Nice Head Deek
Feb 17, 2006
Secaucus, NJ
I always get these reactions whenever I talk about O&A

1: Yea, I miss those guys, they were great
2: Yea, I listened all the time on WNEW, then I explain they are on Xm, and
Krock. People are amazed when I tell them they are on krock
3: They are not on regular radio thou, they are only on xm

People STILL don't know. I think more advertising needs to be done on both sides. More WOW stickers need to be available. Back in the NEW days, everyone had a WOW sticker. You could walk into tower records, or ug hot topic, and there would be a stack of WOW stickers. Concerts, college events, and so on. I remember driving around, and seeing nothing but WOW everywhere. I will say that the stunts did help them out, but it sucks they have to be so careful with that now. Not saying that they need stunts, but I just think back to at ATOM bomb, WOW'ing on tv, and so on. Just made everyone run to the tv sets, call into the show, and stay tuned in. I understand they got promotion on buses, but its not the same thing.

Anyways back to the point, its just amazing how many people don't know that they are on the air

Also, I think it would of made a HUGE difference, if O&A went on regular radio, right after howard left, and all stations kept formats. For the exception of them in the mornings. I think once, the free fm talk format went into place, no one went back to krock. (Meaning if the david lee roth free fm experiment never happened, they might be in better shape right now.
Just my opinion

Oct 7, 2007
Cleveland
More WOW stickers need to be available. Back in the NEW days, everyone had a WOW sticker. You could walk into tower records, or ug hot topic, and there would be a stack of WOW stickers. Concerts, college events, and so on. I remember driving around, and seeing nothing but WOW everywhere. I will say that the stunts did help them out, but it sucks they have to be so careful with that now. Not saying that they need stunts, but I just think back to at ATOM bomb, WOW'ing on tv, and so on. Just made everyone run to the tv sets, call into the show, and stay tuned in. I understand they got promotion on buses, but its not the same thing.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Hint Hint Hint. PM me if you want to setup a sticker stop.

mattiew23m

Nice Head Deek
Feb 17, 2006
Secaucus, NJ
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Hint Hint Hint. PM me if you want to setup a sticker stop.

hmm would not let me send you a private message. But, I say the first one, should be a mall around Nj/nyc area.. I am thinking garden state plaza, and Palisades center. You would be suprised, certain stores are actually really cool about leaving stickers with them. They put them at the front counter, and give them to people for free, after purchasing things. Next, I would have to say sporting events, and concerts. Also, the city is also a great place... I would say devise, street teams. As bands do. Bars, are also a great place to get the word out.

Basically, see how many fans are willing to do this, in the markets that they are in. Maybe, someone could sticky this, for a place to discuss. And get this thing going. If someone comes up with an idea, see who can make it out, go for drinks afterwards, and make a day of it.

mattiew23m

Nice Head Deek
Feb 17, 2006
Secaucus, NJ
hmm would not let me send you a private message. But, I say the first one, should be a mall around Nj/nyc area.. I am thinking garden state plaza, and Palisades center. You would be suprised, certain stores are actually really cool about leaving stickers with them. They put them at the front counter, and give them to people for free, after purchasing things. Next, I would have to say sporting events, and concerts. Also, the city is also a great place... I would say devise, street teams. As bands do. Bars, are also a great place to get the word out.

Basically, see how many fans are willing to do this, in the markets that they are in. Maybe, someone could sticky this, for a place to discuss. And get this thing going. If someone comes up with an idea, see who can make it out, go for drinks afterwards, and make a day of it.
*example* someone is going to an event, if they think its a good idea to hand out stickers outside. They present the idea on the board. Then we all write in the thread, who is going to show up. A place to meet before, and a place to hang after. This is not about getting praise on the show btw, this is just about getting the word out about the show... And, maybe even havin' a blast doing it.

