HVAC fun - Duct flood

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
Feb 18, 2005
in a house
Yup, that's what I get to do tonight. Yay me!

I live in central Ohio, I live on a slab, I wish I lived elsewhere right now.

Actually, I know a lot of people around central Ohio have it a lot worse (losing entire houses, cars, etc.) but it still sucks. I guess it could freeze, then that would really suck!

anyway, here are the pix of my mess for the night.

they are safe for work... just large pix, hence the tags.

[nsfw]

The cover of the duct distribution area off.

The distribution area... flooded

Me handy utility/sump pump

Me pump submerged.

Closeup of the pump

[/nsfw]

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Flooding's a bitch. Good luck and I mean that.
The rain lately has been unending. I haven't
had a problem in my house but my yard is a
fucking swamp.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
Flooding's a bitch. Good luck and I mean that.
The rain lately has been unending. I haven't
had a problem in my house but my yard is a
fucking swamp.
x2

my neighbor has lost a tree, and my front yard is like a shit filled swamp

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Good luck. Getting this much rain does suck ass. Lots of small roads were flodded in my area when I was out late last night. Our yard is as swamp, and has been most of the winter because it's been so wet. The only times it was solid was because it was frozen.

We don't get any rainwater inside. Our crawlspace is always bone-dry. But, I am gonna install a sump pump anyway. If the water heater or a pipe blows, I want to be prepared.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
Good luck. Getting this much rain does suck ass. Lots of small roads were flodded in my area when I was out late last night. Our yard is as swamp, and has been most of the winter because it's been so wet. The only times it was solid was because it was frozen.

We don't get any rainwater inside. Our crawlspace is always bone-dry. But, I am gonna install a sump pump anyway. If the water heater or a pipe blows, I want to be prepared.
french drain system is the way to go...its just gonna suck for you because your basement is finished. i will always have one in my house. if its a real wet area mine will have 2 pumps

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
french drain system is the way to go...its just gonna suck for you because your basement is finished. i will always have one in my house. if its a real wet area mine will have 2 pumps
sump pumps lil cheaper tat...
french drain = boku bucks... trust me i put em in... one of the most expensive jobs i do.

Where the hell you been anyways?:icon_mad:

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
Feb 18, 2005
in a house
Sincere thanks for all the well wishes!

It's an hour in and I am down to about 1/2"... and I am using an 1100Gph pump. I can't imagine that math is right, but it's been goin the entire time.

Sounds like everyone else has swamp yards too. This shit is relentless.

More rain tomorrow and Saturday... I might as well leave that sucker in there, just to save time when it happens tomorrow.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Our house is a split-level. The crawlspace is under 1/2 of the house. It's below-grade, but only because the grade was built up around that 1/2 when the house was built. It really was a dumb idea if you ask me.

I'm gonna borrow my old man's Bosch rotary hammerdrill and bust up a small (12" x12") area of the cement in the crawlspace, dig it out, sink a bucket in there, and mix up a little cement to smooth it out. I just gotta drop in a sump pump, run some PVC, and plug it in. The outlet is there already.