How to fuck with a restuarant?

wetandstickyjim

Drop dead retard!
May 25, 2005
Congers, NY
So I'm part of a fund raising committee for my kids nursery school. Been doing it for my other kids for over five years. One particular place has been in business for over twenty years and have contributed for the last five ( since I have been soliciting them) and have always been very friendly and willing, usually a $50 gift cetificate towards dinner. I went by three weeks ago and noticed new owners bought the joint. The dude I spoke to was nice, took our info and said I'll talk to my partner. I remindeed him that the establishment contributed for the last five years and it would be nice to keep the name out there and bring in new families, yada yada. I went back a week later as a follow up since my calls weren't returned and met with the partner who said I need to fill out a form with the schools tax ID, purpose, etc.. . I did and hand delivered it on a Friday, he aid GREAT, expect to hear back tomorrow, Monday latest. I called Tuesday, was blown off, and then today. I got them on the phone at 3PM to a bunch of abusive "what's in it for us and why have you kept on calling us, and what will you do for me bullshit". I reminded him of the reputation they have and how much the school has appreciated their contributions the last five years which was met with another bunch of shit till I finally told him we don't need contributions from such a bunch of assholes. I'm pissed and want to launch a mini pest attack. Anyone interested in making reservations and then bailing or just calling up and asking for Vinnie or Frankie to fuck with them? PM me and I'll gladly hand over the info, just don't mention a Nursery Schol since they have the paper work and I don't need the schools name dragged into it.

Oh yeah, or how else can I fuck with them?

Love, Your Grandson Frank.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
My advice is to just spread the word through your organization and to everyone around town to not patronize the place. That'll do more than stupid pranks.

YaHearIHearMe

Yeah....Wait What?
Feb 14, 2005
Suffolk County, LI
My advice is to just spread the word through your organization and to everyone around town to not patronize the place. That'll do more than stupid pranks.
x2
that I think would be the best way to go about it.

shit on the floor
But this could work also :icon_mrgr

wetandstickyjim

Drop dead retard!
May 25, 2005
Congers, NY
I know, and it's going to happen that way as well. I'm being reactive and want to fuck with them is all. They were unprofessional douches and are taking time out of my night because I'm pissed about how they treated me, the organization I was presenting, and my time the last three weeks. They should have just said, Fella, we don't have the funds now, sorry. I would have walked away. Instead they took my time to fill out a form, get my hopes up and then be nasty. Fuck em and their time.

Cocky Fuckers.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
The "whats in it for me" attitude reminds of a certain stereotype..."whaa"

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Just spread the word and let that be it. If each parent tells someone else etc, then they'll get fucked where it really hurts - in the wallet. You want us to make phones, but what good is that when you're not actually going to see the fruits of your labor? At least spreading the word will allow you to see the effects as you'll see empty tables each time you drive by.

Why not write a letter to the editor of your local paper? Imagine how the smug satisfaction you'll feel if they print your letter? Newsday has printed many of my letters over the years and yes, it's a great a feeling, especially when people tell you that they saw it.

Mar 17, 2006
A firmly written letter to the Better Business Bureau (cced to the company) always helps.

wetandstickyjim

Drop dead retard!
May 25, 2005
Congers, NY
Trust me, people in this little community will know and I plan on fucking with them by myself for my own satisfaction. I apprecaite the feedback, you all are helping me put the rifle down and climbing off the clocktower for a while.

It's just so backwards of how I would think if I were in their shoes.

:arrrh:

wetandstickyjim

Drop dead retard!
May 25, 2005
Congers, NY
Damn straight motherfucker.

What shall I put you down for? We have the $10 for no good advice whatsoever, the $20 for thanks for the reply, or the Gold Medallion for $50 wich gives you the right to Flush, Buy, Fuck emblem?

Be dialing people, beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee dialing!

You all rock. Thanks for the suggestions, keep those cards and letters coming folks!

