my fair share.

blazin

Wife's employer provided heathcare just renewed for this year, +$35 per paycheck

So that's almost a grand a year. It went up about the same last year. Total premiums now are about $6000/year and it's a shitty high deductible HSA

Who do I blame now? Still Obama, Trump, or just the Senate?

lajikal

McCain fucks up the healthcare vote due to a personal vendetta because he got butthurt over a stupid comment Trump made, don't hold you fucking constituency hostage because of that,
At the same time you shouldn't shit on a POW for being captured.. with a long family history of serving the military and then try to play the 'merica, flag, and support the troops cards a la Franko.

Floyd1977

At the same time you shouldn't shit on a POW for being captured.. with a long family history of serving the military and then try to play the 'merica, flag, and support the troops cards a la Franko.
Don't forget when he mocked a disabled reporter

#LiterallyHitler

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Fuck McCain. He gets the best coverage in the nation
while my bills get higher every fucking year.
He doesn't give a shit about the average person.

THE FEZ MAN

McCain can go to the VA

lajikal

Lol.... wrong Clinton I meant the one that was hiding in England playing saxophone and smoking pot
Well at least he didn't bullshit his way out of it. And then act like he's a big military supporter once he became prez.

THE FEZ MAN

Well at least he didn't bullshit his way out of it. And then act like he's a big military supporter once he became prez.

Oh so hiding in England on a “college deferment” isn’t draft dodging? I actually voted for the guy the first time, he was just as much of a draft dodger as trump, just admit it.... oh that’s right, trump is just evil.

lajikal

Oh so hiding in England on a “college deferment” isn’t draft dodging? I actually voted for the guy the first time, he was just as much of a draft dodger as trump, just admit it.... oh that’s right, trump is just evil.
If you're gonna dodge do it properly and leave and don't come back. If forced though i'd vote for bill over trump any day, but that's not saying much. Bill is shit for stripping US soldiers from carrying stateside. Might've prevented Fort Hood shooting down the road. Trump isn't evil, he's just a carny. Thus the need for constant bullshitting to keep his plates spinning.

click

So it looks like my monthly payment is going to go up by 150 percent. I'm done with this shit

THE FEZ MAN

So it looks like my monthly payment is going to go up by 150 percent. I'm done with this shit
I can’t figure out who actually likes this bullshit other than gimmydats and their enablers.
I had a discussion with a lefty the other day, in person, not online, when I tried to explain to the person what I was paying for government forced healthcare he refused to believe me, including our $9000 deductible and the tax increases we have to pay because of our income level, my wife and I are close to $20,000 a year if not more.
His answer “well then, you can afford that” really? I can afford $20,000 a year for something that we don’t even use?
I hope all of the people that are milking off the system are enjoying their “free doctor visits” my wife goes to the Dr, because she has high blood pressure, her “free check ups” inevitably end up costing us thousands of dollars out of our pockets for “tests” and follow up visits which don’t even apply to our deductible. It’s infuriating

Floyd1977

Was watching Fox News Sunday the other day. They had another one of these "any repeal and replace will cause the sky to fall" loudmouths on. He was talking about some quadriplegic girl who would lose her 30 dollar doctor visit copays. I'm thinking first off, that's the kind of insurance I used to have and second, what kind of magical plan did that girl get and how can I get in on that?

I can’t figure out who actually likes this bullshit other than gimmydats and their enablers.
From what I can tell it's a combination if the extremely naive and the bleeding hearts that think our little extra bit of skin is curing little Johnny's cancer. None of which is true BTW, but it would make Jimmy Kimmel cry if we replaced it with something else.

THE FEZ MAN

Was watching Fox News Sunday the other day. They had another one of these "any repeal and replace will cause the sky to fall" loudmouths on. He was talking about some quadriplegic girl who would lose her 30 dollar doctor visit copays. I'm thinking first off, that's the kind of insurance I used to have and second, what kind of magical plan did that girl get and how can I get in on that?

Same here, you want to know how much it cost me in 1996 to have a baby? 200$ a month for our health care insurance, and 25$ for the first co pay.

