HTN: Teacher student sex...this one has a twist.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Plano ISD Teacher Says Not All "Sex With Student" Stories Should Be Treated Equally

By Robert Wilonsky Thu., Jun. 23 2011 at 8:19 AM

It would appear that Robert Lange, a social studies teacher at Williams High School in Plano, is well-liked by his students; one writes that he was "was the coolest teacher I have ever had." And not so long ago he was awarded cash money for having been named a finalist for the H.E.B. Excellence in Education Award. But at the moment, Lange, who's had a Texas teacher certificate since '79, isn't allowed to teach any longer: His credentials were revoked by the State Board for Educator Certification on April 8 following the August 2010 recommendation of an administrative law judge. The reason: Lange had sex with a student during winter break '07-'08.

But that is not the whole story, according to a legal doc posted on Courthouse News -- far from. Lange is taking on the state board in Travis County District Court, hoping to get his credentials back, because, he says, first off, the student was 18 when the consensual encounters took place with the student identified only as "CS." And he wasn't her teacher -- matter of fact, she wasn't even a Plano ISD student, but a senior in the Mesquite Independent School District. That's a whole 'nother county. And one in which Lange's never been a teacher. From the complaint:
The sexual encounters did not occur on school property. They occurred in a martial arts studio on private property. The sexual encounters did not occur during school time. They occurred in late December and early January when school was not in session. The sexual encounters did not occur directly or indirectly within the context of any school activity. CS received no extra credit for her participation in the martial arts program. At the time of the sexual encounters in question, CS was an adult, 18 years of age, acting on her own volition, admittedly instigating the two sexual encounters.​
Lange wants another hearing. And he wants his job back.
It'll be interesting to see how this goes down.

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
The man does have a point but how is a 60 something year old guy getting an 18yr old? I think animal house comes to mind

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
People are asswipes with their zero tolerance policies. So, you cannot fuck an adult if they also happen to be a student somewhere.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
I hope he takes it to them good.

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
Dec 28, 2008
Constant sate of misery
I can see why they would do this. But it is two consenting adults, and the school overstepped it's bounds. I would like to hear the 18-year-old's father's thoughts on this whole situation.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
The term "servitude" comes to mind. The same reason that enlisted men or woman are not allowed to fuck officers in the military...despite the fact it happened all the time when I was in the USAF, and nobody cared until somebody got butt hurt and went to command.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
We had some shenanigans here... A male teacher was putting the wood to an underage female student. He's now in prison.

Two other teachers knew about it and kept quiet and were summarily fired. However, the teachers union stepped in and got them their jobs back.

caniseeyourtaint

Passive agressive douche
Feb 26, 2004
Ocean County, NJ
A friend of mine was a gym teacher in NJ and was dating a student who was of legal age. Her parents knew of it and approved. He got caught by the school and spent almost 2 years in prison. Had he not been a teacher it wouldn't have been an issue but the whole position of power thing cost him his career and 2 years of his life. I can see losing his job but prison? Really? For something that in any other instance wouldn't have been a crime except for his job. Meanwhile hot chick teachers banging 14 year old students get probation. Go figure.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
The term "servitude" comes to mind. The same reason that enlisted men or woman are not allowed to fuck officers in the military...despite the fact it happened all the time when I was in the USAF, and nobody cared until somebody got butt hurt and went to command.
You can't put the same standards of rank and file on civilians, though. 18 is the age of consent, period. Now, if the school district wants to impose decency standards among it's employees, that's a different story. The law shouldn't be involved as long as law's aren't being broken.

In other news I live like 5 miles from this school. I used to date a chick who's little brothers went there.

It's not a "real" high school. That school district has Jr Highs like everyone else, but they also have "Junior" High Schools (9-10th grade) and "Senior" High Schools (11-12). Williams is a 9-10th "Junior" HS. So this guy was sleeping with a senior from Mesquite ISD which is like 15 miles away, and he didn't even teach in a school that covered the same age group as the student. He could only have taught 9th and 10th grades.