Hurricane Dorian to Exterminate Life in Florida (or '2019 Hurricane Thread' if it misses us)

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Two gas stations near me already out of gas. The others around it had lines of cars going out to the main road. Picked up a generator yesterday...and now they can't keep them...and bottled water...and gas cans...in stock.

Did confirm that my flood insurance and wind/hail insurance is valid, so bring it on.

We evacuated with Florence. This one, we likely won't since we'll likely see minimal hurricane conditions.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Explain to me why that person is actually there to record that.

Is this one of those "And that's the last we ever saw of him..." type things?
He was going to drive to Florida but his car broke down.

MurphCO

Enough of this palaver
Donator
Explain to me why that person is actually there to record that.

Is this one of those "And that's the last we ever saw of him..." type things?

I don’t think they have anywhere to go....I think that will come out as part of the overall story though, what is the “plan” for these people when these things hit, is there an evacuation?

I saw a plane with shelter animals being offloaded in Miami, so the answer is yes I think some people choose to ride it out and suffer the consequences

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Just saw video of the Bahamas. Jesus Christ people, clean up after yourselves. Fucking slobs.

MurphCO

Enough of this palaver
Donator
Just saw video of the Bahamas. Jesus Christ people, clean up after yourselves. Fucking slobs.

We need to send those oldern fashioned sticks with a nail in the end for trash pickup

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
I'll be riding this one out...should only be a category 1 by the time it gets to me on Thursday.

Maybe if I'm lucky, Trump will come to my town and toss me a roll of paper towels.

I'll be riding this one out...should only be a category 1 by the time it gets to me on Thursday.

Maybe if I'm lucky, Trump will come to my town and toss me a roll of paper towels.

You'll be luckier if it's toilet paper

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
I like how someone was trying to create a story that didn't exist by saying there
were dead bodies floating all over the place. Mean while, the actual death toll
stands at 5 people.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
20 Bahamians now dead.

For the record, so far, Dorian is less deadly than a fishing boat.

Last edited:

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Things are gonna get a bit windy in my neck of the woods tomorrow.

I brought everything in from outside, with the exception of my damn Nest outdoor cams. They dont just unplug since I have them run into the attic, but theres no way that magnet is going to hold in 130mph gusts.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Related note...for those that don't know, Surfchex is a great resource for checking out beach webcams.

http://surfchex.com

Not alot can be seen tonight, and the Folly Beach, SC cams are down and out (probably power outage). I live about 2 miles from the Carolina Beach cam. And I think the Frying Pan Shoals webcam (with the American flag that was all tattered last year from Florence) is also up.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Related note...for those that don't know, Surfchex is a great resource for checking out beach webcams.

Not alot can be seen tonight, and the Folly Beach, SC cams are down and out (probably power outage). I live about 2 miles from the Carolina Beach cam. And I think the Frying Pan Shoals webcam (with the American flag that was all tattered last year from Florence) is also up.
Thoughts and prayers.

Thoughts and prayers. :action-sm

Good luck, bro

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
My area has lucked out pretty well so far. North Wilmington got about 6 inches of rain and two tornadoes out of one neverending rain band today. I've had about 90 mins worth of heavy rain, that's about it. That'll probably change if I get on the northwest side of the eyewall.

Wind is starting to pick up now. So far, not really as bad as Hurricane Matthew from 2016, which took an almost identical path. We'll see later on though.