OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

How to Build the Best P.C.

Discussion in 'Computer and Console Gaming' started by ShooterMcGavin, Jul 11, 2011.

1. ShooterMcGavin

ShooterMcGavin Go back to your shanties.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/dream_machine_2011_how_we_created_best_pc_ever?page=0,0

More in the link.

2. Bobobie

Bobobie Registered User

I'd get something like this if I had Ant or Opie money.
    You don't need over 500Gb of digital storage space, 2Tb of HD space, three Video Cards, three $2300 Monitors, ect. to play the most hardcore game at max settings. You do need all this stuff to make an article about a ridiculously priced computer.

3. ShooterMcGavin

ShooterMcGavin Go back to your shanties.

If you already have a good monitor and a keyboard + mouse laying around, you can make a top-of-the-line machine for under $1000

At a LAN party my friend was playing Half Life 2 on a CRT

4. Mags

Mags Edgelord
    Donator

I'm ready for a rebuild.

I'm lazy so can anyone recommend the mobo, CPU vidcard combo for a screaming fast gaming PC?

I'll go for an SLI mobo but I'd rather start with a single vidcard, then when that card gets mediocre, I'll throw in a second.

I've already got a good tower with plenty of fans.

5. Token White Guy

Token White Guy Continuously Jaded

Wow, wait for Intel, EVGA, and NVIDIA to release X79 with PCI 3.0 late this year or early next year. Even though I bought a new X58 mobo, I'm saving up for a X79 rig. Faster processing, less power consumption, and better cooling. CPU, mobo, and GPUs are going to run you around $2500 together (if you SLI like I do).

6. Mags

Mags Edgelord
    Donator

Thanks TWG. Waaaaah! I don't wanna wait. But yeah, I guess what's a few more months.