HTN: Indian schoolgirl attempts suicide after being paraded naked by teacher for 'stealing' £15

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Indian schoolgirl attempts suicide after being paraded naked by teacher for 'stealing' £15

The scale of cruelty and corporal punishment in Indian schools was highlighted yesterday by the attempted suicide of 13 year girl who was paraded naked by a teacher for 'stealing' £15.

By Dean Nelson in New Delhi 3:01PM GMT 23 Nov 2012

The girl was forced to remove her clothes by a female teacher at a school in north-west Delhi after being accused of stealing money and a mobile phone from a classmate. She returned home after school and jumped off the balcony of her four-storey block of flats. Her relatives said she had been distraught by her public humiliation.

Her case emerged amid a series of reports of brutal attacks on children by teachers throughout India. A four year old boy was forced to drink his own urine by his nursery teacher in Andhra Pradesh to punish him for wetting himself. A five year old boy in the same state was beaten up by a grammar school principal, while a seven year old Dalit girl was thrashed by her mathematics teacher for failing to solve a problem. A teacher was arrested in Madhya Pradesh for partially scalping an eight year old girl .

Colin Gonsolves, director of India's Human Rights Law Network, said while corporal punishment in schools is illegal it remains widespread.

"In practice we are still beating our children in our schools It doesn't just include beating the child, we have witnessed cases of sexual abuse, mental harassment and long term psychological traumas in many children. As far as the schooling system is concerned we are still living in dark ages and acting as an uncivilised and backward society," he said.

The problem continues, he said, because many parents and police officers do not consider it wrong for a teacher to beat a child. "they think its been done for the betterment of the child." he said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...paraded-naked-by-teacher-for-stealing-15.html

afternoonquil

Apology Ostrich
Apr 2, 2011
If that was me I'd let that fagit teacher have a left hook followed by a swift Punjab.

I'll grab my stuff on the way out.

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
May 16, 2007
Chicago
I'm guessing that no one over there actually cares about the girl's welfare. They don't even say what condition she's in. I have to assume she survived the 4 story leap. Then again, four stories in India's poorer sections can be anywhere between 7 and 45 feet.

I'd still like to see the video. Pixelated, of course. :greyalien:

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
They really don't give a shit about the girls in India. Kind of like China, really.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Sounds like India has the right idea. If this shit was happening in my school I never would have missed a day.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
I'm guessing that no one over there actually cares about the girl's welfare. They don't even say what condition she's in. I have to assume she survived the 4 story leap. Then again, four stories in India's poorer sections can be anywhere between 7 and 45 feet.

I'd still like to see the video. Pixelated, of course. :greyalien:
Yeah, she died in the hospital. For the better, 99% of the time anything 30ft+ freefall you're fucked one way or another.
http://m.timesofindia.com/city/delh...irl-dies-in-hospital/articleshow/17365759.cms

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys