how its made

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
any one else addicted to this show. i hate that its french canadian but eh. i love watching how stuff is built/made, another thing i think about is how shitty some of those factory jobs must be, its no wonder people go nuts working on an assembly line

MAV

Nov 23, 2005
Denver, CO
i watch it any chance i can get. it is a pretty cool show

Shpadoinkle

Jan 6, 2006
It was my favorite part of Mr. Rogers and whenever I see that its on I have to watch the whole episode. I love that stuff.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i still remember the crayola factory that mr rogers did, i cant get enough, i think if i were to become fancy man wealthy i would drive around the country just taking tours of factory's for a few years to kill some time

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
What channel is it on and when??

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
Definitely into this one, my favorite was the "Galactic Grease Monkey" segment where they profiled the folks who work on and then test fire the space shuttle's engines. Folks, that's some serious wrench twirling!

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
Definitely have a season pass on my TiVo. I love that science crap.

ImAlrightSpider

I paid $2 a month for O&A and I LIKED it!
Feb 20, 2006
Natick, MA
Those shows are great. I have noticed that sometimes the things they make are really crappy, though. I saw them make a really cheap flute (or some instrument) once, for example. I understand that it's a 10 minute segment and they are not going to spend months in a high-quality flute factory, but it was a piece of Chinese crap.

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
Love this show. I catch it whenever I can.
Discovery Channel has it on at 9am to 10am, 12pm to 1pm, 7pm to 8pm(Monday - Friday)
The Science Channel also has it but I am not sure when. I do know that on Fridays they show new episodes.

Another good show that is similar is How'd They Do That?

izzy izkowitz

Chris Hansen is my hero
May 23, 2007
I'm still pissed that they cancelled "it takes a thief" to show reruns of this show from 4 or 5 years ago. how many times can I watch how a screw or jelly bean is made? maybe they should show some new stuff, like how is a doody made?

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
Also, I forgot to mention my love for "Everything You Need To Know" and "Understanding." Although, much like Kelly Bundy, putting that much into my brain forces something else to get the boot.

I understand that it's a 10 minute segment and they are not going to spend months in a high-quality flute factory, but it was a piece of Chinese crap.
I kinda thought the same thing, but most of the episodes I've seen have had distinctly non-Chinese-looking people doing all the work. It may be that the show was filmed entirely in North America... And if so, I'm impressed that they still make all this stuff "here", as some of it is very labor-intensive.

Frankie_Ballz

wear no bag, spread the hiv
Jul 24, 2005
I always find myself zoned out watching that show, and then I think "holy fuck I am watching some guy make those little plastic swords for drinks". And that fucking music they play... annoying as all shit.

Slow Bollards

Bollards...sounds a bit rude, doesn't it?
Apr 28, 2005
SILLY-delphia!
It is usually on at the same time the wife is watching those faggoty gossip shows. If I get the chance I'll switch it to How It's Made and annoy her as much as hearing about Angelina's kneecap scrubs irks me.

Modern Marvels is also an awesome show. When I was a kid i never thought I'd set a reminder to watch a show about the history of bricks, but i have and more besides. The history of glue ruled.

Buster H

Alt-F4
Wackbag Staff
Dec 6, 2004
Lower Bucks Co, PA
In general, I like the show, but it can get annoying when you know they have skipped a step in the process and there is zero mention of it. It doesn't happen too much, but I did see it when they were showing how snowboards are made

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
i love watching this show. i especially like when they show how candy is made :) the baseball bat one or the carousel horse ones are pretty neat too. i watch pretty mucha nything on the discovery channel and the history channel. cities of the underworld is probaly my favorite

Buster H

Alt-F4
Wackbag Staff
Dec 6, 2004
Lower Bucks Co, PA
i love watching this show. i especially like when they show how candy is made :) the baseball bat one or the carousel horse ones are pretty neat too. i watch pretty mucha nything on the discovery channel and the history channel. cities of the underworld is probaly my favorite
Yeah, I'm pretty much hooked on Discovery and History channels. Also love the Discovery Science channel.

Cities of the underworld is a great show. I have my DVR set to record thw whole season. Rome was the best episode so far.

Aug 12, 2005
PA
Its a great show. I also like the one that Cliff from Cheers hosts. I think that one is on the travel channel. Stuff like that always interests me.

ianbobo

It's My Birthday!
Oct 4, 2004
South of Boston
thank god for the discovery & history channels in the summer. i can almost always find something to watch between them.

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
Yeah, I'm pretty much hooked on Discovery and History channels. Also love the Discovery Science channel.

Cities of the underworld is a great show. I have my DVR set to record thw whole season. Rome was the best episode so far.
i really liked the Paris one. My mom and I went to the catacombs not too long ago so it was cool to see that. I've been to a few of the places they went so it's cool to see all that shit. I wish i would've known about it while I was there so I could've gone exploring :)

AJellyDonut

They're paying for it, you eat it!
Dec 13, 2004
Queens, NY
I love the show but it makes me real sleepy for some reason. I think it's the music.

Buster H

Alt-F4
Wackbag Staff
Dec 6, 2004
Lower Bucks Co, PA
i really liked the Paris one. My mom and I went to the catacombs not too long ago so it was cool to see that. I've been to a few of the places they went so it's cool to see all that shit. I wish i would've known about it while I was there so I could've gone exploring :)
I thought the exact same thing about Rome. I saw the episode about a month after I got back and was pissed at some of the things I didn't even know were there. Might be going to Paris next year so I fully plan to do some homework and make sure I watch that one again beforehand.

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
Dumbest show EVER!

I watch it every time I see it on.