Husband Killed Wife while on phone with Cops, over Suspected Affair

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) -- Police say a man who killed his wife and himself Monday suspected her of infidelity, carefully plotting for months before confronting her in their Fairfield home.

Police released dramatic 911 calls Wednesday in which a panicked Rita Joyce begs for help but is shot while on the phone with a dispatcher.

First she says her husband has a gun, then asks police to please come when a dispatcher calls back seconds later.

The call ends with a loud bang that police believe was a gun shot that killed the 52-year-old.

Police say they arrived within three minutes of the first call and found Joyce dead along with her husband, 56-year-old Jonathan Brookner.

Within minutes of the shooting, he sent a rambling e-mail to friends explaining his suspicions and that he planned to kill his wife.

rustytrombone1

May 26, 2005
Connecticut
an excerpt from his last employee review:.... good planner and effective communication skills......

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Police released dramatic 911 calls Wednesday in which a panicked Rita Joyce...dead along with her husband, 56-year-old Jonathan Brookner.
So, was she one of those cunts that refuses to take her husband's surname?

All I can say is that it's always best to not cheat on your spouse. I can't blame him for doing what he did but it's something he didn't have to do. I don't think it's something I could say is right or wrong since the chick knows not to fuck other people. That's kind of what the whole marriage thing is all about.

Oh well. Shit happens.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
Firearm in hand > phone.
what??? you mean that the police cant magically transport themselves through the phone lines and materialize in front of the bad guy for you? holy shit..... ive been lied too all these years

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
Firearm in hand > phone.
what??? you mean that the police cant magically transport themselves through the phone lines and materialize in front of the bad guy for you? holy shit..... ive been lied too all these years
Good job n0zzle, you managed to crush the poor fellas reality. You, sir, should be ashamed of yourself.:mad4: