How to respond to a racist joke

Joe Avezzano

Jul 9, 2006
I didn't get in before the crash - what was it about?

MAV

Nov 23, 2005
Denver, CO
WOW!!

whenever i hear a racist joke im just gonna tell em what i learned from that site!!!

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /2007/07/31/how-to-respond-to-a-racist-joke/ on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

oh....and

:action-sm

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Mar 2, 2005
chicago
why do mexicans lean into the middle of thier cars?

they think that smell is coming from the outside

Joe Avezzano

Jul 9, 2006
why do mexicans lean into the middle of thier cars?

they think that smell is coming from the outside
Why do they drive cars with tiny steering wheels?

Why do they prefer lowriders?

(Some old ones from 8th grade...)

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
so they can drive with handcuffs on.

Whats a small spanish person? A Speck.

I said something kinda racist in front of Dru Boogie, I felt shame. Sorry DB.

Lunchbox420

The Kenny Powers of Wackbag
Mar 6, 2007
Co-worker: Did you hear that Angelina Jolie adopted another kid, this time from Vietnam?

You: Oh really?

Co-worker: Yeah. The poor kid probably doesn’t even know he’s Asian yet. He certainly doesn’t know he’s going to be a horrible driver. Or that he’s going to be amazing at doing nails. He has no idea! [Laughs heartily.]

You: [Look perplexed.] Sorry, I don’t get it.

Co-worker: What do you mean?

You: I guess I’m missing something. Why is that funny?

Co-worker: [Looks embarrassed.] Um, well you know how people say that Asians are bad drivers. And a lot of people who work at nail salons are Asian.

You: But those are just stereotypes, aren’t they?

Co-worker: Well, all stereotypes have some truth to them.

You: So you actually believe that all Asians are bad drivers and are good at doing nails?

Co-worker: No, no, it’s just… Never mind.

Wow what great advice.

She points out this little censoring goal at the end of her article:

(By the way, the joke I used in this scenario is an actual joke told recently on The Letterman Show by a comedian named Chelsea Handler. Of course, nobody on the show bothered to point out how racist it was.)

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY
I don't know how to respond...But I know how one start's...the ol' look over the sholder

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i love people that feel the need to comment on my off colornes i usually just attack them, and point out the flaws in there thinking and tell them to prove me wrong. i will admit though that ive tried to consciously curtail my gruff language, i was recently at an event were i dropped an F bomb and i thought that a few of the people there were going to lynch me, i think me drinking heavily and smelling like burnt leaves didnt help either, im going to bet that we dont get invited back, which wont bother me a bit, i dont need those kind of people