Hurricane Dorian to Exterminate Life in Florida (or '2019 Hurricane Thread' if it misses us)

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
It's now looking like the storm is going to turn north and ride up the Atlantic side instead of crossing the state.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
It may miss Florida, but (per the American Weather boards), it could be a cat 4 nearly stationary for about 28-36 hours right on top of Freeport in the Bahamas. That would pretty much wipe them and other islands out, if that were to happen.

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
It may miss Florida, but (per the American Weather boards), it could be a cat 4 nearly stationary for about 28-36 hours right on top of Freeport in the Bahamas. That would pretty much wipe them and other islands out, if that were to happen.
I'm happy I was able to experience the SLS at Ba Ha Mar be4 the destruction of it.

Shouldn't predicting a hurricane be easier than predicting global weather patterns by a factor of 1,000,000?

domelogic

It is now 180 mph winds with gust of 225 mph. 20-30 inches of rain plus storm surge. Freeport and Great Abaco we hardly knew ye

That is not one to ride out but on an island where do you go?

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
Everyone........is..........going..........to...........die.

lajikal

Using this site I do not see the high winds you people are yapping aboot.
Wow. Total wx noob. Do you even dropsonde?

NHC uses reduction from the mean boundary layer and lowest 150 m of the [sondes]. Those only supported 118 and 125 kt respectively.