how to always get green lights..

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
Gotta try this... true??

[MEDIA]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8b9_1193832262[/MEDIA]

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
ummm. i call bravo siera, the "opticon" the sensor on the red light is set to detect the white strobe on the front of ambulances and firetrucks, now it may pick up the infrared signal from the remote but i doubt it

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
the guy on the video says to put 911 into the code of a universal remote, then go up to a red light and push the buttons till the light changes.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
You need to get a strobe light and set it to a certain frequency. Not all states use this system - California does and Texas does not.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I used to know the exact pattern of the lights I needed on route 18 south and what time I needed to leave to make em all to get to the shore on time with a 5 min stop for gas...I believe it was 7:35 am

I wonder if a timed strobe would work...when I had my ems officer's lamp I always got greens as well

Got One?

.....and she was a stewardess.
Aug 3, 2004
ak-ROWDY
not only that, but why would you want to use it?? the traffic coming hte ohter way is going to instantly get a red light and they ain't gonna slow down. so you're still going ot have to stop and wait for everyone else to stop.

is it tuesday already?

DanainNM

Blah Blah Blah
Jan 9, 2007
New Mexico
Isn't that the same thing as when you were little and you went poof change and after you say it enough times the light finally change?

coolyellowbus

May 4, 2005
Living in a nation of Earls
I've never once seen an actual traffic light change colors for an emergency vehicle.

btw this guy sounds like the guy who claimed you could make mountain dew glow buy adding baking soda to it.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I've never once seen an actual traffic light change colors for an emergency vehicle.

btw this guy sounds like the guy who claimed you could make mountain dew glow buy adding baking soda to it.
we had a button we pushed in the rig and the 3 lights in either direction would become a green for us outside of the house...
by law...only federal government can legally run red lights...that means Postal vehicals can run reds...fun fact!

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch

That does occur. Here in PA we have the optical sensor system. It is restricted
to emergency vehicles only. All the lights go red except for the one that is in front
of the vehicle. My son has one since he is a fire captain for a local company.
Even the regular members of the vol fire co can't use them.
I don't see a remote being able to do it. I'll say B/S on this story.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
I'm callin bravo sierra on this as well.

But I'm still going to try it :p

May 14, 2004
Bum Fuck WV
Wouldn't that cause accidents? I know when a ambulance comes through around here the light doesn't turn yellow then red, it just goes from red to green. It wouldn't help you out much if it really did work.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
A friend of mine has a device that he bought for about $250 that sits on the dash and does in fact change the lights. I rode with him and it changes all the lights to green after a couple seconds.

GoldenOne

May 17, 2007
Bridgewater, Joisey
Maybe the light just goes green at its regular time while you've been sitting there pressing the 40 different buttons on the fucking remote.

Feb 20, 2007
That does occur. Here in PA we have the optical sensor system. It is restricted
to emergency vehicles only. All the lights go red except for the one that is in front
of the vehicle. My son has one since he is a fire captain for a local company.
Even the regular members of the vol fire co can't use them.
I don't see a remote being able to do it. I'll say B/S on this story.
Is that why some of the red lights have that blinking strobe thing if you look at them from a certain angle?

H

Houndz

I would think that the range of a remote with a single LED would be less than 20ft. I call BS.

This works though. http://www.themirt.com/

Aug 27, 2002
Bensalem, PA via Souf Philly
I would think that the range of a remote with a single LED would be less than 20ft. I call BS.

This works though. http://www.themirt.com/
A "friend of a friend" had one of these things in his car for a while. He eventually got busted with it and got in a bunch of trouble.

Evidently, when you "trip" the lights to change it from red to green, a signal is sent to the dispatcher at the police station. They were looking for him for a while when he got caught with it.

I'm calling shenanigans on the video.