i bought a fucking duck

Haeder

South Dakota
and got another one.... I'm going to hell. thats 4 in two weeks, three with the bullet and one that got zapped, three full sized coons and one baby, i have decided i have a coon problem. i know that I'm "baiting" them in with the chickens but, fuck coons, stay the hell out of my yard, since i took my new day job i have not had the time to bury the fence around the fence so fuck it. its easter to trap the vermin and just shoot them. what is kind of creepy is how "passive' they are in the cage, I've only had one be mean in the cage, they just kind of look at me while I'm pointing the gun at them i kick the cage and they put there heads down kind of like isis prisoners, then boink, flip flop dead,,,,, ground hogs go nuts and attack the business end of the pistol they are more madder.

they flop around a good bit, i might step up the game to my 9mm. i would rather they just shut off, the flopping is a tad disturbing, I've gotten into the habit of just popping them and walking away briskly so i don't have to listen to the sound of the cage rattling. so far I'm about 6 coons in, over two years. i don't like it. but, they have no predators (well i guess I'm a predator)

yes, I'm getting old and soft, every time i shoot one i say "may god have mercy on my soul" I'm an atheist, i really am. but, i don't like killing things any more. watching my dad die, and putting three dogs down, has turned me into a fucking pussy, but, i do like my chickens, the coons are just being coons, but fuck you coons, they are my chickens, i know there is no god, i know I'm not going to hell, but i am a gambler, and raised catholic, best to hedge my bets, confess my sins.
Raccoons. I have killed more than my share of 'em. .22 hollow point between the eyes is the quickest and easiest way. Smashing the head with a blunt object works too and doesn't damage the fur. Gotta hit 'em harder than you might think or it'll take multiple whacks.

Find a fur buyer in your area and you'll probably get about $20 per coon in the winter months.

Stig

we do have a couple of cats running around, i know at least one of them is a pet, the other two I'm not sure of so i don't want to have an accidental catch that results in death, i thought about using a conabear neck snapper but one big enough to kill a coon will also do a number on my arm so the "have a heart" is my best option, then the ol .22 to the brain is working well. I'm actually baiting them with eggs they just can't resist them.
How about just wiring up the havahart with house current from an old extension cord?

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
and, bagged another one, this one was fucking mean, i was going to let bob whack it but when i went to pick up the cage to move it out of the neighbors sight line he went nuts in the trap and started snarling and barking at me, well i wasn't having any of that, oh and i just winged him on my first shot (yes i missed shooting a caged animal, well didn't actually miss but just pissed him off more) got him on the second one but it wasn't a nice brain shot so he flopped around a good bit and bled out, now i have a puddle of coon blood in the yard, and i got the obligatory "fuck em" from bob, ahhhh i do love that woman.

THE FEZ MAN

Killed my cock by accident
, we had a spare cock bird I've wanted to make soup out of him for weeks because he would not stop crowing incessantly I put a collar on him like the one I have on my other cock bird to quiet him down, but it didn't work so I added another one, apparently it was too tight and it choked him out, I feel bad because it was such a waste I wanted to chop his head off weeks ago but the wife didn't want me too. I'm such a pussy because I feel very bad about it. Poor chubby cupcakes I just hope he didn't suffer too much but I'm sure he did

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Rosters need to stand up to do their cuckolding thing. A milk crate over the top of them shuts them the hell up.

THE FEZ MAN

http://nocrowroostercollars.com/

This is what I have on George and it works great , but I had to add an extra, apparently adding the extra one to chubby was just too much, I really wish I had just chopped his head off.

THE FEZ MAN

well, lost another chicken some time today, i came home from my errands this morning and went out to check on the flock... and one of the "things" was dead, it was quite stiff but didn't look like it had any obvious trauma and it was laying in the middle of the coop under the roosting pole, I'm thinking that it just dropped dead. it happens, but i still feel a little twinge of grumpy about it. I'm not going to get anymore for the time being.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Raccoons. I have killed more than my share of 'em. .22 hollow point between the eyes is the quickest and easiest way. Smashing the head with a blunt object works too and doesn't damage the fur. Gotta hit 'em harder than you might think or it'll take multiple whacks.

Find a fur buyer in your area and you'll probably get about $20 per coon in the winter months.
Had to shoot a few when I had my house on Long Island. Yep, holla point .22s work great. I had a good system: a garbage can with and empty tuna can in it, propped on a 45° angle pointing up at my 2nd story deck. Up on the deck I had the scoped .22 and on of them 500 watt construction lights. At dusk I'd just go out there with a beer and wait. Never got to finish the beer. They'd arrive promptly and oh boy did they freeze when that light came on.
Got one clean through the mouth once. Good times.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Wife just filled the incubator with duck and chicken eggs.