Oct 7, 2007
Cleveland

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to talk about the site here in this thread, but one of the goals of the site is to setup a WOW sticker stop registery. Basically you can goto the site and register a time and place where your going to be. Other users can help get the word out, and we "Hopefully" will be able to send you guys out stickers, posters, and banners. But it's still in the works. Hopefully by spring will have it up and running, along with enough supplies to ship out to people.
If you have any Ideas, throw them my way. Any questions, Email me.
webmaster@wowbumpersticker.com

Oct 7, 2007
Cleveland
Thats too funny, we were writing the same post at the same time. Yes, you are correct sir.

It's all about the show. No glory.

mattiew23m

Nice Head Deek
Feb 17, 2006
Secaucus, NJ
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to talk about the site here in this thread, but one of the goals of the site is to setup a WOW sticker stop registery. Basically you can goto the site and register a time and place where your going to be. Other users can help get the word out, and we "Hopefully" will be able to send you guys out stickers, posters, and banners. But it's still in the works. Hopefully by spring will have it up and running, along with enough supplies to ship out to people.
If you have any Ideas, throw them my way. Any questions, Email me.
webmaster@wowbumpersticker.com
I will shoot you an email. But, maybe you could speak to someone on wackbag. Maybe, it could speed along the process. Its your thing, I understand that. But, wackbag is pretty cool w/ these things, I don't see why it would be a problem. If you were a site, trying to detract people from coming to wackbag, and just pimping your site. Then I could see it being an issue. I am not a mod, so I do not know. But, in my opinion, I would not see it being an issue, if it is to support the show.

Oct 7, 2007
Cleveland
I will shoot you an email. But, maybe you could speak to someone on wackbag. Maybe, it could speed along the process. Its your thing, I understand that. But, wackbag is pretty cool w/ these things, I don't see why it would be a problem. If you were a site, trying to detract people from coming to wackbag, and just pimping your site. Then I could see it being an issue. I am not a mod, so I do not know. But, in my opinion, I would not see it being an issue, if it is to support the show.

The site in no way competes with any other O and A fan sites. It offers things that other site do not, cannot, or don't want to do.
I just feel weird mentioning it on this site. Besides, I'm new. I don't want to get banned before I get started. I love this site.

mattiew23m

Nice Head Deek
Feb 17, 2006
Secaucus, NJ
I don't think you would get banned from the site, for being pro-active. This is a fan site. I mean, anything that benefits the show, is good. And if we have fans working together, instead of against each other, I don't see that as being bad :)

Hobo_Cum

Psst... your balls are showing...
Apr 15, 2006
Hobo Cock, Massachusetts
I don't think you would get banned from the site, for being pro-active. This is a fan site. I mean, anything that benefits the show, is good. And if we have fans working together, instead of against each other, I don't see that as being bad :)
you use way too many comma's in your posts brother... only a couple extras in this one, but in your other posts your overabundance of commas was distracting me.

just FYI :action-sm:action-sm:action-sm

mattiew23m

Nice Head Deek
Feb 17, 2006
Secaucus, NJ
you use way too many comma's in your posts brother... only a couple extras in this one, but in your other posts your overabundance of commas was distracting me.

just FYI :action-sm:action-sm:action-sm
Yea, I have no idea why I find the need to just add a comma lol

PartyRock24

Lingering Longer since summer of '06
May 23, 2007
Washington DC
Yeah if you guys get something up with the wow stickers stops, I'll take part in a the support, I live in Providence, RI and i would love to keep the boys up in Providence. I could also hand out some wow stickers at my school. Like at school events,ect. So i will do my part if called upon. Just keep me informed. Send me a PM.

mattiew23m

Nice Head Deek
Feb 17, 2006
Secaucus, NJ
Yeah if you guys get something up with the wow stickers stops, I'll take part in a the support, I live in Providence, RI and i would love to keep the boys up in Providence. I could also hand out some wow stickers at my school. Like at school events,ect. So i will do my part if called upon. Just keep me informed. Send me a PM.