Love, your Grandson Frank :action-sm

thegreenninja

Alkey fan since day 1
Feb 15, 2006
Your moms box.
Why would a charitable organization fuck with the livelihood of people that work at a restaurant just because the owners don't want to donate to your cause? A letter to the editor or some shit like that I can understand, but to ultimately affect the wallets of the people that serve at the restaurant by making fake reservations and bailing is fucked up.

wetandstickyjim

Drop dead retard!
May 25, 2005
Congers, NY
Why would a charitable organization fuck with the livelihood of people that work at a restaurant just because the owners don't want to donate to your cause? A letter to the editor or some shit like that I can understand, but to ultimately affect the wallets of the people that serve at the restaurant by making fake reservations and bailing is fucked up.
Good point, Sir. And respected. I think they are doomed anyway. But you give me way to much power, or even "us". I just want to tell them they're asses. They'll find out. I just want to fuck with them is all and I figured I would search out suggestions and fodder from some folks I respect, admire, and can tell to go fuck themselves. :action-sm

XXOO Sweety.

I'm feeling better now anyway. I just take this shit to heart. Fucking assholes. They should know better. I just want them to know that, not put anyone out of a job. I respect that shit. I'm looking for donations to support a co-op nursery school for crap sake. Any idea what a teacher there makes? Two kids of mine have been through their program and are doing amazing.

Like I said, if they told me straight up, we're not interested I would have thanked them for their time and walked. Don't drag me on for weeks and then be a dick about it a week before we need an answer.

Thanks for the reply though. I realy don't mean anyone else there harm.

cigarsandscotch

Smoke and drink up.
Jan 13, 2005
Middletown NJ
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it is coming off like extortion to me. They aren't obligated to donate anything, regardlesss of what the previous owners gave. Maybe they took on a lot of loans to buy the restaurant, and were just trying to politely blow you off without telling you no, because money was tight. Then again, I'm a guy that sneers at Salvation Army bell ringers, so I may not be the best judge of charitable obligations.

cozzie

head retard
Aug 7, 2005
Norristown PA
A letter to the editor is a good idea, but bussiness owners get solicited all the time, help this organization, help this other one. You were dealing with new owners and maybe like others have said they just can't ( or don't) want to do any small advertizing.

That being said if you want to mess with them. Eat something at home then go to dinner. Eat your salad and when the main course comes take a bit or two, then say it wasn't prepared incorrectly, then say you want something different(that way they just don't reheat what you just had). When the next thing come , take a few bites and find a "hair" in your food. you should be able to get everything comped, give the waiter a $20 and laugh your ass off for wasting their time ,resourses, & some product.

thegreenninja

Alkey fan since day 1
Feb 15, 2006
Your moms box.
Good point, Sir. And respected. I think they are doomed anyway. But you give me way to much power, or even "us". I just want to tell them they're asses. They'll find out. I just want to fuck with them is all and I figured I would search out suggestions and fodder from some folks I respect, admire, and can tell to go fuck themselves. :action-sm

XXOO Sweety.

I'm feeling better now anyway. I just take this shit to heart. Fucking assholes. They should know better. I just want them to know that, not put anyone out of a job. I respect that shit. I'm looking for donations to support a co-op nursery school for crap sake. Any idea what a teacher there makes? Two kids of mine have been through their program and are doing amazing.

Like I said, if they told me straight up, we're not interested I would have thanked them for their time and walked. Don't drag me on for weeks and then be a dick about it a week before we need an answer.

