Hydrating, hangover-free Beer

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Boffins brew up hydrating beer

A COLD beer at the end of a long hot day is set to become even more refreshing after researchers at a Queensland university improved the hydrating effects of the amber fluid.

While sipping a frosty ale when the temperature is scorching is an Australian tradition, the practice is often counter-productive as the alcohol content increases dehydration.

The consumption of alcohol while dehydrated is also known to increase drunkenness, leading to the possibility of risky behaviour and, of course, the dreaded hangover.

But nutrition researchers at Griffith University's Health Institute believe they've found the way to enjoy a beer and keep your fluid levels in check.
The institute manipulated the electrolyte levels of two commercial beers, one regular strength and one light, before giving them to people who had just been undertaking rigorous exercise.
http://theaustralian.com.au/news/br...rehydrating-beer/story-fn3dxiwe-1226698506887

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
The institute manipulated the electrolyte levels of two commercial beers, one regular strength and one light,
I split a beer atom once.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Beer doesn't make me hungover. It just makes me feel bloated and watery. If I feel hungover, it's because of hard liquor or hard liquor + beer (with an emphasis on the hard liquor, where you think beer is a nice palate cleanser, but it just makes you feel icky).

Foggy

I'm wasting my life here
Donator
Dec 18, 2012
Straya cunt
If we have beer that can be drunk without or in lieu of water... wow. See ya later, water bill!