Hurricane Dorian to Exterminate Life in Florida (or '2019 Hurricane Thread' if it misses us)

Hurricane Dorian Slips Past Puerto Rico, Heads to Florida
By Brian K Sullivan , Will Wade , and Marvin G Perez
August 27, 2019, 8:54 AM EDT
Updated on August 28, 2019, 7:58 PM EDT

Dorian is set to be the first major hurricane to slam into Florida’s east coast in 15 years. It reached St. Croix and St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands Wednesday afternoon, according to the U.S. National Hurricane Center in Miami, and is expected to stay over the water, gaining strength in its northwest march toward Florida.

“Really anybody from Miami to Myrtle Beach has to be on guard for this,” said Jake Sojda, a meteorologist with AccuWeather Inc. in State College, Pennsylvania.

While the official forecast has Dorian reaching Category 3 strength, Ryan Truchelut, president of Weather Tiger LLC in Tallahassee, Florida, said it could grow stronger as it approaches central or southern Florida early next week.

“I am looking at the environment that this is going to be in, and I don’t see what is going to limit it to just a Category 3,” Truchelut said by telephone. “A Category 3 is probably a fairly conservative estimate at this point.”

Once it gets north of the islands, “all indications are it will go through at least one period of rapid intensification over the next two days, and be a major hurricane by the end of the week,” said Jeff Masters, co-founder of Weather Underground, an IBM business.
A Category 5 just prior to landfall now the most likely scenario according to the hurricane-specialized forecast model HWRF:eek::

Latest Technical Discussion: http://tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/data/raw/wt/wtnt45.knhc.tcd.at5.txt
AP Florida Wire: https://www.apnews.com/state-Florida

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Waiting for the "Florida deserves it since they voted Trump!" banter. Had to deal with that crap with Florence.

Hope all your PS4's are safe down there.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Why don't they just burn the painting?

click

Why don't they just burn the painting?
That's the first thing I thought of too. The Picture of Dorian Gray.
Also reminds me of a Night Gallery episode

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
This cocksucker better not turn north. I was going to be in Virginia Beach from the 6th through 10th.

LiddyRules

Johny Charro Card Holder #1

BIV

A tree right through her head...

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Fuck this shit. People are mobbing gas stations already and this shit won't be here until Monday.

BIV

Fuck this shit. People are mobbing gas stations already and this shit won't be here until Monday.
It's like Christmas shopping. Every time it's earlier to beat the rush.

domelogic

Will it get that dumb bitch with the ridiculous hats? Or the sheriff from the parkland tragedy. One can dream