Thanks for the reply though. I realy don't mean anyone else there harm.
It's good that you thought better of it. People would have been scheduled to work to take care of your reservation, only to lose money when nobody showed up.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Most restaurants fail in the first year of their business. Firebomb the fuckers.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
So I'm part of a fund raising committee for my kids nursery school. Been doing it for my other kids for over five years. One particular place has been in business for over twenty years and have contributed for the last five ( since I have been soliciting them) and have always been very friendly and willing, usually a $50 gift cetificate towards dinner. I went by three weeks ago and noticed new owners bought the joint. The dude I spoke to was nice, took our info and said I'll talk to my partner. I remindeed him that the establishment contributed for the last five years and it would be nice to keep the name out there and bring in new families, yada yada. I went back a week later as a follow up since my calls weren't returned and met with the partner who said I need to fill out a form with the schools tax ID, purpose, etc.. . I did and hand delivered it on a Friday, he aid GREAT, expect to hear back tomorrow, Monday latest. I called Tuesday, was blown off, and then today. I got them on the phone at 3PM to a bunch of abusive "what's in it for us and why have you kept on calling us, and what will you do for me bullshit". I reminded him of the reputation they have and how much the school has appreciated their contributions the last five years which was met with another bunch of shit till I finally told him we don't need contributions from such a bunch of assholes. I'm pissed and want to launch a mini pest attack. Anyone interested in making reservations and then bailing or just calling up and asking for Vinnie or Frankie to fuck with them? PM me and I'll gladly hand over the info, just don't mention a Nursery Schol since they have the paper work and I don't need the schools name dragged into it.

Oh yeah, or how else can I fuck with them?

Love, Your Grandson Frank.
Just my .02 ( not that it matters ) i have been running my bussiness for over 4 years now. You would be surprised how many people come by for donations, solisitations or jus for advertising. Its annoying. At the first of every month i get the "I can save you money on your credit card machine" phone call from at least 5 different companies. It wears thin after a while.

They probably could have been alot more candid, or less rude about the situation.

If there is something i dont want to do, or be apart of i just say " I apprecate you thinking of our company, but im just goint to have to pass." Gets the point across without being rude. I understand the person soliciting has a job to do, and its not easy to cold call or telemarket. Why should i make their day any tougher than it already is. I

A firmly written letter to the Better Business Bureau (cced to the company) always helps.
Now this is rude just because someone didnt want to donate, besides not everyone is a memeber of the BBB so it wouldnt matter.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it is coming off like extortion to me. They aren't obligated to donate anything, regardlesss of what the previous owners gave. Maybe they took on a lot of loans to buy the restaurant, and were just trying to politely blow you off without telling you no, because money was tight. Then again, I'm a guy that sneers at Salvation Army bell ringers, so I may not be the best judge of charitable obligations.
Good point.
Good point.

Mar 17, 2006
Now this is rude just because someone didnt want to donate, besides not everyone is a memeber of the BBB so it wouldnt matter.
Full disclosure:

I didn't read the whole post. I thought he was just looking for ways to get back at a restaurant, but I didn't read as to what they did.

I sound like a douchebag. If they didn't want to donate to charity, that's their prerogative. They could've been nicer about it, but it's nothing worth screwing their business over. Just don't patronize them anymore.

Dopie Opie

Oct 22, 2004
I have been on both sides and understand your issue. As a matter of fact I am on the board of directors for a charity and my wife sits on the board of our local nursery school. I feel your pain.

I am also a businessman and know what it is like to get solicited by everyone and their mother. There is a big difference.

THIS IS A LOCAL NON PROFIT NOT SOME CREDIT CARD PROCESSING COMPANY.

Even if the guy is on the balls of his ass it would be good for his business.

A $50 gift certificate really will cost him abou $15 in cost and the diners always spend more. He is also getting exposure for his place WITHIN THE COMMUNITY.

This guy is obviously an idiot and a stupid business man. He is doomed to fail and you should sit back and laugh.

If the fundraising campaign is still open I would approach the guy and explain to him all the good will it creates being a new owner in our community. You are not asking for a cash donation or even for him to buy advertising.

Even places like Applebees and The Outback will always donate gift cards and food for local charity events.

This is why local, mom and pop restaurants fail. They are too short sighted and feel that everyone is trying to shake them down

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
ive also been on both sides of the coin here. i always give, xmass balls to anyone that asks for them. but i insist that i get some advertising on on some thing associated with the event, i only give xmass balls, they are the biggest profit margin for me. i never give auto associated stuff away because it cost me too much money. recently my wife was rebuffed at a local restaurant, she was given the same line "every one keeps hitting us up for gift certificates" it does get old after a while, one year i ended up giving at least 2 or 3 dozen balls away 6 at a time