Last year, I had a cyst removed from my face, the fuckers wanted me to pay $900 in advance, in fucking CASH before they would even finish my intake paperwork, no check, no regular credit card, debit card or cash, oh, and they never said a word about the cash before hand (because I didn’t have to pay it anyway, we have a special credit card for that through my wife’s insurance) the check in pencil pusher starts to give me shit about it and thank god my wife was there because she shut that shit right down with her “you pick up that phone and you fix your mistake” in her very stern “My secretary makes 10x more than you, you high school cosmetology drop out” voice.
After 5 minuets on the phone the button pusher finally admitted she was wrong, what I found so irritating wasn’t the $900, it was the way she put it, like I’m some kind of fucking deadbeat, I could have paid cash for the entire job if I wanted, hell I would have prefered just giving the surgeon the money and have him do the job in his office instead of paying into the bullshit system. Oh and I just asked my wife, the bill? $10,000, oh but they negotiated it down to $6700. I was in and out of that room in less than an hour. What a fucking joke.

Floyd1977

Same here, you want to know how much it cost me in 1996 to have a baby? 200$ a month for our health care insurance, and 25$ for the first co pay.

Last year, I had a cyst removed from my face, the fuckers wanted me to pay $900 in advance, in fucking CASH before they would even finish my intake paperwork, no check, no regular credit card, debit card or cash, oh, and they never said a word about the cash before hand (because I didn’t have to pay it anyway, we have a special credit card for that through my wife’s insurance) the check in pencil pusher starts to give me shit about it and thank god my wife was there because she shut that shit right down with her “you pick up that phone and you fix your mistake” in her very stern “My secretary makes 10x more than you, you high school cosmetology drop out” voice.
After 5 minuets on the phone the button pusher finally admitted she was wrong, what I found so irritating wasn’t the $900, it was the way she put it, like I’m some kind of fucking deadbeat, I could have paid cash for the entire job if I wanted, hell I would have prefered just giving the surgeon the money and have him do the job in his office instead of paying into the bullshit system. Oh and I just asked my wife, the bill? $10,000, oh but they negotiated it down to $6700. I was in and out of that room in less than an hour. What a fucking joke.
And we're stuck with it forever.

lajikal

Federal judge refuses to order the Trump administration to resume ACA payments

A federal court judge denied the effort by California Attorney General Xavier Becerra and his counterparts in 17 other states and the District to force the Trump administration to maintain cost-sharing payments under the Affordable Care Act. (Rich Pedroncelli/AP)

By Amy Goldstein and Juliet Eilperin October 25 at 5:29 PM

A federal judge in California on Wednesday denied a request from 19 attorneys general across the country to force the Trump administration to resume funding of cost-sharing payments under the Affordable Care Act.

The ruling leaves intact President Trump’s decision earlier this month to immediately end the payments that reimburse insurers for discounts the law requires them to give lower-income customers with health plans through ACA marketplaces. The attorneys general, from 18 states and the District, were seeking a temporary order that would have maintained the funding while the rest of the case is decided.

In his decision, Judge Vince Chhabria of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California wrote that resuming the payments to insurers “would be counterproductive.”

Chhabria pointed out that most states’ insurance regulators had already prepared for a possible end to the money, by allowing companies to charge higher rates for the coming year. “Although you wouldn’t know it from reading the states’ papers in this lawsuit,” he wrote, “the truth is that most state regulators have devised responses.”

The judge did not decide the suit’s core question: whether the federal government must continue funding the cost-sharing reduction (CSR) payments without a specific congressional appropriation.

“Both sides have reasonable arguments,” Chhabria said. But, he said, “it initially appears that the Administration has the stronger legal position” because the 2010 law did not explicitly provide permanent funding for the CSR payments in the same way it did for a separate subsidy that helps people with ACA health plans afford their monthly premiums.

Floyd1977

Another $250 bill from the hospital for a preventative procedure my wife got. So we're up to about a grand to make sure she doesn't have cancer. You'd think feminists would take issue that women who have insurance still have to pay out of pocket for preventative shit like mammograms and pelvic exams.