THE FEZ MAN

I was thinking of doing that but my wife is Afrade we are going to get stuck with a bunch of ducks we can't keep. My cock collar isn't working as well since my wife took the extra one off George (it was choking him one morning and she took it off) now I'm concerned with putting the extra one on since I already killed one cock

THE FEZ MAN

Wife just filled the incubator with duck and chicken eggs.
Oh and please keep us, well, me, updated I'm really curious how this works out. How many eggs did you put in, what ratio duck to chicken how long were they sitting before you put them in... You know science shit

gleet

Oh and please keep us, well, me, updated I'm really curious how this works out. How many eggs did you put in, what ratio duck to chicken how long were they sitting before you put them in... You know science shit
She says 7 ducks, over 30 chickens. I have my doubts on the ducks because we found them in three piles in an out of the way spot and don't know how many freezing nights they had. Put them in the racks, pour in warm water up to the line, fire it up and the turner slowly goes back and forth with a nice whine even I can hear over my tinnitus. Some time next week we may or may not candle them to see who is fertile, or we'll wait and toss the ones that don't hatch.

I think she made a bit of a faux pas by starting them all at once. I say put in the ducks and a week later put in the chickens so they all hatch at the same time. But it will work out. We usually are happy with 50% hatch rate.

THE FEZ MAN

She says 7 ducks, over 30 chickens. I have my doubts on the ducks because we found them in three piles in an out of the way spot and don't know how many freezing nights they had. Put them in the racks, pour in warm water up to the line, fire it up and the turner slowly goes back and forth with a nice whine even I can hear over my tinnitus. Some time next week we may or may not candle them to see who is fertile, or we'll wait and toss the ones that don't hatch.

I think she made a bit of a faux pas by starting them all at once. I say put in the ducks and a week later put in the chickens so they all hatch at the same time. But it will work out. We usually are happy with 50% hatch rate.
wow thats a big incubator, I've got 18 duck eggs but I'm not sure if any of them will hatch if i tried to incubate them, the ducks have been cooped up and they mostly do the deed in there little pond. george on the other hand is banging all his bitches all the time. we are still baffled about what killed thing 1, i have a funny feeling that ralph might have either bit her, he was chasing her all over the place saturday, from the full rigger I'm assuming that she died sometime over night sunday into monday, it was cold and rainy here the last 3 days, and the chickens wont go into the coop anymore and just sit out side all night, so she might have just been weak and got cold and died... I'm just not sure.

yes i know, chickens die for no apparent reason, and they are "live stock" but since i only have a few i get worried that i did something wrong or we have a disease or poison issue.

gleet

The chicks are due tomorrow so like usual one hatched this morning. He talked all day and convinced another to pop out. Another has a hole started. We candled them and 6 of the 30 something were clear and removed. Some of the duck eggs looked clear but they have a week left. Tomorrow should see more chicks.

THE FEZ MAN

The chicks are due tomorrow so like usual one hatched this morning. He talked all day and convinced another to pop out. Another has a hole started. We candled them and 6 of the 30 something were clear and removed. Some of the duck eggs looked clear but they have a week left. Tomorrow should see more chicks.
nice!! i have another hen that might not be laying, i got a bloody egg last week *bloody on the out side, so i need to check there vents, i think it might be thing 2, the "flock mate" of the one that dropped dead, i would rather not lose another one this late in the season.

gleet

The chick's are due tomorrow so like usual one hatched this morning. He talked all day and convinced another to pop out. Another has a hole started. We candled them and 6 of the 30 something were clear and removed. Some of the duck eggs looked clear but they have a week left. Tomorrow should see more chicks.
nice!! i have another hen that might not be laying, i got a bloody egg last week *bloody on the out side, so i need to check there vents, i think it might be thing 2, the "flock mate" of the one that dropped dead, i would rather not lose another one this late in the season.
Had 8 this morning and 16 now with more on the way. One died halfway out the hole, it weeds out the weaklings.

THE FEZ MAN

George is beating the hell out of his bitches, the wife asked me if she could order some fancy hens she found a place that will send small orders

gleet

George is beating the hell out of his bitches, the wife asked me if she could order some fancy hens she found a place that will send small orders
Can't you go to the farmer store and get some chicks out of the horse tanks? Every store has chicks now.

THE FEZ MAN

Can't you go to the farmer store and get some chicks out of the horse tanks? Every store has chicks now.
we are going to stop at tractor supply on our way home from the shore on sunday, and see what they have left, usually they are an easter thing