See, this is why i could see maybe a mod making this a sticky, because now you can setup things with people in that area. And maybe other people in that area can PM you, or talk to you on this thread. And this is a good way to spread the word

Oct 7, 2007
Cleveland
See, this is why i could see maybe a mod making this a sticky, because now you can setup things with people in that area. And maybe other people in that area can PM you, or talk to you on this thread. And this is a good way to spread the word

Theres time. Old man winter is apon us. Gives me time to finish the site and complete the addons. I have to go through and setup more contacts with differn't stations. all that fun stuff.
I would hate to have a sticky for a half completed site. Most people "older O and A fans" would laugh at it right now anyways. :D
But, I am completely wide open for as many comments and Idea's any of you have to send me. Keep'em coming.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
Gee, I feel as though I'm eveasdropping on an AIM conversation.

mattiew23m

Nice Head Deek
Feb 17, 2006
Secaucus, NJ
Que The Aim Noise.

"let's Go Touch Some Children Cccbbbbss" Que Door Closing Sound Effect

PartyRock24

May 23, 2007
Washington DC
Actually today i sent in some envolpes to your website. Because i saw that it was another way to get wow stickers, so i tried. I have been sending in to Boston, NY, Providence for about 2 months, and i have gotten about 20 and there hanging up in my room, and the window of my room.

Oct 7, 2007
Cleveland
Actually today i sent in some envolpes to your website. Because i saw that it was another way to get wow stickers, so i tried. I have been sending in to Boston, NY, Providence for about 2 months, and i have gotten about 20 and there hanging up in my room, and the window of my room.
The way it works is every user gets 3 stickers per envelope, but if you register a sticker stop, I'll send out a brick or two. Kinda depends when and where your at. Once I start getting in more shipments. I will be able to load you guys up. The key is to kinda get them on out on the street.
To be honest with ya, the more success we can make WOW, the better my chances are to see some perkies. Thats my drive! oh and the show of course. :D

Oct 7, 2007
Cleveland
Get the stickers out there. Some might not keep them, but most will

It's all good. Cause there friends will come over and see all the WoW stickers hanging on the wall and make him hand some over. WoW's have there own magical why of spreading out. I ain't worried at all.:icon_razz

PartyRock24

May 23, 2007
Washington DC
It's all good. Cause there friends will come over and see all the WoW stickers hanging on the wall and make him hand some over. WoW's have there own magical why of spreading out. I ain't worried at all.:icon_razz
I'll hand a bunch out to my friends and i can also hand out a bunch at my school. I'll tell the Seniors what it means and they'll go along with it.

watsonnostaw

May 6, 2005
I always get these reactions whenever I talk about O&A

1: Yea, I miss those guys, they were great
2: Yea, I listened all the time on WNEW, then I explain they are on Xm, and
Krock. People are amazed when I tell them they are on krock
3: They are not on regular radio thou, they are only on xm

People STILL don't know. I think more advertising needs to be done on both sides. More WOW stickers need to be available. Back in the NEW days, everyone had a WOW sticker. You could walk into tower records, or ug hot topic, and there would be a stack of WOW stickers. Concerts, college events, and so on. I remember driving around, and seeing nothing but WOW everywhere. I will say that the stunts did help them out, but it sucks they have to be so careful with that now. Not saying that they need stunts, but I just think back to at ATOM bomb, WOW'ing on tv, and so on. Just made everyone run to the tv sets, call into the show, and stay tuned in. I understand they got promotion on buses, but its not the same thing.

Anyways back to the point, its just amazing how many people don't know that they are on the air

Also, I think it would of made a HUGE difference, if O&A went on regular radio, right after howard left, and all stations kept formats. For the exception of them in the mornings. I think once, the free fm talk format went into place, no one went back to krock. (Meaning if the david lee roth free fm experiment never happened, they might be in better shape right now.
Just my opinion

some people just dont know how to google

they did do TV commercials and go on letterman / leno

so if an old time listener doesnt know, fuck em

mattiew23m

Nice Head Deek
Feb 17, 2006
Secaucus, NJ
Its usually people that listened often, but was not a fanatic.

There are all different kinds of fans