How to CANCEL SiriusXM

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
If you want to protest the illegal, dishonorable, and spineless actions of SiriusXM, you can protest online. You also could cancel your subscription to the wonderful company that is SiriusXM that sticks with its employees after they have been assaulted. I would suggest doing it on TUESDAY, when Opie is meeting with SiriusXM, and clog their "support" center then. IF Opie and Jimmy can for they might still be under contract and might be able to explain what happened.

And what will happen.
*Update*
Opie & Jimmy are both still under contract and have to perform for Siriusxm starting next Monday.

https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4022/~/how-do-i-cancel-my-service?

Listener Care said:
How do I cancel my service?

We're sorry you want to cancel. Unfortunately, we can't complete cancel requests online. We'd also like to understand and resolve any issue you may have had with the service, so please call our Listener Care team at 866-635-5020. We're here to help you Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. ET and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET.

If you recently bought or leased a new car, you can apply the credit from the unused portion of your paid subscription to the cost of the subscription plan for your new vehicle. Click [URL="[url="https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3672/"here to learn how.[/url]
https://mobile.twitter.com/AnthonyCumia :
AnthonyCumia said[/QUOTE said:
@AnthonyCumia 8m
RT @TheRealDray: @AnthonyCumia is there anything fans can do?!! Petition @SiriusXM ? -Cancel? Ha

@AnthonyCumia 9m
After the wkend, I'll have a better idea of things. Fuck Sirius. I'll pop on the Compound show next week and discuss this with TOTAL FREEDOM

@AnthonyCumia 13m
RT @TedChrist: @AnthonyCumia Not suspended? Fired, so fired? -Fired, fired, so fired.

@AnthonyCumia 15m
Sirius decided to cave and fire me. Welcome to bizarro world. Fired for shit that wasn't even on the air & wasn't illegal. So, who's next?

@AnthonyCumia 48m
RT @jlsturge: @AnthonyCumia suspended? For being attacked? -Suspended? Haha, no, not quite.

@AnthonyCumia 52m
RT @Vinyl1Solution: @AnthonyCumia You shouldn't be sorry for being a victim in an assault! -Exactly. 2014

@AnthonyCumia 54m
I wouldn't apologize. I'm not sorry. Talk to you all after a great summer!

Last edited:

StrepAids

New Wackbag
Jan 23, 2006
Outside of Philly, PA
Canceling my service now. The XM rep genuinely seems like have has never heard of the show or the firing. Unfortunately I don't think many people are canceling.

george

eat my ass
Dec 20, 2004
From my experience with SiriusXM - their call centers are outsourced to India.. or some other place like that.

Plus, this is a holiday weekend. Maybe a lot fans aren't yet aware.

Mags

LDAR king
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Canceling my service now. The XM rep genuinely seems like have has never heard of the show or the firing. Unfortunately I don't think many people are canceling.
He's in India.

Nerdtacular

New Wackbag
Apr 26, 2006
Customer care tried to tell me the show is still scheduled on the platform. I told them that Anthony had been fired. Was given pro-rated credit on my 1 year contract and it took all of 6 minutes to cancel a 10 year subscription.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
On Monday, that will be a different story when the casual listener learns of what transpired.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
Customer care tried to tell me the show is still scheduled on the platform.
When I called, the girl told me Opie would still be doing the show. I'm guessing they'll just let him and Jim limp along until October and then not renew their contracts.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
The biggest thing when canceling is tell them you are recording the call or they will just keep hanging up on you when you say you want to cancel. A couple years ago when I went to cancel some subs my friends had on my account it took me 3 hrs to get them canceled. I was hung up on 18 times by everyone including supervisors. I finally said I'm trying to cancel some subs not my account I've been hung up on 18 times. I'm recording this call and if you hang up I'm reporting you to the better business bureau. Finally got them done after that

MarkOB67

Oct 4, 2004
The rep is reading to me the reason for Anthony's firing .

MarkOB67

Oct 4, 2004
Trying to convince me to stay with the service and try other channels,I said if Anthony is hired back I would resubscribe but not before then.

MarkOB67

Oct 4, 2004
Is she quoting from the press release?
He read it to me word for word,I said it was disgusting to fire someone for their opinions and he said he understood.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
The biggest thing when canceling is tell them you are recording the call or they will just keep hanging up on you when you say you want to cancel. A couple years ago when I went to cancel some subs my friends had on my account it took me 3 hrs to get them canceled. I was hung up on 18 times by everyone including supervisors. I finally said I'm trying to cancel some subs not my account I've been hung up on 18 times. I'm recording this call and if you hang up I'm reporting you to the better business bureau. Finally got them done after that
The second time you called you should have immediately said if they don't process your cancelation immediately you'll report the charges as fraudulent to your bank. This causes them much more of a headache than a bad rating at the BBB... especially since everyone knows you can buy good ratings these days.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
The second time you called you should have immediately said if they don't process your cancelation immediately you'll report the charges as fraudulent to your bank. This causes them much more of a headache than a bad rating at the BBB... especially since everyone knows you can buy good ratings these days.
Didn't think of that. Good idea. Say that you're recording the call and you'll report the charges as fraudulent to the bank

whiskeyguy

Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Didn't think of that. Good idea. Say that you're recording the call and you'll report the charges as fraudulent to the bank
At BBB it's just your word against a corporations... but your bank wants to keep you as a customer and will go to bat for you, so it's one (larger) corporation against another. And if enough people make a stink about it, they will really go after Sirius.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
At BBB it's just your word against a corporations... but your bank wants to keep you as a customer and will go to bat for you, so it's one (larger) corporation against another. And if enough people make a stink about it, they will really go after Sirius.
Well if you actually have a recording of the call and they hang up on you its not really your word vs theirs

annoyinglee

The Overlord Of Evil
Dec 18, 2005
Snake Mountain
I cancel Sirius XM about 6 years ago. When they fucked up my station i used to listen too beside of O&A.

striker

Why yes, I am an asshole, so what?
Mar 10, 2005
Colorado
In addition to cancelling the service, if your a shareholder, it's also a good idea to let Investor Relations know your unhappiness with the situation.

MikeMcDouchebag

I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years.
May 14, 2007
In the off chance you have your XM subscription charged to an AMEX card, call them and tell them that XM is not cooperating with your cancellation request. When I did that, the AMEX rep connected me to am XM rep (in the states) who still offered me the usual incentives to keep my subscription. After politely answering no to each question, she proceed to cancel my two radios. Took about five minutes.

stardog

Apr 27, 2006
Ct
Just got off the phone with SXM and cancelled my 3 radio subscriptions. I didn't have any problems and they are going to credit my account for the balance I already paid. The whole process took 15 minutes.

whiskeyguy

Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
In addition to cancelling the service, if your a shareholder, it's also a good idea to let Investor Relations know your unhappiness with the situation.
If you're a longterm shareholder, please do so before inevitably blowing your brains out.